Bombshell

Just Give Me A Reason

 

 

Suzy sit hugging her knees and stared at him, aware that something had happened but…. she just can't pinpoint what it was.

 

Seungri looked…… shattered.

 

Was that her fault? Guilty feeling give a chill to her spine. She was supposed to be here to take care of him not to jump into fights with him every five minutes. She was supposed to be sensitive to his fragile mental state.

 

Scrambling out of the bed, she go to him. The guilty feeling worsen when she found him sitting on the edge of his bed with his face buried in his hands.

 

‘Seungri?’ She drop in front of him. ‘Are you all right?’

 

He didn’t move or say anything for a few minutes. Feeling concern, Suzy reached up and gently put her fingers between his fingers then tugged them away from his face.

 

‘I’m OK,’ he said.

 

Well, he didn’t look OK at all. Tension was carving on each feature of his face as if he was under some terrible shock. And the most disturbing thing she thought she see is a stain of tears in those eyes.

 

‘I’m sorry, I went too far with you,’ she whispered. ‘I keep forgetting you’re …’

 

‘Sick.’ Seungri give a smirk upon hearing her words.

 

‘Crazy …’ as he offered other alternatives.

 

Suzy sighed at his comments. She saw him lay his hand on his injured thigh and her eyes were focus there. ‘Your wound is bleeding,’ when she see the evidence of blood. ‘We had better take a look.’

 

‘You’re intending to play nurse…... in that dress?’ Seungri drawled lazily mocking over her nightgown.

 

Suzy’s face went immediately pink but she had a feeling that Seungri was trying to play things light by his comment. He definitely didn’t want things to kick off between them again. They almost ended up having a fight.

 

‘Let me warn you, I’m not a good nurse.’

 

‘I’ll take a risk.’

 

 

 

‘Can't stand the sight?’ he asked when she was a half metre away.

 

‘I don’t know. I’ve never seen an open wound before.’

 

‘It’s not open.’ He peeled the last of the old dressing away and she saw that he was telling the truth. A four-inch purple line in his thigh was all left after the surgery, except for a small open in the middle of it.

 

‘Does it hurt?’

 

‘Not much.’ Seungri takes a packet of small plastic tube with clear liquid. He snapped its seal and applied the liquid to the wound. ‘What does it do?’ Suzy asked curiously as she watch.

 

‘Speed up the healing process … You ask a lot of questions for an unwilling nurse.’

 

Suzy pout when she hear his word. She handed him a clean, dry pad that come together in the packet. He used it to soak up the excess liquid and when he was done she handed him a fresh dressing strip which he apply on the wound.

 

‘Suzy, I’m sorry,’ he murmured suddenly. ‘About everything.’

 

That sounded odd. She could feel there was something in the way he made that apology that she didn’t like.

 

‘I was an easy target’ she confessed. Desperate to do something she gathered up the discarded items and stand up. ‘I’ll go and trow these in the wastebin.’

 

‘Tomorrow, if you want, you can go back to Korea.’

 

She is halfway to the bathroom when he drop the bombshell.

 

She turn to face him. He was sitting there. His head was down.

 

‘Y-you want me to leave?’ She heard her own choking voice.