Laying the mask down

Just Give Me A Reason

 

 

Many people attend the funeral ceremony. Hwang Changsung was well known and liked by many people. The tragedy that took his life at young age made more poignant to them.

 

Suzy stand beside Seungri. Dara unnie and Seungri’s uncle are at his other side. Behind them was Seungri’s racing team, all wearing black suits. In front of them was the Hwang’s family. Changsung’s mother and father, his sister and his relatives, all sad and mourn but still show their love and support to Seungri.

 

They all concerned on how Seungri was doing. But his somber face and stillness made it clear to Suzy that he found his situation almost too hard to bear.

 

Guilt, she thought.

 

It was Changsung’s father who invited him to say a few words of farewell. Seungri must have been expecting it to happen. He make a step to the podium and every step he made, Suzy could feel his tension increasing like an electric shock to her skin.

 

Seungri tried to block out everything related to his best friend since the accident…. yet he stand here in front of hundreds people sharing his feeling and thought. Suzy feel hurt for him ….. hurt so much that she didn’t realized she had grip Seungri’s uncle hand as she fight back her tears.

 

‘Are you OK?’ Suzy immediately ask Seungri the moment they sit inside the Mercedes. 

 

‘Yes,’ he just reply shortly.

 

The ceremony was still not over. They had to attend the funeral reception but he was tempted to tell Butler Kang to turn the car and take them home.

 

He manage to go through the first hour by choosing to avoid everyone… until suddenly it all become too much for him to handle. Seungri grab Suzy’s hand abruptly and walked along the garden until they were distance from the guest.

 

He didn’t know what was happening but suddenly he felt he want to vomit, his head is spinning and his heart was pounding so hard. Leaning his shoulder against the pillar, he let go of Suzy’s hand so he could loosen the tie and open a few button on his shirt, then he take a very deep breath.

 

‘Are you all right?’ Looking up at his face, Suzy felt concern because he looked as if he might having panic attack anytime.

 

‘Fine,’ he said. ‘Just hot and …’

 

Suzy touched Seungri’s hand and then his ghostly pale cheek. ‘You don’t feel hot. You feel cold.’

 

‘Let’s get out of here.’ Without giving her a change to register his meaning, Seungri grab Suzy’s hand and pull her along with him so fast that she had struggle to keep up with him.

 

‘But where are we going?’ she said breathlessly.

 

‘Home.’

 

‘But we can’t just leave without telling anyone! It would be rude. Seungri!’ She sighed when he just kept on going. ‘Will you just stop and listen to me?’

 

Being stubborn as always, he didn’t stop and listen. Within minutes they were in the back of the Mercedes with a bewildered Butler Kang.