Bona-fide Seoul

Stranger's Love

 

30th July 2020 (Part 2)

 

The annual appreciation dinner took place in Seoul’s most expensive hotel. Yes, that would mean they have top notched security too. Since Korea’s top artists like BoA, DBSK, Super Junior, SNSD,  SHINee, F(x), EXO and SOD will be attending it.

 

The function hall was decorated extravagantly and everyone was dressed in suits and evening gowns for the night. Although there weren’t any cameras recording, none of the artists dare to risk being caught underdress for such event. The purpose of this dinner is to thank the artists and staffs for their hardwork, and it takes place annually. The close door event allowed much freedom for the artists to bring their dates, girlfriends or even family.

 

Sehun pushed open the glass door leading to the pool at the adjacent end and he felt a tinge better when the fresh air hit his face. He hated such company events as much as Award Ceremonies that EXO has to attend. To him, everyone in there was just attending for the sake of it. Like him. Just because it was organized by Mr Lee Soo Man himself. Greetings were exchanged with handshakes and hugs but they were all too surface to the man’s liking.  He finds their actions hypocritical. None of them out there were truly concerned about him. They were interested about EXO’s maknae Sehun, not the real Oh Sehun. At the end of the day, the artists in the company are just tools. Living tools for them to earn money, so it doesn’t matter who they are.

 

He took off his black suit and placed it on the wooden bench beside him before releasing the first two buttons of his white button down that was suffocating him for the past 2 hours. Taking a sip of red wine from his wine glass that he brought out with him from the hall, he smirked with mockery glistening through his eyes. How ironic. They were told to have loads of fun and enjoy the night but they were not allowed to touch a single sip of alcohol. In case they ruin their image when they are drunk. How fun can the party get?

 

Just when he thought he was alone, he caught sight of two people talking behind a tree. A man in tuxedo whom Sehun can’t see his face clearly was talking to a lady in brown dress. From their body language he could tell that they are both very comfortable with one another. He looked at the lady who was backfacing him, he had definitely seen that dress somewhere before. It then suddenly dawned on him that it was Aleyah.

 

As much as he enjoyed the quietness at the poolside, he couldn’t help turning to look at the two conversing every now and then. They seem to be having so much fun that Sehun somewhat felt bored in contrast. His thoughts started to wonder. The lady and the man look compatible. Was it her boyfriend? Why are they dating at the poolside? Is he an artist?? Unknowingly, he craned his neck further to catch a glimpse of the shadowed man. Clumsy as he is, the man accidentally knocked onto the glass wine causing it to shatter into tiny pieces on the floor.

 

Realizing what he had done, he quickly hid himself from the couple hoping that he would not be found. However, Aleyah caught a spastic man squatting on a wooden bench when she approached the sound that interrupted her conversation shortly after.

 

Sehun studied her face carefully when she stood in front of him. Her face was contorted as she was surpressing her laughter to find a grown up man in that position. He then realized the awkward position he was in before scurrying down from the chair. Pulling his shirt collar, he tried to hide his embarrassment behind his expressionless face.

 

Aleyah looked at him intently. Behind those sleek movements of his, it hid his embarrassment. Although he was cold and expressionless, she knows that it was just a façade he created for people to believe this was who he was. And she was always good at reading people so she’s confident that he’s definitely a warm body. “Nice try.”

 

“What are you doing here?” Sehun tried to change the subject, hoping that she will forget the embarrassing moment earlier.

 

“I should be the one asking, what are you doing here?”

 

For that moment, Sehun had totally forgotten that this lady has a way with words. Just like what his other members had told him, she was intriguing. “Oh wells… you know…just bored”

 

“You?”

 

“I don’t know anyone in there. It’s awkward.” The lady took a seat beside where he placed his black jacket. She was invited to this event because she was in charge of the decorations recommended by Kai.

 

“But you are close to hyung?” It wasn’t a question, it was a statement. Sehun and Kai’s friendship marked the 10th year this year. This hyung of his was like a snail. Once touched, it will hide in its shell for a really long time. He opens up to people really slowly and doesn’t trust easily so he hides in his shell all the time. Even when Sehun first reached out to him, it took him years to make Kai abandon that shell of his when he’s with him. Till now, the ones who’ve seen him shed those shells of his was only a handful. So when his best friend told him that there was someone else he could relate to, he was surprised. What made him even more taken aback was she only took 6 months.

 

“Yeah I am.” Aleyah didn’t see the need to deny in front of Sehun. She knows Kai and him are very close. Denial would only cause unnecessary misunderstandings.

 

“Do you mind?” Sehun raised his cigarette box asking her. She shook her head.

 

“Do you smoke?” It was a conversation starter for smokers and he knew what her answer would be. No. And why is this so? Girls care about their image too much to be truthful to a man she first met. First impression was always important.

 

But he was so wrong.

 

“Yeah I do.” His hand froze midway where he was about to take another puff and turned to look at her, clearly shocked by her honesty. “Only when I’m stress or upset over something.”

 

Sehun stared at the lady as he blew out the smoke in her direction. It was a small honesty test since non-smokers would be irked by it. However she took in like normal air without even turning to look at him. She really was a smoker.

 

Her honesty brought a smile onto the guy’s face for the first time that night.

 

 

Thank you for subscribing and commenting!!

I was texting my friend about how happy I was when my subscribers increased to 28. I sounded like i had 280 subscribers man. LOL.

Will promise to update more often yeah.

Thank you for your support! *Bows*