Unintended Seoul

Stranger's Love

 

A drunk man is happier than a sober one.

 

24th September 2020

 

“Welcome on board, this is Captain Shim speaking. We will be cruising at 33,000ft from Beijing back to Seoul. The sky is clear and we aim to reach Incheon at estimated time of 4.50pm Feel free to contact my crew if you need any assistance, have a pleasant flight ahead.”

 

Sehun leaned on his seat with his arm covering his eyes, his head had been pounding since he woke up this morning. It didn’t stop even after he swallowed 2 painkillers. This was one of the worst hangover he ever had but it was also the most satisfied one. Because he was glad that it was him that was feeling this yucky, he couldn’t imagine how a lady like her could handle all this.

 

“How do you feel?” Kyungsoo nudged him lightly and asked.

 

“Like .” The blonde male did not even open his eyes to look at him. He was feeling too uncomfortable to do anything. Even his current position wasn’t comfy at all.

 

“I’m not asking you about your hangover.” His partner for this flight rolled his goldfish eyes, “I’m asking how you feel about laying on Aleyah’s lap.”

 

“Aleyah… what?” Kyungsoo’s words shocked Sehun enough to make him bite back his throbbing headache and turned around to look at him.

 

“Okay, looks like you don’t remember anything at all.”

 

“Hyung, since when do I remember a thing that happened whenever we are drinking?”

 

The older male nodded his head, agreeing to his reply. They had drank together for countless number of times and he knew how a bad drinker the younger one was. Not only would he be the first to be knocked out, he would also not remember anything that he had done. And that includes how touchy he could get. Probably even he himself doesn’t even know because he would be too drunk to realize that. “Okay, that’s true.”

 

“I only slept on her lap right?” Sehun confirmed once again. “Did I say anything else?”

 

To him it was fine if he just slept on her lap, but somehow he was terrified of something else. He was afraid of saying all the words he swallowed down while sober because truth always comes out under the influence of alcohol. They were words that only his heart knew, and they were the words that he didn’t have the courage to let her know. He was still not confident about crossing the imaginary line that separates friendship from lovers. Because once he passed that friendship boundary, he might not get back the same old her again. He knew how things would turn awkward if she doesn’t feel the same way as him; he had similar experience before.

 

“Sehun. I hate to tell you this but I think you should know.” Kyungsoo looked at him seriously, “You confessed to her yesterday night.”

 

“I… what?!” The blonde male exclaimed with his eyes widened. His nightmare just came true.

 

“You confessed to her yesterday night when you were drunk.”

 

“How did I… I mean… how did she.. Aisssh.” Sehun panicked as tons of questions whirled in his head. How did he confess to her? What exactly did he say? What did he do? And most importantly, what was her reaction? All the questions were burning at the back of his throat that he did not know which one to ask first.

 

“Chill Sehun!” Kyungsoo calmed him down, “If you managed to make a man like me feel touched after hearing your confession, how do you think Aleyah feels?”

 

The blonde male looked at him with uncertainty covering his brown eyes, “What… what exactly did I say?”

 

“You told her that you are in love with her and how you always daydream about being with her all the time. You even mentioned the times when two of you were together; it was detailed to the point of what she was wearing that day and what she said to you. Then you went on and on about how you admired her and thought she was so beautiful inside out because she was the only one had the keys to fit your lock.”

 

Sehun breathed heavily as he processed Kyungsoo’s words in his head. Despite the splitting headache, he was still conscious enough to know that those were a drunk man’s words but were also a sober man’s thoughts. They were what he was afraid to say to her.

 

“But….”

 

“But what?” He looked at the older with the same set of insecure eyes.

 

“You confessed to her while standing on the table. Kind of unromantic actually.”

 

“But other than that, you did a great job maknae!” The older male patted his arm encouragingly.

 

However his words did not make Sehun feel any better. He confessed to Aleyah and he himself doesn’t even know it. Yes he had ever dreamed of telling her how he felt towards her, but it was definitely not like this. Definitely not when he was in an unconscious state of mind. Many times, he had planned to confess in a place where she would be surrounded by her favourite flowers with the wind blowing against her jet black hair, dancing together with her long skirt. But now he had ruined it big time. There was no way he could undo what he did. The blonde male panicked as his fist clenched tightly, “How did she.. react?”

 

“She didn’t say anything because you collapsed right into her lap right after you got down from the table.”

 

Sehun could feel his head pounding even harder than before. He wasn’t sure if her silence after his confession was a good thing or not. As much as he wanted to know her feelings about it, he couldn’t help but to be worried about something else – how she thought of him. He was afraid that she would think of him as some frivolous man who goes around telling every woman within his reach about how much he loves them so he could get into their pants. Because this was definitely not the case. He loves her more than just bedding her. That thought had never crossed his mind, not at all.

 

“Hyung, will she think that I’m spouting nonsense?”

 

“I’m not her. I won’t know.” Kyungsoo replied simply, “If you want to know you got to ask her yourself.”

 

“I don’t know… I’m scared to know her reply.”

 

“You are just afraid of staying stagnant as friends even though you two are more than friends but not yet lovers. ”

 

 “Sehun-ah, you either fight for what you want, or you lose it. “

 

“Your choice.”

 

******

 

 

It's been so long since I last dedicated a chapter to Sehun. So here we go! This chapter is occurring at the same time as the previous chapter btw. I've missed out a few stuff on purpose for the previous 2 chapters, anyone realize anything?

Anyone out there has ask.fm? I'm bored. Let's ask each other questions? (: http://ask.fm/RedLolita