Idolize Seoul

Stranger's Love

 

12 June 2015

 

The serenity in the store was broken by the sudden opening of the door and a series of hastened footsteps.

 

“Un…Unnie!” The lady in her late 20s looked at the girl in front of her. Her cheeks were flushed and her fringe was plastered on her forehead. Sweat trail was forming at the side of her face.

 

“Mi… miyanhae! I didn’t…. didn’t mean to.. to be.. be late….I… today.. fansign… “ The girl couldn’t stop panting. She patiently waited for her to catch her breadth.

 

“I’m sorry Unnie! The fansign was crazy today. Kai’s queue was really long! I promise I won’t be late the next time!” The lady looked at her watch, she was 4 hours late for her shift.

 

“Manage to see your Kai today?” Instead of reprimanding her, the lady asked her gently.

 

“Yupp!! He was smiling a lot today!!” The girl jumped with joy as smiles plastered all over her face. The lady shook her head and smiled in defeat. How can someone be so happy about a random guy who doesn’t even know your name smiling a lot?

 

“Did he say anything to you then?” She looked at the girl with her hand below her chin.

 

“He said I smelled really good.” Once again, the young one was in daydream. Probably reminiscing the scene that happened earlier on.

 

“What? Again?!” The lady was slightly taken aback.

 

“Yeah.. this is like the 5th time Kai told me but he doesn’t seem to remember me.. nor my name..” She sighed as disappointment filled her eyes.

 

“You don’t go for their fansign often, how do you expect him to remember you?” The lady looked down at her account book as she finds it strange how can a stranger give the same compliment everytime he sees her. She finds it strange yet somehow creepy.

 

“True… but I’m happy that I got to see him!” Aleyah skipped to the back of store to change into her uniform.

 

“Silly girl…” The lady shook her head with a loving smile once again. To her, she was just like her younger sister. A really hardworking and crazy one…

 

Meanwhile while Aleyah was changing at the back of the store, earlier scene started to replay in her head.

 

** flashback**

 

“Annyeong… what’s your name?” Kai asked her but she was too stunned to speak. Although this wasn’t the first time she had been to their fan sign, talking to Kai, she couldn’t help but to get tongue tied every time.

 

She was positive that in this world only this man in front of her was capable of sending her electric currents through her body with his presence near her.

 

“A..Aleyah.” She stammered.

 

“Aleyah?” Kai asked once again, to be sure. She couldn’t speak so she nodded.

 

“Is it written like this?” Kai pushed her CD over as she bent over to check.

 

“You smell really nice Aleyah-ssi.” The male complimented with a smile as she took the CD and left feeling shocked.

 

**End of flashback**

 

The 19 year old girl smiled as she checked herself out for the last time in the mirror. Making sure she looked decent and presentable, she headed outside and was immediately greeted by the floral scent that calmed her nerves.

 

She picked up a bunch of tulips and sniffed them slightly. Her mind was still thinking about Kai. Suddenly everything feels so right and she felt everything she had done was worth it.

 

At the age of 18, the girl migrated to Korea alone. She stepped foot into a land that spoke a totally different tongue. However, she was well-prepared, she saw that coming.

 

2 years before, she was roaming around Seoul when she coincidentally saw a clip of a guy dancing across the street. She didn’t know who he was, she only know that she couldn’t tear her eyes from him, not even for a second. She also knew that it wasn’t his dance skills nor his looks, it was something else. Till now she still can’t find the answer to that mystery.

 

 Upon returning back to her home country, she started to look for the guy she saw earlier in Korea. After much effort, she found out that the guy is Kai from a group called Exo. Since then, a crazy thought formed in her head. She wants to look for him in Seoul. She wants to talk to him. She wants to see him upclose. She wants to know what is so attractive about him that caused her to be like this. She wants to solve that mystery.

 

In order to do so she had to learn how to speak his language. She spent 2 years studying Korean. She improved so fast that even her teachers were shocked. The proficiency exam was of no kick to her either. Sometimes she feels that it’s probably fate that her life would be better in Korea since she hasn’t been doing well in her academics back there.

 

 Even though she was new to the language, she spoke so well that people assumed that she was local. She managed to settle down rather quickly, enrolled into a school and got a part time job – that is a floral shop named Pollen, owned by a lady in her late 20s, Park Hyera.

 

Aleyah started her life in Korea with an aim to solve the mystery. However 2 years passed yet she still doesn’t know why. She only knows that she falls for this stranger harder as the day goes by. Watching him upclose everytime makes her heart race and it makes her dumbfounded, this was definitely the first for her. She somehow can picture him in her life sometimes, how he would laugh and react to certain sentence because she knows how his character was like through the fancams and variety shows she watches.

 

“Aleyah! Prepare the bouquet of flowers that is to be delivered tomorrow.” Hyera Unnie reminded her.

 

“Alright Unnie!” She replied her cheerfully as she walked down the store choosing the flowers for the bouquet of flowers. Her thoughts were now replaced by the beautiful plants before her. Her index and middle finger alternate in the air as she tries to pick them out. It was her little habit that she doesn’t know.

 

The lady looked at the girl in front of the flowers. She knows she wasn’t the lazy type so she didn’t scold her earlier on. Reprimanding her for being late wasn’t exactly fair to her since she doesn’t take any off days to rest. The few times she requested to be off was when Exo has fansign or concerts nearby on non-busy days. Most of the time she lets the young one go. She knows this is one of the stages that young girls have to pass through, the Idolizing period. She went through that too.

 

However, she still couldn’t get over what Kai’s compliment. Aleyah went to their fan sign 5 times and everytime Kai will tell her the same thing. She was quite sure such compliment is not used frequently. Especially not for a fangirl.

 

 

 

Thank you for subscribing to Stranger's Love. 

Story is building up! I'm so excited about this FF that i'm gonna update more frequently!

Please do keep a lookout and be patient~

Subscribe and comments please! ^^