Intriguing Seoul

Stranger's Love

 

30th July 2020

(Part 1)

 

“The Cosmos and Magnolia on this side. The bouquet of Pansy and Sunflowers belong to the front desk.” A lady in brown long dress, holding a matching dark brown leather file stood in the middle of the function room gave out instructions.  She was like a butterfly fluttering from table to table as she adjusted the floral decorations. Sweat was forming on her forehead and the heat was flushing her cheeks red even though her long wavy hair was tied into a high bun. The workers nodded at her instructions before rushing off again. “No. This bouquet of flowers is supposed to be on table 3.” Crossing her arms on her petite waist, she breathed out heavily. SM’s annual appreciation party was in 3 hours and her floral decorations were far from done.

 

Just then, two men walked into the function hall quietly, one in front of the other. The darker one quickened his pace when he saw a familiar figure standing in the middle of the hall. His lips twitched upwards instinctively, he knew she was frustrated about something. Most likely over how the current decoration was not up to her standard since she’s a perfectionist when it comes to flowers.

 

“Yo.” Kai put his finger near her right cheek when he called her. “Gotcha.” Her soft cheeks sunk in when his finger came in contact with it, her eyes rounded with surprise too. Contented with her adorable reaction, the childish man chuckled loudly causing the other one behind to look at him weirdly.

 

Rolling her eyes, Aleyah smacked his hand away from her. “Yah. How old are you?”

 

“Probably 6.”

 

“Please don’t tell me you are 6.”

 

The two said it in harmony as they stared at each other. Aleyah rolled her eyes in defeat. She knew the 26 year old man in front of her would just ‘conveniently’ reduced his age by 20 by taking away the 2 at the front. Kai chuckled even louder this time as he flashed her his boyish smile, not surprised by their chemistry. It has always been like this for the past 6 months. Amazingly, she could always read his mind. It wasn’t those whereby she says I can read your mind out loud, it was like the little things that happened earlier that made the man realize that she was actually his long lost soul mate.

 

Soul mates. Kai believes that they exist, just not romantically. There are certain people you will meet in your life who you just connect with more than anyone else and you just know it isn’t a typical thing and you understand each other perfectly. And this person won’t always be your “significantly other”. It could be your friend or sibling or parent or teacher or the person you are dating or whoever. It could just be anyone you’ve interacted with. That was what he believes in all these years. Even though EXO has 12 members, he lives with them everyday, the people he could call as his soulmate among them barely hit his 5 fingers – Kyungsoo, Sehun and Luhan. They were his 3 significantly other and now he found the 4th.

 

Sehun stared at the man and lady in front of him. His attention was now fully on the lady. Aleyah Lee, Sehun thought to himself. Although it was his first time meeting her, he had heard too many things about her beforehand. The members were full of praises about this charismatic friend that Kai has. Even the solemn Kris complimented her in every way possible. It wasn’t her looks that the boys couldn’t forget, it was the way she holds a conversation with them that never fails to make them feel intrigued. Plus her dressing was never skimpy. This kind of lady was definitely one of a kind in this century.

 

“Ehem” He cleared his throat to make his presence known. Sehun definitely wants to get to know this lady today. Coincidentally, he was always not around when the rest of the boys hang out with her, so he has yet to talk to her. Kai has also constantly told him that he would be able to click well with her, since Kyungsoo and Luhan gets along with her pretty well too.

 

“Aleyah. He’s EXO’s Maknae. Sehun. You haven’t met him before.” Feeling happy that the two finally had a chance to meet, Kai stepped aside as he introduced his soulmates to one another.

 

“Sehun.. Ahhh, I’ve heard a lot about you. I’m Aleyah Lee, nice to meet you.” She stuck out her hand, smiling at the guy in front of her. He was so fair and flawless that he resembles a porcelain doll. His features were so sharp and distinctive that it fits his oval shaped face perfectly, giving out a cold aura that people would often deem as arrogant or expressionless. It was as though there was a layer of ice surrounding him, making it difficult for people to go near.

 

The lady’s first sentence has managed to pique the guy’s interest, making his lips twitched a little upwards. “What about me?” He coolly accepted her handshake to realize she smells fresh. Her perfume makes him feel somewhat comfortable he took in another breath unknowingly. Probably addictive too.

 

“You are not as cold as you seem to be.”

 

 

Thereeee! introduction to the other guy in this story, Oh Sehun.

Will be updating my foreword in the next few days. I think it's kinda draggy.

Hope to hear some comments from you guys! (: