Solicitous Rome

Stranger's Love

 

I think that the whole point of being with someone is so you can talk to them and let go of everything, and even when you’re at your worst, they still like you, they still want to speak to you and care about you.

 

10th September 2020

 

Aleyah watched Kai showed off his powerful yet smooth dance moves on the stage. He wore a plain white tee and jeans but he still looked so charming that she could hear own heartbeat racing. Even though they were only having rehearsals, Exo members made sure they took it seriously and gave their all. So the man who was on stage now was dancing with bursting aura circling him.

 

His expression was always aesthetically pleasing to watch. He was never stingy with his y expressions or teasing gestures; it was his job to make the fangirls go crazy. But as the music went into the dance break where his solo took place, his usual smug look was different. His eyebrows were intensely creased as he bit his lower lips. Although he was still alluring with that expression of his, but to Aleyah, she knew something was definitely not right.

 

Instinctively, her expression mirrored after his but was filled with worried. Her sixth sense told her that he was having a relapse.

 

Right when the producer announced for a break, Kai got up from his ending pose with a sharp pain at his lower back. The pain came when he was performing halfway but he didn’t let it affect his performance so he bit it down and continued.

 

“Kai, are you okay?” Kyungsoo came over and put his arm around his shoulders.

 

“My back.” Cold-sweat started to form on his forehead as he swallowed hard to bite back the intense pain.

 

“Let’s get you offstage.” The older one put Kai’s arm around his shoulder and supported him, “Chen! Get Kai’s painkiller. Quick!”

 

“Hyung, can we go down by that side?” The man could feel her eyes lingering on him but he couldn’t look up at her. If he did, she would definitely know that he’s suffering and he didn’t want that. So he tried his best to walk down the stage by himself in hope that she doesn’t realize anything weird with him.

 

“Why? This side is nearer.” But Aleyah is there.

 

“Hyung, please. Just go off by that side.”

 

“Aish, you sure are a stubborn one.”

 

Aleyah watched him limped off the other side of the stage with Kyungsoo beside him. She mentally scolded him because she knew he did it on purpose. He was clearly avoiding her. Squeezing passed the crowded backstage, she made her way towards him. Her expression was still as blanched.

 

Before she could reach him, she was stopped by one of their staff. “Aleyah, one of the coordinator forgot their blazers. Can you go back to the hotel with her to pick it up?”

 

“Can you give me a while? I need to do something urgently.” From where she was, she could clearly see Kai leaning on Kyungsoo helplessly while Chen fed him medication.

 

“This is urgent too. They need the blazers for their opening stage, can you put off the thing you are doing for a while?”

 

Stealing a last look at him, she turned back to the staff unwillingly, “Okay, I will go now.”

 

*******

 

By the time she returned back to the concert site, they were done with their rehearsals and everyone was gathered in the rest area having their dinner before the concert. Her eyes started searching for that familiar figure and it didn’t take her long to spot him limping towards s. He caught her stare the moment he sat down but he quickly looked away, pretending to be talking to Baekhyun instead.

 

“Aleyah, there’s a space here.” The other translator pointed to an empty seat beside her. The seat was coincidentally at his 12 o clock. She sat down slowly, her eyes still glued on him, waiting for him to return the eye contact they always shared but she was ignored.

 

Pushing her food away, the lady had no appetite at all. Throughout the dinner, she kept glancing at his direction but he avoided her by not looking up at all. She was really worried about his condition and it was not helping when he’s giving her the cold-shoulder. All she wanted was to ask if he’s fine but what really got on her nerves was him turning his back on her and walked off the moment she approached him.

 

Throughout the preparation before the concert, the man and the lady were playing hide-and-seek. She would hunt for him as he dodged from her. The nearer she got, the further he hides. The annoyed expression hanging on her face was getting more prominent as the hours go by and this was of course all seen by Sehun.

 

“Are you okay? Why do you seem so angry?” He got up from the couch and stopped her in her tracks.

 

“Yeah I’m fine.” She replied half-heartedly, her eyes were focusing on somewhere else.

 

“Who made you this angry?” He held her arms gently, “Tell me. I will kick his or her for you.”

 

“Nah, I’m fine Sehun. Really.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Really.” Shrugging his arms off lightly, Aleyah walked passed him.

 

Sehun’s eyes followed her as he saw her approaching Kai slowly, his face fell instantly. He was sure he doesn’t like this feeling at all.

 

******

 

 

Standing outside room 1705, Aleyah knocked lightly. It didn’t take long for someone to answer the door. As much as she felt that it was inappropriate for her to this openly, she didn’t had any other choice.

 

“Hi Kyungsoo.” She smiled at him, feeling a little awkward.

 

“Hey.” He returned a warm smile sincerely. “What’s up?”

 

“Is Kai feeling better?”

 

Shaking his head, he spoke softly, “Not really. But he will be alright.”

 

“Can I see him?” The lady could feel herself blushing at that sentence, she was being self-conscious about their underground relationship.

 

“Of course you can. You’re his best friend too so you must be worried as well.” He stepped aside and let her in, “I will be at Kris’s room.”

 

After Kyungsoo excused himself, Aleyah walked into his room quietly. Among the white bedsheet, laid a man wearing the same outfit she saw him earlier in. His arm was covering his eyes and he was still biting his lower lip. With each approaching step, she could feel her heart ached a little more. She didn’t know that seeing him suffer could be such a torture for her. If possible, she would rather be the one experiencing such pain instead of him; even if it means hundred times worst than this.

 

“Hey.” She sat down at the edge of his bed lightly.

 

Upon hearing her soothing voice, Kai removed his hand from his face and opened his eyes immediately. His worn-out face hooked up a smile instantly when her beautiful face came into his sight.

 

“Heyy.”

 

“Did I wake you?” She asked in her ever so gentle voice.

 

“Nope you didn’t. I can’t sleep anyway.” He replied as he struggled to push himself up to sit.

 

“Kai, please just lie down.”

 

“I’m fine.”

 

“Kai, please.” She begged with a shaky voice.

 

The man slumped back down into the sheets obediently, his stubbornness gave in the moment she plead, “Please don’t cry.” He reached out to cup her face and her cheeks lightly with his thumb.

 

“I won’t.” She braved a smile for him. “Have you applied or ate your medication?”

 

The man shook his head.

 

“Where is it? I will get it for you.” Kai pointed to the dressing table.

 

“If getting relapse means I have you applying medication for me, I don’t mind it happening more often.” He admitted as he looked into the dressing table’s mirror reflection – he saw how she was applying the muscle relaxant cream on his back. Not only did that sight made him happy, her touch was also making him feel all jittery inside.

 

“Stop talking nonsense.” She applied a little more force causing him to wince in pain, “You deserve it.”

 

“I did nothing wrong!”

 

“You avoided me the entire day today.” Aleyah pouted slightly as he pulled down his shirt to cover his back. Although she seemed calm on the outside, her heart was doing cartwheels inside. The sight of his back made her blush and the moment her hands touch his warm back, it was electrifying.

 

“I’m sorry, I just didn’t want you to be worried.” Kai admitted. He knows people tend to be weaker in front of people you love, so he didn’t want to her to witness his frail and helpless state. For her, he wanted to be the strong one to shelter her from every negative force so he couldn’t afford to be weak. He wanted to be a better man for her.

 

“By avoiding me, you are making me even more worried!” She reprimanded. “Do you know how uneasy I was the entire day? I couldn’t concentrate on my work and you saw how I made a mistake in translating Exo’s message to the fans just now.”

 

“Don’t be mad.” Turning around slowly, Kai closed up the distance between them, “I promise I won’t do that again.”

 

“You promise?”

 

“Yes. I promise I will never make you worried about me again okay?” He tugged her hair gently behind her ears, “Are you upset that I didn’t look at you today?”

 

“What? No…? I didn’t say that.” She stammered.

 

“But it sounds like it.”

 

“No it doesn’t.”

 

“Yes it does.”

 

“No it doesn’t.”

 

“You are adorable when you are nervous you know that?” The man chuckled.

 

“Now I know.” She blushed.

 

“You are even more adorable when you blush.” Aleyah could feel herself blushing even more. She was quite sure that her face resembles a tomato by now. Turning away from him, she stood up from his bed as she straightened her skirt. “The only thing I know is that you should rest now.”

 

“Stay with me?” He held her wrist and pulled her down so she landed right into his embrace.

 

His daring move shocked her as she struggled out of his embrace without hurting him,“Kai! Kyungsoo will be back any moment!”

 

Smiling slightly, he tightened his arms around her petite waist. He was once again awed by her ability to read him. As much as he had faked a strong front, she still managed to see through it so easily. Her concern for him made his pain go away, it was even more effective than his pain-killers. He was sure she’s the drug that can cure him from any and every sickness or pain in his life; and he needed her. Snuggling into her neck he whispered into her skin,

 

“I love you Aleyah.”

 

 

 

A big hello to the new subscribers I've gained recently. Thank you for subscribing to this FF of mine!

I've read all of your comments and I see almost everyone ships Aleyah and Sehun. 

P.S: From the bottom of my heart, I ship them as much as I ship Aleyah and Kai. Ironic much but yeah.

Enjoy~