Inciting Seoul

Stranger's Love


 

You know a guy truly loves his girl when he lets her win every argument and fight, be it serious or not. Because he knows her presence in his life is far important than his stupid ego.
 
 
20th August 2020
 
 

A man in a light brown trench coat stepped out of his dark grey Volvo just as a gust of Autumn strong wind blew wistfully at his direction, causing him to squint his eyes in discomfort. Closing his eyes for a short while, he opened it again and focused on balancing the items on his hand – 2 cups of coffee and a small takeaway box. Carefully, he avoided the people on the pavement as he walked briskly towards the familiar wooden doors.

 

Just then, a string of bike bells caused the passer-bys to shun quickly. The cyclist sped round the corner, down the pavement and was going directly towards the man. His eyes widened when the cyclists brushed passed him causing him to lose a footing as gravity dragged him down to his right. He spunned around using his ballet skills he learnt since young and landed gracefully with his two feet. Immediately he checked the half translucent takeaway box, luckily the New York cheesework was still sitting prettily in the middle. “Wow, that was close.”

 

 

*******

 

“I’m sorry, we are closed for today!” The lady shouted without looking up when she heard the bells at the door chimed.

 

“Delivery.” The man saw her how she sprawled on the floor on her fours with a brush in her hand.

 

Aleyah’s head shot up the moment she heard the familiar voice. Her ears were accustomed to his low voice, they could recognize it anytime and almost anywhere. “Oh, Kai.”

 

“Am I in the right store?” The man walked towards the counter as the lady picked herself up from the ground. The sight of him was enough to give her adrenaline rush, what’s more was that he backcombed his hair today. Among so many looks that Kai had ever tried, Aleyah loves it when he backcombed his jet-black hair. To her, he looks exceptionally y like this.

 

“Spring cleaning. Didn’t expect you to drop by today.” Aleyah looked up at him, he just smiled down at her, “I was at the coffeeplace we met the other time. Thought you would like some coffee to go along with your favourite cheesecake. Surprise.”

 

“But I’m far from done.” She shrugged at the mess in front of them. The racks of pails that were supposed to hold the flowers were now strewn in a corner of the store, metal stands were pushed away from their usual spots and puddles of water could be seen everywhere.

 

“You need a break. Go wash your hands, go.” Kai’s voice was affirmative but it was so gentle that it made her smile. Weird as it sounds, she actually likes it when Kai boss her around. It made her feel cared for, and most importantly loved.

 

Kai watched her bit her lips as she headed towards the pantry behind the store, covered by a curtain. Today she wasn’t wearing her usual long skirt, instead she wore a pair of black tights with an oversized long-sleeved tee. It was his first time seeing her dressed like this. Or rather, his first time seeing her wearing such a tight bottom and he can’t help but to gape at her legs. He was a man and it was instinct that his eyes scanned those long and slender legs of hers.

 

“What were you doing at the coffeeplace?” Aleyah walked out of the pantry and was greeted by a nicely unwrapped cheesecake placed on the middle of the table. She gulped at how appetizing the food looks and her stomach growled immediately, filling the silence between them.

 

“Hahah. Looks like I bought the right thing. Even your stomach agrees.” Passing her the fork as she sat down, the man couldn’t help but to . The lady bit her fork in before she reached back to tie her slightly wavy hair into a side ponytail. Throughout the entire time, Kai just watched her intently. Never did he realize that someone could be so attractive by doing such a simple action. And never did he ever find someone so beautiful without any makeup on their bare face. He could smell her fragrance from where he was and it was making him a little light headed.

 

“Do you want some?” Aleyah asked Kai after eating a few spoonful of it herself. She was too busy indulging in her delicious cheesecake to realize the man’s gaze. He nodded, his eyes were still fixed on her face, clearly mesmerized. She put out her fork and he reached in, his mouth wrapped around the fork.

 

“It’s delicious right!” The lady exclaimed excitedly. The man saw how her eyes twinkled at him, seeking for confirmation. “Yupp, it is.” He supported her. How could he not say yes?

 

“Tell me, who can say no to cheesecake?” She beamed at the man as she sent another spoon of cheesecake into . Just as the fork left her lips, it hit her that Kai ate from this exact same spoon earlier. They just had an indirect kiss. Unknowingly, she held onto her breadth as heat enveloped her.

 

Kai didn’t realize her flushed face, instead, his attention was caught by the small stain by her lips. The crumps of the cheesecake were stuck near to her faint pink lips. To him, it was an invitation. It was as though the cheesecake were screaming at him to it.

 

“Sigh, how old are you already?” Aleyah looked at the man with a puzzled face, clearly didn’t understand his question. “Don’t even know how to eat properly uh?” Kai reached in till their face was only a few inches away from another before wiping off the stain with his thumb.

 

“You eat like a baby.” That was the last thing the lady heard before she excused herself and hid in the pantry. Leaning against the cabinet, she placed her hand over her left chest. Her heart.. her heart was beating insanely fast that she felt as though she will collapse any moment.

 

******

 

“No! Put that down.” Aleyah’s hands were on her hips as she looked at the 26- year old man before her, he was holding a water hose in his hand pointing towards her. His other hand was loosening the tap, allowing water to flow out from it bit by bit.

 

“C’mon. You just need to rank us and you can avoid getting wet.” Kai playfully threatened her by waving the water hose, causing water to sprinkle out. They had been cleaning for the past few hours but the supposedly tough and dreadful job became pleasant and fun. The conversation they had went on for as long as they cleaned, the topic they shared went from her childhood to his innermost fears then to current affairs and now the ball was thrown back at her. She needed to rank the EXO members according to her preference.

 

Aleyah didn’t know how to answer his question. Needless to say, she already knew who secured the first place. But she can’t possibly tell him that right? It would seem as though she has a crush on him and that was the last thing she wanted. She would never risk her friendship with Kai in hope for a relationship.

 

“What’s so difficult? Unless…. I’m the first? Hahahah.” Kai laughed out loud as though he was really confident however it was the exactly opposite inside him. Those dark eyes of his wavered but his face remained straight, showing no sign of his feelings. He was scared that it would be someone else she would rank first, as much as he wanted to know whom it was. Actually, he was just afraid to hear Sehun’s name.

 

“So smart. You are the first.” Kai froze instinctively. Adrenaline rushed through him and it brought his lips upwards after he registered her words. “You are my best friend. It doesn’t make sense if my best friend doesn’t secure the first spot right?” Although the man wasn’t exactly happy to hear to words best friend but he was too preoccupied gloating over the fact that he won the first place in her heart to bother about his negative thoughts. He won Sehun.

 

After being crowned the champion, Kai wasn’t interested to know where the others rank anymore. He hid his triumph smile behind his smug face, totally forgetting that his hand was still on the tap. “Wise choice you’ve made. Or else you will be really wet.”

 

“Kai!” Aleyah’s scream echoed in the shop as water spurt right at her, causing her to be wet from top to toe instantly. “Kim JongIn!”

 

“Oh my god! I’m so sorry!” Kai hurriedly switched off the tap and he saw how wet she was. The lady was dripping water from top to toe. It turns out that he had forgotten which direction to switch off the tap and he turned it the opposite direction instead.

 

“You are so dead.” The lady warned playfully before charging towards him. She grabbed the hose from the man and the tap. “It’s revenge time!”

 

“Wha….t!” Before the man could finish his sentence, he was greeted by a powerful force hitting his face. “Y..yah! I didn’t do it on purpose. S… stop!!” He tried to hide himself by moving away but Aleyah had her eyes locked on him. The hose in her hand was aiming directly at him.

 

“You!” Kai went up to her and snatched the hose from her hand. He turned it towards her and grabbed the lady by her waist, locking her in his embrace. “Ahhhh!” She struggled to get out but his force was clearly much stronger than hers. Pulling her closer to him, he let the water run down her back as she cringed at the sudden coldness. Even though he was also wet from the water fight, it didn’t bother him a single bit. He could only see how the lady attempted to fight back and turn the hose towards him but got wet on the face instead.

 

The man and the lady had their first water fight in the store. None of them paid attention to anything else, the only thing they cared about was to get hold of the hose so they could get each other wet. Laughters and screams echoed throughout the entire store that entire afternoon. Both of them basked in the fun they shared, smiling and laughing as they chased one another like children playing in the playground.  

 

“Hahahah. Stop it!” The lady laughed as she hid her face away from the ice-cold water, little did she realize she was snuggling into his broad chest. The man chuckled at her child like actions, he saw how close they were and it warmed him. He like how close they were right now, their bodies touching one another. The warm feeling was spreading through him once again as he raised his hand to pat her head gently.

 

“Alright alright. You win okay?”

 

 

 

Have you all watched the new growl MV?

Gosh, Kai is driving me nuts with his ual expressions and moves!

Damn that hot boy. Gahhhh.