Predestined Seoul

Stranger's Love

 

23rd December 2019.

 

"Hi, a cup of latte please." A man in shades and black cap told the barista in front of him. He instinctively pulled his cap lower after making his order. "Coming right up."

 

Kai took in a deep breathe in and let it out slowly. Exo's concert was in 4 hours and the lead dancer was currently in a vintage cafe a few roads down the concert hall. He scanned the crowd nervously, afraid that he will be recognised. However, the cafe he was in was almost empty and the people in there were too engrossed in their own things to notice the superstar at the counter.

 

After collecting his latte, Kai walked towards the sitting area. He wanted to enjoy some peace and quiet by himself before the concert so having fans to bug him was totally not ideal. Although it wasn't Exo's first concert, he still felt nervous like it was his first.

 

Kai loves the feeling when he's on stage. When the spotlight focus on him and the music starts to play, his body would be filled with energy instantly. His dance moves and the constant rhythm from the music becomes one. That moment, he is invisible. He could see nothing. All he could hear was fans chanting his name that gives him adrenaline rush even after so many years of performing on stage. They were his motivation, his achievement. He knows that this would be the reason he will keep dancing, keep singing, keep performing.

 

Just as he was about to take a seat at the most corner of the cafe, someone sitting by the window side attracted his attention.

 

Against the setting rays of the sun, those slender fingers pick up the cup handle as her glossy lips pressed against the cup brim, taking a sip of drink with class. The olive green long skirt covered her legs showing off the pair of brown boot she was wearing. Her khaki-coloured turtleneck sweater sticked on her body, following her bodyline.

 

The lady focused on her book intensely, fluttering her eyelashes at them. Her eyes never once left the book when she flipped the pages, that's what the man realised. Charismatic was the only word Kai could come up with to describe her at that moment.

 

"Excuse me miss, may I take a seat here?" The lady looked up with her hazel nut eyes to be greeted by a six foot tall man. She looked at the man for a few seconds trying to figure out who he was, for he looked somewhat familiar.

 

"Don't remember who I am?" The man gave the lady his signature smirk.

 

That smirk. The lady thought. She recognised that smirk probably even in her dreams. "What brings you here sir?" Aleyah closed her book and signaled him to sit in the seat opposite her.

 

The man smiled and raised his latte, explaining the reason to his presence here. With her, he doesn’t feel like he was Exo’s Kai. He was someone else. Kim JongIn maybe? That was probably why the man didn’t feel the need to mention about Exo in front of her. She smiled and nodded back as response. Then the conversation ended, silence took over. It wasn't awkward when those 2 are not talking, the growing silence was somewhat comfortable.

 

Stirring the tea in front of her, she looked out of the window to stare at the last minute Christmas shopping crowd. On the other hand, the man was staring at her behind those black sunglasses. "Your off day today?"

 

The lady's attention was pulled back to the man once again. "Yeah. One of the rare off days I get in a year." It was her off day because it was Exo’s concert today but the man doesn’t know the reason to it.

 

"Poor you." The man poked at her misery further. "Not any better for you." She spiked back, causing Kai to laugh out loud.

 

"How I wish I can be like you, sit here and watch the world go by.." Kai confessed as he played with his latte in his hand.

 

"You know you can always come back here when you want to take a respite from the world." A simple sentence, yet through the sparkle in her clear hazel eyes, Kai found himself so drawn into it. He never felt someone so mysterious yet genuine at the same time.

 

"Or you can come to Pollen anytime.”

 

 

Yay! There was an increase in subscribers this time! 

I was so happy. Teehee! Thanks for subscribing!

Wrote this chapter when i was in Tioman, only managed to edit it today.

Hope you guys enjoy it. Please do leave a comment below! Pleaseeee!

P.S: Another character is coming out next chapter. Make a guess who will it be!