Covetous Seoul

Stranger's Love

7th August 2020

(Part III)

 

“Minhyung, pass the ball to Junwon! Quick!”

 

Aleyah looked up from her book to the voice of the owner. He was directing the older kids from his team to score a goal with his hands waving frantically in the air. The man’s forehead was glittering with sweat but an innocent smile was plastered on his face. Kai was clearly enjoying himself here, a place away from the bustling city and with almost no fans disturbing them.

 

Her attention was fully captured by the man’s expression. Throughout the soccer match, the lady notice how his expressions changed - how he would smirk when he’s juggling the ball between his legs, how his eyebrow would furrow when Luhan or Chanyeol snatched the ball from him and how he would pump his fist in the air when his team scored a goal. These actions were common for anyone who plays soccer but to the lady, these expressions of his were all unique and enjoyable to watch. He resembles a little boy who was contented just by playing soccer in this open field. He wasn’t the staged Kai that was bursting with aura, he was the boy next door, plain yet appealing.

 

Even though the man was neither as tall as Chanyeol nor as good looking as Luhan, he still stood out among the crowd. Throughout the match, Aleyah had her eyes set on Kai. They seemed to be able to spot him wherever he was, even if she was to break away for a couple of minutes to read her book. Whenever she looked up, the first person she sees is him.

 

Many times the two would share eye contact. They will look at one another before flashing a small smile, or sometimes a nod. A few times, Aleyah would even put her thumbs up when he turned to look at her after he scored a goal. These little actions between them were sufficient to melt the lady’s heart. That moment when they smile at each other, she knows that all he sees is her and vice versa. For she was someone who’s easily contented, she knew that it would be greedy of her if she hopes for anything more than what they shared right now. And it was not right to wish for anything more.

 

Sehun’s eyes were fixed on the lady sitting on the stone bench. He saw how her smile turned into frown and back to a smile again as she watched the soccer match intensely. Little did he know that her expression was in-tuned with Kai’s. There was nothing Sehun wouldn’t do just to keep that smile on her face, it was his favourite part of her. The fun time they shared today made him really carefree but it wasn’t enough, he wanted more. “Junho, shall we get that noona to play with us?” He asked the little boy sitting on his lap. Junho nodded his head before running to the lady and tugged her arm.

 

“Noona noona! Play with Sehun hyung and me!”

 

“Noona!”

 

“Alright, noona will play with you. What does Junho want to play?” The lady scooped the little boy up and walked towards Sehun. He got up from the grass patch and headed towards them.

 

“Hyung~ what should we play?” The little one asked the older.

 

“Shall we play blind mice?” Sehun suggested as he carried Junho from Aleyah, worried that she would be tired from carrying him.

 

“Blind mice! Yay!! Noona shall be the blind mice!” The little boy struggled out of Sehun’s arms and ran towards his friends to tell them the new game.

 

“Are you ready?” The guy asked softly behind her ears as he tied his handkerchief onto the lady’s eyes. His hot breadth on her ears made the lady blushed a little before she nodded her head. Then Sehun slowly led her away from the little ones with his arms on her waist.

 

The children screamed in excitement when the game started. All of them were afraid to be caught by the blind mice. They ran around her as she bent down and tried to catch them. However she’s always a step slower than them. The daring ones went near her and tapped her before running away cheekily. Laughters filled the evening sky.

 

“Noona noona! I’m over here!” All of them were chanting as they dodged skillfully from her.

 

“I’m over here.” Aleyah’s ears pricked when she heard Sehun’s voice. “Oh Sehun, if you dare, stay where you are.”

 

She walked towards the direction his voice and she could feel heat radiating from her right as she went nearer. Sehun was nearby. Just as she brushed her arms against his and she reached out immediately to catch him, she stumbled a few steps forward because the guy had already dodged away.

 

“Hahahahaha.”

 

“Don’t laugh! I’m coming!” The lady raised her voice in excitement as she approached Sehun again. This time determined to catch him. “You can’t catch me blind mice.”

 

“I’m sure I can!” She chased after him as he ran away slowly.

 

“Noona! Hyung is on your right!”

 

“Noona run!”

 

The little children watched the two adults play and some of them started to help Aleyah to find Sehun

 

 

******

 

“Kai hyung! The ball!” Kai’s attention was pulled back to the game. He saw the ball landed at his feet. Before he could dribble them towards the goal, Luhan beat him to it. He skillfully stole the ball and striked a beautiful goal causing his team to cheer. The man couldn’t be bothered and turned his head back to where he was looking earlier. Aleyah was trying to catch Sehun with her eyes blindfolded.

 

 Many times, he saw how she nearly trip and fall. He saw how Aleyah attempted to pounce on Sehun to catch him but failed. Just then, she leaped forward and lost her balance. Kai instinctively reacted to her fall but someone snatched him to it. Sehun. He had his arms s around her waist as he slipped himself underneath her, acting as a mattress when both of them landed on the grasspatch. “I caught him!” The lady held on to Sehun’s waist and she was now sitting on his lap, announcing happily.

 

“Yay!” The kids cheered as the adults laughed at each other’s silliness.

 

“They look good together don’t they?” Suho came out of nowhere and stood beside Kai. “Hopefully something will work out. It’s about time Sehun finds his other half.”

 

Kai rolled his eyes upon hearing what Suho said. He can’t bring himself to answer him. Other half? Aleyah to be Sehun’s other half? This must be a joke. And Aleyah doesn’t look good with Sehun at all. Not at all.

 

The man didn’t realize how childish his thinking was, he only knew that whatever Suho said made his blood boiled. Then it suddenly hit him that he was just being jealous. Yes, he’s been jealous of Sehun since morning. That was the reason to his sullen mood all day! From the moment Aleyah and him took selcas till how his arms are wrapped around her waist now, he had been looking at them green-eyed. He was sure that he’s jealous over Sehun occupying all of his best friend’s attention when Aleyah should only belong to him. He was the one who befriended her first. And both of them are best friends when the rest, including Sehun, are just normal friends with her.  

 

There were so many things that Kai wanted to tell her since just now. He wanted her to know how he taught this little girl with two left feet to dance ballet, how he always come here to play with these lovely kids and how contented he would be at the end of the day. He knew that she would be delighted to hear these stories but he couldn’t do any of those because Sehun had been occupying her. Kai really didn’t like the idea of sharing his best friend with him. Now he regret introducing Aleyah to the members, or rather, to Sehun.

 

“Water?” Kai snapped out of his thoughts once again as he blinked at the lady before him. Since when did Aleyah stand before him and since when did he break away from the game and sat on the stone bench she sat earlier?

 

“Thanks.” The man took the bottle of water from her but he didn’t open to drink, he held it in his hand as he looked down. “What do you always do when you come here?”

 

“I’m guessing you taught them how to dance.”

 

Kai looked up instantly. His eyes rounded with surprise with his heartbeat thumping harder than usual. After being grumpy for the entire day over how Sehun snatched his best friend away from him, Aleyah managed to prove herself that she did not forget him. She was still his soulmate, the one and only who’s able to guess his thoughts. Like now. The jealousy and grumpiness earlier vanished immediately as the corner of his lips hooked upwards, showing the most genuine smile ever.

 

Beneath the setting sun, the man and the lady smiled at one another, none of them willing to be the first to break the gaze. Their smiles were their silent secret language that shared trust and emotion. “Let’s go. I will show you where my dance classes are held.”

 

 

 

 

Sorry that I have to drag this RCY topic across 3 chapters. 

I didn't want to rush this story so I apologise if it's getting boring for you guys.

Upcoming chapters would be getting on track. So please stay tune!

Enjoy, comment and subscribe~