Leading Seoul

Stranger's Love

 

3rd August 2020

 

“How did you meet your girlfriend?” Aleyah asked the teenage boy in front him. He smiled shyly before replying, “I… I first saw her when she was performing on stage in a school event and I was attracted to her immediately.”

 

“We became classmates the next semester and also project mates. Slowly we became closer and.. it turns out that she likes me too.” The boy’s face was flushed red now. “I asked her to be my girlfriend this time last year, and she said yes.”

 

The lady smiled and nodded understandingly. Love at first sight. How can she not understand the magic behind it. For she was also one of those whom cupid casted a spell on when she saw that boy on the screen many years ago. That instant was magical but she knows that their ending will never be like the teenage boy standing before her, a happily ever after.

 

As much as Kai and her are close friends now, she couldn’t deny her own feelings that are so prevalent. Those feelings for him were like part of her, for 6 years it has always been there and it never faded. Instead, it was stronger as the days go by. Even now whenever he walks through those doors, she could still hear her irregular heartbeat thumping loudly like the first time when he came sweeping through. When his fingers touched her hands unintentionally it still sends adrenaline spreading through her body like wildfire and he was still capable of making her tongue-tied. Because he’s Kai, the one and only man on this earth that was capable of making her swoon like this. Swoon like an idiot.

 

“Don’t worry I will help you make a bouquet of flowers that sympbolises your love for her.” She assured the blushing teenage boy before turning around to the flower racks. Just as her fingers were about to play the piano in the air, her phone in her apron pocket beeped.

 

Hydrangea represents his perseverance for the girl for she seems like someone whom he spent much effort on. Silver Brunia would be for the boy who’s likely to be chivalrous. To show that the girl’s elegance, use Dahlias. Lastly, thistles, symbol of love for they will definitely live happy ever after. He loves her, I can see it from his eyes.

 

It was from Kai, the man who was sitting at the garden table at the furthest corner in the shop. Aleyah smiled at his text message before typing a reply quickly.

 

I think if you were to open a flower shop across the road now, I will be doomed. So please don’t? I will make you Pollen’s shareholder. Deal?

 

She heard the man’s chuckle before her slender fingers alternate in the air, as if she was playing a floating piano. The man sitting at the far corner was sure that the song would probably be a masterpiece if those delicate fingers of hers ever touch the piano keys. He could picture her sitting in front of the grand piano, her fingers running down the black and white keys as her hair black hair cascaded down her back. One thing the man doesn’t know was that watching her pick out flowers was one of his favourite things to do other than dancing because he cannot see the smile he was wearing and how soft his gaze was at that moment.

 

 

********

 

 

The clock striked half past 9 when Solbi heard the door to the empty house she was in unlocked. The figure she was dying to see the entire day was standing at the doorway, taking off his shoes. She stood up from the dining table and ran towards him immediately.

 

“I miss you.” It was an understatement because these words were not sufficient to describe how much the woman missed the man in front of her. Kai smiled and pulled her into a tight embrace in return. Although they just saw each other in morning before he left for recording, the woman can’t help but to miss him. Recently she feels as though she can never get enough of him, if possible she wanted to be with him 24/7, even if it was to watch him work.

 

“Where were you? I was waiting for you to have dinner.” She pouted. “I called you but your phone was off.”

 

“I’m sorry, I forgot to switch on my phone after the recording. I was with Kyungsoo hyung.” The man scratched his head as he told half a lie. The front part was definitely the truth but he didn’t know why or how did the last few words left his lips. He was lying to Solbi, for the first time in 9 years. Guilt pricked him as his hands around her waist tightened. He didn’t mean to lie to her, he really don’t know how did that happen too because it happened instinctively. But there was no going back now, you can never take back the words you’ve said.

 

 

*******

 

Aleyah pulled her bag to the front and dropped the key in a small little pouch before pulling the door handle to check if her little wonderland was securely locked. The last thing she ever wanted was intruders in her beloved property destroying her everything.

 

“Don’t move. Scream and I will not hesitate to kill you.” A low, deep voice whispered into her ears as she was pressed against the doors, a sharp object poking her waist.

 

 

Hello guys!

Thank you for your subscription and comments!

I'm working hard over the next few chapters! 

Hope to hear from more of you. (: