oo46

Lost In Paris

 

Chanyeol fidgeted in his seat. Hye Joo had to leave for a bit before coming back to attend dinner with him. And he was honestly freaking out. He had pleaded and said she could shower in his bathroom but the girl refused, saying something along the lines of, "What the hell Chanyeol" 
 
He had left his apartment to run home for dinner and was currently sitting in the living room. He fidgeted with his sleeves and tapped his foot repeatedly. 
 
"Are you just going to sit there or are you going to help Park Chanyeol." His mother scolded. 
 
"Sorry Eomma." He murmered before getting out of his seat to go into the kitchen and helping his mom bring out food. 
 
He would've burned himself on the hot pots if his mother didnt scold him and tell him to get his head out of the clouds. He was honestly thinking of all the possible scenerios that would go on when Miyun finally came.
 
His heart was racing and he had spent all afternoon practicing what he was going to say to Miyun. It was even worse when he heard Luhan was coming to dinner as well. He completely changed his planned dialogue that he knew was going to be no use. He had no idea why he was rehearsing what he was going to say like a play. 
 
If it wasnt enough to have Miyun come, it was another to have Luhan attend with her.
 
He nearly dropped the pot of soup when the door bell rang. He immediately put down the food and headed towards the stairs. He couldn't see her just yet, not just yet. He wasnt ready, mentally and physically. He could do so much more with his hair and maybe calm down his nerves a bit. "UHH, EOMMA, SOMEONE GET THE DOOR I NEED TO GO DO SOMETHING!" He shouted before racing up. 
 
Miyun stood outside of Chanyeol's door as memories flooded back. 
 
The memories of them two sitting on his porch during the summer eating Popsicles or racing to his front door to see who was faster. She smiled to herself as she remembered all their childhood memories.
 
Chanyeol's mom opened the door and she immediately let go of Luhan's hand and engulfed her Aunty in a hug. 
 
"Miyun, how are you honey?" Chanyeol's mom squealed. Miyun hugged his mother tightly, missing the woman who treated her as her own child all her life.
 
"I'm great Aunty." She said pulling away. 
 
"Why doesn't everyone come in, come on." Mrs.Park said opening the door wider. 
 
Chanyeol's mom lead everyone inside towards the dining room. Memories began to fill again as she remembered her and Chanyeol making forts in his living room or hiding under the table when they accidently broke his mom's vase by playing soccer in the house. 
 
On the car ride there, she had told Luhan all about how she used to play at Chanyeol's almost everyday and how it was really fun. The male seemed supportive and listened to her as she spoke of her childhood. 
 
She relinked her hands with Luhan as everyone filed into the dining room. Everyone greeted her and introduced themselves to Luhan as they sat down for dinner. 
 
"This seems nice." Luhan whispered into her ear as they sat down. Miyun hummed and nodded looking around, noticing an empty seat across from her. 
 
"Now where is Chanyeol?" His mother huffed. "CHANYEOL!" She shouted. 
 
Miyun's heart began to race as Chanyeol slowly made his way into the dining room. He avoided her eyes as he bowed before taking a place across from her. 
 
Luhan waved and smiled at him, getting one in return from the male. 
 
Miyun tried to smile and wave at Chanyeol but he turned away to grab food. It had been so long since she had seen him but nonetheless he had changed a lot too. 
 
Chanyeol's wavy orange hair was now a dark black color that was shorter and styled upwards which made his face structure stand out as well as his cute ears but he was basically still the same Chanyeol she remembered.
 
"Why aren't you two talking? This dinner is for you two to catch up." Chanyeol's mom said. 
 
Before Miyun could say anything, she heard the door open and in a few moments, a girl she had never seen before appeared before them all. 
 
She was in a simple outfit of jeans and a nice blouse. She blew her messy bangs out of her face and flashed a smile to everyone. She bowed and Miyun watched as Chanyeol went up to her and grabbed her wrist. 
 
"Sorry Aunty and Uncle. I got caught in traffic." She said taking a seat next to Chanyeol just across from Luhan. 
 
"No problem dear." Mrs.Park chirped. "Why don't you introduce yourself?" 
 
She smiled and nodded. "Hi, my name is Kim Hye Joo, I'm so sorry for barging in so suddenly." She said.
 
Miyun eyed the girl a bit as Chanyeol leaned in and whispered into her ear. 
 
Hye Joo felt Chanyeol lean in into her ear. "Do you realize how agonizing it was without you?" He hissed. Hye Joo raised her brow and turned to Chanyeol who was pouting. 
 
"Stop being a baby." Hye Joo hissed. Chanyeol hit her thigh under the table in response to her insulting him. She frowned and hit him back and it wasnt long before she ended up excusing them and dragging him into the kitchen. 
 
Miyun looked up from her food and watched as Hye Joo and Chanyeol went into the kitchen. 
 
She noticed they seemed close and she knew it was a completely new person because she was sure if she remembered a childhood friend. 
 
Few minutes later, Chanyeol came out and for the first time the whole night, smiled at her directly. She smiled back and finished eating. She was a bit afraid that Chanyeol hated her but when he smiled at her, her worries were relieved. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"We'll be heading out to the bar, why don't you kids catch up?" Chanyeol's father said as the parents got ready to leave. 
 
Everyone waved as the parents left and it was almost a signal for the awkwardness to appear. 
 
"Uh, hey Chanyeol, why don't you set up a movie in the living room with Miyun and Luhan and I go get some desserts from the fridge?" Hye Joo suggested pushing Chanyeol who was secretly stabbing her in his mind. She wanted for Miyun and Chanyeol to get aquainted again.
 
She wanted to face palm herself a hundred times every time Chanyeol choked on his food or stabbed his hand with his fork by accident when he tried to talk to her. 
 
You would think friends with that history would be less awkward. Miyun seemed fine but Chanyeol was a bumbling mess. 
 
Miyun felt Luhan squeeze her hand a bit before letting go. "Hye Joo's got a point." He said taking a hint to Hye Joo's intentions. "I'll be right back." 
 
He let go and smiled at Hye Joo and the two left into the kitchen, leaving the awkward duo behind. 
 
"So what do you want to watch?" Miyun asked walking to where Chanyeol kept the movies. She remembered every detail of his house and began flipping through the pile of disks. 
 
"Uh— whatever you want." Chanyeol said. His heart was racing as he stared at the back of her head. 
 
Miyun picked up her favorite movie. "Anger Management?" She said holding up the disk. It was a movie she and Chanyeol had watched since they were young. He nodded and she popped it into the DVD player. 
 
Soon Hye Joo and Luhan came out with cookies and some drinks before taking their places on the couches. 
 
Miyun leaned her head against Luhan's chest as she watched the movie. 
 
On the other side of the room, Hye Joo curled up, hugging her knees as the movie started. From the corner of her eye, she could see Chanyeol biting his lip nervously as he stared at Luhan and Miyun. 
 
Was there more to their friendship? All she knew of Miyun was that she was his child hood best friend and that they were going on a trip together until a few complications that she had to leave. 
 
All night, she would see Chanyeol occasionally glancing at Luhan with a sort of dislike at times. Luhan was a sweet guy, definitely kind and a great match for Miyun, the only reason Chanyeol could possibly not like Luhan would be out of jealousy.
 
Was he jealous? And why would he be? 
 
Half way through the movie, everyone ended up just talking. Specifically Hye Joo, Luhan and Miyun minus Chanyeol who only listened attentively. 
 
"That sounds amazing Miyun." Hye Joo said after asking about Miyun's travels since Chanyeol obviously was too nervous to do but nonethless, Miyun could see he wanted to know too. 
 
"So what do you do for a living?" Hye Joo asked. 
 
Miyun blushed and didn't really know how to tell people about her job in a subtle, non bragging sort of way but Hye Joo seemed accepting and no judgemental. "I model in Luhan's dad's company." 
 
Hye Joo's eyes grew wide when she realized something. "That's amazing, you're really pretty." She complimented. Miyun said thank you in response and Hye Joo could see how nice the girl really was. 
 
"So how did you and Chanyeol meet?" Luhan asked. 
 
"Ah, I met Yeol in America. Funny story, I met him technically when I saved his from embarrassment after he got drunk." Hye Joo snickered as Luhan laughed along. 
 
Miyun was honestly concerned since Chanyeol didn't usually drink but it looked like he was in good hands with Hye Joo. 
 
"Yah! I thought we weren't going to talk about that anymore." Chanyeol pouted. Hye Joo laughed and pinched his cheeks playfully. "Oh? Manly Chanyeol's pride being hurt?" 
 
Everyone bursted into laughter as Chanyeol blushed from embarrassment. 
 
Chanyeol eyed Luhan and Miyun the whole night, almost seeing every secret kiss Luhan showered her with or holding hands under the table or him whispering her things that made her blush. Honestly it all still made him very jealous. 
 
"So are you two together?" Miyun asked seeing how close Hye Joo was with Chanyeol and how there was no way they couldn't be together. The way they smiled at each other, the way they teased each other playfully, how could they not be a couple? 
 
Before Hye Joo could respond, Chanyeol s an arm around her was it and nodded. Hye Joo froze as Miyun and Luhan smiled. 
 
"I expected, you guys look really cute." Miyun said. She was glad that Chanyeol had moved on and found a nice girl for himself. To be honest, she knew how Chanyeol was and how he tended to hold onto things but she was glad he moved on from her because all she wanted for him was to be happy.
 
"Aha, yeah." Chanyeol said gripping Hye Joo's waist tightly. "She's something." 
 
"Chanyeol what are you—" Before she could say anything, Chanyeol excused themselves to get more drinks. 
 
In the kitchen, Hye Joo glared at Chanyeol. "So how did I suddenly become your girlfriend?" 
 
Chanyeol watched as she waited for an answer. 
 
"Joo Joo, please help me. I'll explain later." He pleaded. He needed to show Miyun that he wasnt pathetic. He needed to show her he was strong and that he wasnt still dwelling in the past even though he technically was. "Joo, please..." He whimpered. 
 
Hye Joo sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose. "Fine, but you owe me an explaination Yeol." 
 
"Thank you Joo. I promise, tonight after they leave I'll tell you." Chanyeol said. Hye Joo frowned but nonetheless she was a little curious to see where Chanyeol was going to take this and she'd never let him down. 
 
Chanyeol smiled and grabbed her hand before grabbing extra drinks and going back outside. 
 
The rest of the night, it became a game of pretend as Chanyeol and Hye Joo put up an act for Miyun and Luhan as a couple.
 
 
 
 
 
"Bye Aunty, Bye Uncle!" Miyun said as she left out the door heading to Luhan's car. "Bye Channie, it's great seeing you again. Let's hang out soon okay?" She chirped. 
 
"It was great seeing you too Yunnie." He teased opening his arms for a hug. He wrapped his arms around her, hugging her tight and trying to ignore the pounding his heart was doing when he finally had her in his arms again. How he missed this so much. 
 
"I'll see you later okay?" Miyun said pulling away and facing Hye Joo. "It was great meeting you Hye Joo. Let's double date sometime hmm?" She teased as Hye Joo and Chanyeol both blushed. 
 
"Bye Miyun, it was great meeting you too." Hye Joo said as she felt Chanyeol's fingers curl around hers. 
 
They both waved to Luhan and Miyun as they left into Luhan's car to head home. 
 
When their car disappeared, Hye Joo pulled her hand away, wiping it on her jeans. "Okay boyfriend explain." She said getting into Chanyeol's car so he could take her home. 
 
"Okay, so I may have left out a few things when I was telling you about Miyun." He murmered. 
 
"Obviously which is why you suddenly made your girlfriend." Hye Joo huffed. 
 
Chanyeol looked over and saw her pouting and poked her cheek playfully. "Joo please don't be mad. It's just back then during our trip, I actually started to like her but she ended up falling for Luhan." 
 
Hye Joo's expression softened as she continued to listen to Chanyeol. 
 
"And that's why she left. She went off with Luhan instead but I don't blame her, I let her go thinking I would get over it but Joo—" 
 
"But you still like her. Alot." Hye Joo said. "Which is why when she asked you if we were together, you said yes to make it seem like you werent still in love with her." 
 
Chanyeol smiled softly and nodded. "You got it. Look Joo, I'm really sorry but can you just keep this act up? I don't know where it'll head but I don't want to look pathetic to her. Not when she just came back." 
 
Hye Joo nodded. "It's fine Yeol. Thank you for telling me the truth. I'll help you but one question." 
 
Chanyeol nodded. 
 
"Is she that model from all those magazines you used to buy?" Hye Joo asked remembering how every time they walked into a convinient store, Chanyeol would almost always come back with a new magazine and just staring at the one specific model she saw every time. 
 
Chanyeol blushed and opened his mouth but only came out a soft squeak. "Maybe?" 
 
"Good god Yeol, I would've thought you were gay if you didnt tell me you still loved her. Seriously, no man buys that many fashion magazines." She chuckled, lightening the mood.
 
Chanyeol's jaw drop as she continued to giggle. "Hey! I'm not gay." He huffed. 
 
"Obviously not since you made me your damn girlfriend." She laughed. "No flowers? No cute confession? C'mon Chanyeol. Really?" She pretended to be mad. 
 
Chanyeol laughed along and pulled over to the side where her apartment was. "Sorry should i do a cheesy love confession right now?" 
 
Hye Joo rolled her eyes and smirked. "Goodnight Chanyeol." 
 
"What no goodnight kiss?" He said raising his brows in a teasing manner. 
 
"Don't push it Yeol." Hye Joo said closing the door. 
 
Chanyeol smiled and watched as she stepped into her building. Before he left, he leaned back. Now all he had to do was convince Miyun he wasn't a pathetic loser who was still living the past. He would continue with the whole game of charades until he got over Miyun. Once the feelings go away, he has nothing to be insecure about.