oo28

Lost In Paris

"Okay guys! Saddle up and let's head on our way!" The tour guide cheered as she sat from the top of her chestnut horse.

Miyun grabbed the reins of her white horse and tried to climb on but her feet kept slipping in the saddle. She landed onto the ground again and pouted. "Damn being short!" She mumbled. She got up and dusted off her pants when she suddenly felt herself being lifted onto the horse.

She blinked and looked down to see Chanyeol fixing her reins and petting her horse affectionately. "Ch-Chanyeol..." She mumbled.

He never turned to look at her. Instead, he whispered something to the horse and kissed its nose before making his way to his black horse. She watched as he climbed on and fixed his position.

"Let's go guys!" The tour guide interrupted her thoughts. Miyun nudged her horse and it began to trot down the dirt trail next to Chanyeol's black horse. She tried to move her horse away but the animal refused and chose to stay near its friend.

The ride was silent except for small talks and the sound of the hooves clattering on the ground. Miyun wrapped the reins in her hand tightly as she scanned the scenery.

The tour today was of France's country side. They were going to ride horses to a big lake and relax. A day away from the busy city of Paris was what every one seemed to need.

Miyun had already texted Luhan that she'd be out in the country. Later she would meet him at the ranch and they'd leave for their date. 

Everyone's horses stopped so Miyun signaled for hers to stop as well. She watched as the tour guide hopped off her horse and pulled out a bandana and tying it onto a branch. "This is so we know our way back. Just keep your eyes out for a yellow bandana if anyone needs to go back to the ranch for anything!" 

They continued their ride up to the lake. Miyun found herself feeling a little more relaxed by the calm scenery. It was quiet but a comfortable one. The sound of bird's chirping and wind rustling the leaves was very soothing especially for her state of mind.

They eventually reached the lake but not without stops to mark their path. 

Everyone tied up their horses and provided them water and an apple. 

Miyun patted her horse's mane as she fed it an apple. She ran her fingers through its long white hair. "You're so pretty, or should I say handsome. I'm not really sure."

"She's a she." The tour guide said walking next to Miyun. Miyun made an O shape with before nodding.

"She's one of the few that has a mate here." The tour guide continued. Miyun watched as the tour guide pointed to Chanyeol's black horse. "Right there. That's her mate. It's cute really." 

Miyun nodded remembering how her horse refused to stay away from Chanyeol's despite her signals to move away. 

She finished feeding her horse and patted it's nose before giving her a light kiss. 

Miyun began to walk around the lake, examining the scene. The lake was large and crystal blue. The sun made the tops of the water sparkle and the green trees around them contrasted nicely. It seemed almost like paradise. 

She sat down onto the sand near the edge of the lake and found herself a stick to entertain herself. She drew patterns in the sand. She drew herself as a stick figure of course, followed by Luhan and Chanyeol. It almost seemed like there wasn't enough room to fit them all three especially with the surrounding plants and rocks. 

She frowned when she had to squish Chanyeol into the picture. Instead of drawing Chanyeol as a tiny figure, she just erased the whole thing not bothering to try again. There wasn't enough room with another person.

 

 

After eating lunch, Miyun decided it would be nice for a nap before heading back to the ranch in two hours. 

She sighed in relief. An hour before I have to go.

She settled down near a tree and rested her back onto the smooth bark. She adjusted herself and set her phone to an hour so she'd wake up on time. 


Earlier in the day

Chanyeol picked up Miyun and placed her on her horse after hearing her cursing her own height. He couldn't help but laugh quietly to himself. 

He fixed her reins without another word and when she called his name, he took every bit of restraint he had to not answer her and seem desperate. 

He walked over the horse and patted it's soft face. "You make sure Miyun has a safe ride okay? Don't go too fast, she'll get scared or knowing her, she'll fall off. Promise me you'll stay near me? Be a good girl so she doesn't get hurt and enjoys her ride."

He kissed the horse's nose affectionately, knowing that it probably had no idea what he was saying. He turned away and walked back to his own stallion, a black horse with a long smooth mane. He swung his legs over and set himself onto the saddle before starting off on the trail.

He could see out of the corner of his eyes, Miyun's white horse slowly trotting near his. He smiled secretly and kept his eyes ahead. He laughed silently as he saw Miyun trying to pull away but it refused. Stubborn yet obedient. Just like you Miyun...

For the whole ride, he kept an eye secretly on her to make sure she wasn't growing uncomfortable from the hardness of the saddle, or if she was slipping on her seat. He watched for any signs of fatigue or if her horse went to fast. 

Though he was acting like he didn't care, deep in him, he knew he could never truely stay mad at her or upset with her. In fact, he was more upset with himself for allowing her to go off with Luhan. He felt a lot of regret when he remembered he lost his chance to stop her. 

When they reached the lake, he hopped off his horse. He watched Miyun to see if she'd need help. He was about to rush to her side when he saw her land harshly. He was afraid she'd fall or even worse, hurt herself. The moment she stood up and dusted off her pants, he knew she was fine. 

He fed his horse and took a seat down near a tree. He ate his lunch silently and rested his head onto the bark of the tree. He reached up to play with a low hanging branch and plucked the leaves and a flower that blossomed. 

He held the flower carefully when he heard someone else sit on the other side of the tree. He heard a sigh and knew that sigh anywhere. Miyun. 

He waited for a few minutes before turning his head to see what was on the other side of the tree. He saw her peacefully sleeping against the bark. 

Her long black hair was in her face, shading her from the sun. Chanyeol bent down and brushed the hair out of her face before placing the flower behind her ear along with her tucked hair. "Pabo, how do you sleep with all that hair in your face?" He mumbled.

He glanced at her phone. Fighting off the urge to turn off her alarm, he walked away and sighed. He stood by the lake, resting his arms on the nape of his neck. 

"I'm fighting a losing battle aren't I?" He mumbled quietly. 

_____________________

Miyun opened one of her eyes and peeked through the branches of the tree. She slowly turned to her phone and swiped her finger across the screen to turn it off. 

She stood up and stretched her arms and legs before heading over to the tour guide to dismiss herself. After getting approval of her leave, she untied her horse and climbed on. From the top of the animal, she sent Luhan a text.

Lulu Oppa: I'll be waiting outside the ranch soon. I just got to make my way back now. I'll text you when I'm done.

She wrapped the reins around her hands and checked her phone as it buzzed.

Lulu Oppa: I got it! On my way right now to pick you up Mimi~

She smiled and headed down the trail. She snapped the reins, riding a little faster than she was earlier. With the loud clatter of her horse's hooves, she couldn't hear another group of hooves behind her. 

Chanyeol kept his distance from her. He wasn't trying to crash her date, he just wanted to make sure she wouldn't get lost. Gosh Miyun. Why do you always make me feel so worried.

Miyun spotted the bandanas and gave herself props for remembering the trail markers. She smiled brightly as she spotted the ranch right in the distance. Snapping her reins even harder, her horse sped off quicker, kicking sand and dust from the trail.

She was excited yet anxious with meeting Luhan. She just wanted to get their as quick as she could.

Chanyeol rode behind, waving the flying sand and dirt out of his face. He wanted to scream for her to slow down but he didn't want her to know he was following her.

He suddenly felt regret for not telling her to slow down when he saw the horse suddenly bolt up, kicking it' forelegs high in the air.

Miyun screamed as she held onto the reins tightly. Her horse had bumped into a snake on the path and was startled. "AAAAAAH! CALM DOWN GIRL." She screamed trying to calm down the horse.

She could feel her fingers slipping the reins when she couldn't calm the horse. 

Her fingers completely slipped off the reins and she closed her eyes anticipating a hard hit to the ground.


Wee....Im so tired. School . Classes are okay I mean but I just get this feeling...where it's almost like, I don't even want to go. 

179 days of school left. .__.