oo42

Lost In Paris

part of double update


"So where are you right now?" Chanyeol said resting his phone between his head and shoulder as he sorted through his luggage. 
 
"Baltimore, but we're heading up to New York soon but enough about me. What about you Channie? How is South Africa?" 
 
Her voice still gave him chills and could still bring a smile to his lips. "Beautiful." 
 
 "I wish Luhan had tour stops in Africa, it sounds amazing." He chuckled as he folded up his clothes. 
 
"It is." Chanyeol finally finished packing and closed his suitcase. "I'm actually heading to America right now. I'm stopping in Houston." 
 
"Luhan has a stop there soon! How long are you staying in America?" He chuckled at her excitement. "I'm staying there three weeks, you?" 
 
He could hear her sigh as he pulled his luggage along to the taxi waiting outside. "We're heading to California and a few other states after and then down to South America in two weeks." 
 
He pouted. So close to seeing her again but it was too good to be true. As he entered the taxi, he talked to her until he got to the airport.
 
Hearing her voice every so often was enough to make his trip worth while. Sometimes, his trip would be lonely without her by his side, but he learned to push back those feelings.
 
He has had the time of his life so far. He's seen so many things he couldn't see back in Seoul and he was making new memories even if it was alone. 
 
Chanyeol couldn't lie and say that all these months, he had gotten over Miyun. She was special to him. They had known each other for years and they had always shared a love for each other but he caved in first and went beyond a friendship love. 
 
Though he wasnt hurting anymore, he still cared for her and whenever she had to hang up because of Luhan, it stung a little.
 
Once he got to the airport, he knew he'd have no time to keep up conversation. "I got to go now, my flight is about to leave and I need to check in." 
 
He could hear her mood drop over the phone. "Okay, have a safe flight. I miss you." 
 
And every time she said those three words, it still made his heart race. "I miss you too."
 
He sighed as he hung up the phone and headed for his flight. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Chanyeol was in Britain waiting for his flight to Washington DC. Deciding to go around the airport while he waited, he walked into a small convient store to find something to read. 
 
Scanning through a few magazines, his eyes nearly popped out seeing Miyun on one of the covers. His heart raced rapidly as he scanned the cover before tossing it onto counter and paying for it.
 
He immediately ran out and sat down to look at the magazine. He looked at the cover and traced his fingers on it. When Miyun said she was working for Luhan's father's agency, he didnt imagine this. 
 
But then again, she never got to finish because he had to leave for a tour. 
 
He was surprised, actually no, shocked to find his best friend on one of the most popular magazines posing in a white, lace dress and dolly like makeup. Her hair was in loose curls and she was making an innocent face advertising on ending summer fashions.
 
"Wow..." He muttered as he flipped through the magazine. He found more pictures of her, up close, further away, posing with products. He was amazed. She looked even more beautiful.
 
For a girl who had always hated dresses and heels, she sure looked beautiful in them. The concept of her photo shoot was angelic, the way her eyes sparked with innocence, her cheeks lightly dusted with pink and pouty glossy pink lips made her like a doll. 
 
How am I suppose to forget my feelings for you like this Yunnie...He couldn't tear his eyes away from the pages even when his flight was called.
 
He swore if he didnt see the large crowd starting to line up before him. He rolled the magazine and even inside the plane, he unrolled the magazine and stared at her once again. 
 
He couldn't really believe the girl in the magazine was none other than Park Miyun, his best friend. 
 
Chanyeol gazed at the magazine, flipping through the same pictures for hours until he fell asleep with the magazine clutched close to his chest.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Chanyeol soon landed into Houston after being jet lagged for so long. Instead of exploring the city, he immediately collapsed onto his hotel bed. 
 
He groaned as a sharp pain in his back set in from sitting in the small air line space and rolled over, trying to stretch. If he weren't going so many places in so little time, he'd use the extra money to get a first class seat but he was positive, the one back to Korea would definitely be a first class.
 
He was tired, he was annoyed with everything and worst of all he was hungry but this was normal Chanyeol coming off of a long plane ride. No one expects themself to be a cheery, happy person after being crammed into a small space for hours, shaken by turbulences, eating bad food and having your seat kicked by a bratty child. 
 
After doing nothing and rolling around on bed, Chanyeol decided to get his lazy up and out in search of something to eat. 
 
Changing into comfortable jeans and a t-shirt to accomodate the warm Houston weather, he headed out, having no idea where he was headed or what he even wanted to eat. 
 
He walked along the street around his hotel in search of something. As he walked around, he loved the warm weather and the friendly atmosphere. But even with the lively street he was on, he missed having someone by his side.
 
Seeing so many friends and couples together made Chanyeol stick out like a sore thumb. 
 
And after seeing Miyun in the magazine, his heart and mind couldn't get rid of her even if he tried his hardest to do so. She was implanted in his heart and she was always there to stay. 
 
Some would say he was wasting his time loving a girl who loved a different man but then again, those men gave up on the girl too early. He would never give up on Miyun. Not even if she stomped on his heart multiple times and said she'd never love him and left. A true friend wouldn't give up on another and would always try to keep the relationship going even if the other one can't see it. But there comes a point where you do have to move on but Chanyeol didn't think his time would come any time soon. 
 
Chanyeol thought he was over thinking it. Maybe it was his lonliness and the fact he missed her dearly was feeding into his growing feelings. He was supposed to take this time to forget those feelings but so far, he was failing terribly. 
 
Seeing a nice, comfortable looking bar, Chanyeol entered it in hopes of finding something to eat and maybe have a drink or two. 
 
The music was at a reasonable volume and there a bar area as well as booths. Chanyeol settled for a spot in the bar and did his best to order food and drinks with the amount of english he knew. 
 
Through out the night, Chanyeol finished his food but the beers kept coming. Finally being able to have access to alcohol, he decided to treat himself. 
 
His intentions were to get food and go back home before exploring the city but events were changed when he took his first sip of beer and seeing news of Luhan on the TV about his concert tour. 
 
His heart clenched as he gulped down his beer and watched the TV, remembering how Luhan had stepped in and stole away his best friend. 
 
He tried to forget those harsh feelings for Miyun but it was hard to forgive the guy who ruined everything with your best friend and ed up your relationship. 
 
Alcohol can be easily abused. It's contents being able to wipe away your feelings, make you feel happier and wash away those bad memories, all until you sober up but if you drank enough, it wouldn't be for awhile.
 
Chanyeol would never drink this much but maybe seeing Luhan on TV, Miyun in a magazine and talking to her on the phone all at one time caused a rush of pain to come back. It made him realize his life has changed and now Miyun wasn't with him anymore. 
 
Once the bar tender said no more drinks, Chanyeol left without any trouble but he was in no condition to walk home and the bar having such a good reputation, helped Chanyeol to a booth where he could sober up a bit. 
 
"Yunnie..." He mumbled scrolling through his phone. "Why did you go..." He whined. This was the first time he was breaking down about Miyun and to his bad luck, it was in public. 
 
No one seemed to mind the random asian on the verge of tears and instead carried on with their activities. 
 
Chanyeol scrolled through the phone and passed a picture of him in Paris with his newly made friends. Somewhere in his drunken state, he remembered how his friends always made him feel better.
 
Somehow being able to dial Suho's number, he put his phone to his ear, listening to the ringing. "Hyung!" He hiccuped, giggling. 
 
"Chanyeol, are you alright? Why did you call?" 
 
"No, my heart hurts Suho. Why is that?" Chanyeol whimpered, clutching his heart. "I was talking to Yunnie yesterday. She said she misses me hyung!" He said giddily. 
 
He could hear a sigh on the other line. "Are you drunk?" 
 
Chanyeol smiled and nodded not realizing Suho couldn't see him. "Yup!" He chuckled and looked at the menu as a distraction. "Houston has greeeeeeat beer." 
 
"You're in Houston?" Suho asked.
 
Chanyeol hummed in response. 
 
"Chanyeol, where are you?" 
 
"At this bar and grill place. You should try it hyung. Suuuuuper good." He giggled. When Suho told him to hand his phone to a worker, he had no idea but instead, drunken Chanyeol just played with the salt and pepper shakers. 
 
When the worker returned his phone, the waitress instructed that someone would come by to pick him up. 
 
Chanyeol nodded playing with his phone and pulling up pictures of Miyun again, feeling a lump form in the bottom of his throat. 
 
Soon he felt someone tap his shoulder. The person helped him up and he could hear them thanking the restaraunt for keeping him safe until they came. 
 
He had no idea who's car he was entering and where the hell he was headed but somehow, he found himself back in his hotel room. 
 
The person helped set him into his room and by the time he hit the mattress, he knocked out completely. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A few days later, Chanyeol was ready to head off to Chicago to explore the rest of America. 
 
Houston was beautiful and he really enjoyed his time there.
 
After his little scene, he never managed to thank Suho for getting him help. He also wanted to thank the person but he never met him. 
 
As Chanyeol sat in his gate waiting for his flight, his phone rang in his pocket. He scrunched his brows before picking up the phone. "Suho hyung?" 
 
"Chanyeol! Are you still in Houston?" Suho's voice sounded panicked. 
 
"Yeah? Is everything alright?" Chanyeol said concerned. He could hear his hyung's relieved sigh and he felt like everything was fine now. 
 
"Yeah, my friend is actually headed to Chicago like you today." 
 
Chanyeol's eyes widened. "Was it the one that helped me?" 
 
Suho chuckled. "Yeah, I think their seat is in B19." 
 
Chanyeol eyes widened, looking down at his ticket noticing his was B20. "Hey! I think we're seat partners. This is great, I can finally thank him." 
 
Suho made a confused noise and before he could say what he wanted, Chanyeol needed to leave, hanging up after saying a quick goodbye. 
 
Chanyeol made his way onto his plane before it left and put away his carry on before sitting down, tapping his fingers on his thigh waiting for Suho's friend and his savior. Chanyeol really needed to thank the guy for saving his from embarrassment and for helping him get back to his hotel safely.
 
As he pulled out his phone and playing on it waiting for Suho's friend, he heard a light cough. 
 
He looked up and met eyes with a girl who smiled at him. Chanyeol was confused until he looked down at her ticket. B19...Suho's friend...wasnt a guy...but a girl?! 
 
She dipped her head and smiled, before taking a seat next to him, extending her hand. "Hi." She chirped.
 
Chanyeol stared at her hand before fumbling to reach for it, dropping his phone in the process making her giggle. He bit his tongue as he became flustered, stuttering like an idiot as he replied to her greeting. "H-Hi." 

Loooool....

How was this chapter? I missed Chanyeol :3 seems like everyone else did too ^-^

Sorry if this was so much to read especially since it was a double update .-. I will give you guys a break from barfing over MiHan fluff and give you Chanyeol. 

So how the ending? Did I finally satisfy your needs LOL. Your Chanyeol needs? 

This story was actually compensation for killing Chanyeol in my story Two Years except it took 42 chapters for him to finally get a shot at something. LOL. 

Love you all and your comments kill me. 

 

I PASSED MY EXAMS (PSATs a test required in the US. Is a practice test that leads up to the SATs which allow you to graduate or not) WITH FLYING COLORS DESPITE ME THINKING I DID TY AND MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA, THIS JUMPER SHALL BE MINE SOON. Come to mama ;u; 

 

And I just bought the One Of Kind hoodie from GD's MV too and soon my Miracles In December album will come ;^; I don't even care the holidays are over, bish, imma listen to that album til July lol