oo35

Lost In Paris

Chanyeol kept calling her name but when he realized she wasn't going to stop running, he quickly began to chase after her. 

He silently cursed as her already small figure kept getting smaller and smaller. He tried to quicken his pace but it was hard when you were practically a walking building in a crowded area. It was just his luck that the sidewalks happened to be full of people. I got to get to her quickly. 

His stinging cheek was a constant reminder of what a jerk he was being. He shouldn't have ever said what he did to her because it was all his fault she was probably wandering somewhere, lost. He was hurt at the time and he could only take so much but that gave him no reason to lash out on her.

He should've talked about it to her instead of blurting out his anger and jealousy. He didnt even think about the consequences of it and now that he was facing them, he regretted everything. 

She couldn't speak any French, she was terrible with directions, heck, she was probably flipping out right around now. Being her best friend, he worried for her well-being. She was so innocent and precious to him. It was like losing your child in a mall but this was much larger. His heart ached wondering if she was afraid or worse, afraid and hurt. 

He lost sight of her once he reached deeper into the city. Looking around, he saw nothing but a sea of people and a flood of cars. Seeing the cars, he didnt even care that he had probably missed the tour bus ride home either. He just wanted to find her and tell her, he was sorry. 

He wanted to find her, bring her into his arms and apologize for everything he said and tell her he was a terrible friend. It was hard for him to go throu this because believe it or not, this was their biggest fight. 

Chanyeol and Miyun were very laid back so fights didnt happen often except for a few small arguements. The only time they ever argued were the times when Miyun had a boyfriend. Chanyeol never thought she had good choices in boyfriends but he always supported her, except for now. 

Maybe he was always in love with her but never took notice. He recalled that he never took a liking to any of the boyfriends and usually got upset when she'd go out with her boyfriend rather than him. At the time, he only thought it was because she ditched their plans but maybe there was more, like jealousy. 

Chanyeol sighed and gripped onto the back of his head and glancing around frustratedly. 

He took out his phone and dialed her number hoping she would pick up. C'mon, c'mon, c'mon...pick up Miyun. He tapped his foot impatiently but only recieved an earfull of her voice mail.

He was positive she didn't pick up on purpose but he wouldn't blame her. He wouldn't want to talk to someone who told him that his relationship with his loved one would fail. Hell, he wouldn't even want to talk to someone who had just lashed out on him. 

He groaned and ended the call before texting her. 

Miyun, pick up. I'm sorry, please pick up. 

He stood, staring at his phone, waiting for answer but he never recieved one. He angrily shoved the phone back into his pocket and continued to walk. He looked around hoping to see a small Korean girl wandering around looking lost. 

He saw almost everything possible except for a Korean girl. He ran his fingers through his hair and groaned feeling frustrated he was getting no where with finding her. Never did he want to find her more than now. He wanted to find her, pull her into his arms and tell her how sorry he was. 

She wasnt picking up her phone, she wasnt answering his texts, he wouldn't be surprised to find that her phone was either dead or she deleted everything. Though it was immature, he had to admit he wouldn't want to talk to a jerk like him either.

Once he got deep into the city, he gave up and decided it'd be better to go back before he got too deep into the city and got lost. He walked back the way he took, his steps getting heavier and heavier as he got possibly further from Miyun. He felt useless for giving up.

Soon his heavy steps came to a stop when he reached the base of Paris's famous tower.

He sat down on a bench and rested his elbows on his thighs. Doubling over, he closed his eyes tightly. His heart felt constricted realizing he hurt her and put her into danger as well. Miyun could've been anywhere and in any situation and it was all his fault. 

Looking up once again, he realized the area was beginning to clear and that he had missed his last tour bus ride home but he couldve have cared less. He was willing to walk all the way back to South Korea if it meant he would find Miyun along the way. 

Taking the time to think about what he had said, Chanyeol leaned back on the bench. He just felt so hurt when she laughed at his confession. Though her laugh made his heart flutter and automatically brought a smile to his face, this laugh left him shattered. Never would he have thought her that angelic laugh could shatter him. 

The fact that she hurt him made him angry. He tried not to but he couldn't blame himself. He had a feeling Miyun couldn't either. A person could only take so much rejection until they broke. 

He thought about how he brought Luhan into the arguement. Though it was true, he should've kept Luhan out of it and faced her without using her boyfriend as an excuse, but Chanyeol felt the need to. The stupid Chinese had somehow broken their bond and stole her away the whole trip. 

It wasnt hard to find what the idol had done wrong. He had taken Miyun away and call Chanyeol selfish but he had hoped to spend a trip with his best friend in the whole world. Maybe Chanyeol should've been more understanding but he couldn't stand that another man had managed to steal Miyun's heart within one day when Chanyeol still couldn't for years. 

The idol had even managed to get Miyun to call him oppa when she swore that she'd never say it again. What did Luhan have that Chanyeol didn't? Chanyeol was taller, he was funnier, he was more laid back and kind while Luhan was a plain . 

He didnt want to admit it, but maybe he was a little jealous of Luhan. He was jealous how he was able to kiss her, to hold her, to call her cute names without her punching him. Chanyeol was jealous how Luhan was able to press his lips onto hers without it being awkward. 

He was jealous how Luhan was given the title oppa. He had always wanted for her to call him oppa but he knew it was only a silly dream but if his silly dream meant he'd be happy then he'd keep on imagining forever. 

Chanyeol groaned when he finally admitted to himself that he had hated the idol so much because he was jealous. 

And because of his jealousy, Miyun was lost and alone, probably struggling to find her way home. Even if Chanyeol knew where to start, he'd have a tougher time considering he knew nothing about the area. But then it all clicked in his head. He did know someone or in this case, people who knew the area well. 

Grabbing out his phone, Chanyeol dialed Suho's number immediately and tapped his foot impatiently as the older's phone rang. 

"Hello?" He could hear the others well in the back in addition to Suho's voice on the line. 

"Hyung? I need your help." Chanyeol kept his message short and simple. There was no need to waste time asking how his hyung was or to create small talk. He'd rather be blunt and get to the point. There was only so many hours til midnight and there was no time to waste. 

"What's up Yeol? Are you okay? Is Miyun?" 

Chanyeol swallowed a large lump in his throat at the thought of Miyun. "No hyung..." He said in a shakey voice. "I messed up and now she's gone." 

The line was quiet and he could suddenly hear Sehun shouting and the sound of rustling jackets. "Hyung? Are you still there?" Chanyeol said softly. 

"Pabo! Where are you? We're coming you idiot." Suho's soft voice was replaced by Sehun's angered voice. For once Chanyeol was happy to hear the maknae's threatening voice. 

"Eiffel Tower..." Chanyeol stared at the darkening sky. "Please hurry." 

_____________________

Chanyeol sat in the front of the car with Suho as they drove around.

"Where did she go?" Suho asked at a red light. Chanyeol bit his lip and looked around, pointing forward. "I think she ran that way." 

As the light turned green, the car sped off. It was an uncomfortable silence as they all looked out the windows, searching for the girl. The air was thick and everyone felt like they couldn't breathe, worrying over the girl they grew to care for so much. 

Sehun curled his fists tightly at the thought of his beloved noona in danger or crying on some street corner because she was scared. He didnt know what went on with her and Chanyeol, but he swore if anything happened to her, he'd have Chanyeol's head.

It wasn't like he was in love with her like his hyung but he did care for her so much. She reminded him so much of his own noona back in Seoul. His lips curled into a worried smile, remembering how much he missed his sister and hoped she was safe. He only wanted the same for Miyun. We'll find you noona. 

Chanyeol sat nervously in the front seat, sometimes taking sneak peeks into the back from the mirror. He could see his friends looking out the windows with worried expressions once the sky became pitch black. Everyone's faces were covered in shadows but from the soft orange glow of the street lamps, he could see the worry in their eyes and their lips pressed tightly, concentrating on the streets. 

It felt like eternity and she never turned up. 

Suho, pulling over towards a restaurant, told everyone to get out so they could rest and eat something. Chanyeol wanted to refuse and continue finding her but he could see the tiredness in everyone's eyes. 

As everyone entered the restaurant, Chanyeol felt a tug and he was suddenly pulled to the side. He stared at his friends entering the shop and then to Sehun who's grip was still tight around his sleeve.

Sehun stared him dead in the eye and Chanyeol could feel himself go cold. 

The younger released him harshly, leaving him to smooth out the crease in his jacket. 

Chanyeol grew nervous as Sehun's eyes would pierce through him. "If anything happens to her Chanyeol, I swear..." Chanyeol suddenly grew annoyed. Who was Sehun to get angry? He knew nothing of all of this so what gave him the right to threaten his hyung like that?

"YAH!" Chanyeol shouted. He creased his brows, "You don't know what happened between us so what gives you the right to blame me?" 

Sehun pushed his hyung's chest a bit harshly making Chanyeol angry. The Maknae couldn't believe his hyung was actually acting like this. Sure it wasn't his business but he knew it wasn't Miyun's fault and Sehun knew Chanyeol wasn't the only one hurting now. 

"No one." Sehun said coldly. "No one gives me the right but I know I have the right too. Hyung, you don't realize that you're not the only one hurting now." Sehun watched as Chanyeol's expression softened. "I have a feeling that you let your anger take over and you hurt her too right?"

Sehun sighed. "I know you were mad but put yourself in her place. If you found someone that you really liked, shouldnt you be happy for her?" Chanyeol began to feel guiltier with every word.

"How was she suppose to know you loved her hyung? How was she suppose to know that you were hurting when you hid everything? You can't blame her for being so blind hyung because if it were you, you probably wouldn't notice anything either." Sehun let out a heavy sigh. "But I highly doubt that she didnt notice your mood hyung. I am pretty sure she noticed but you just chose to never tell her anything."

Chanyeol bit his lip and realized the Maknae was probably right. Miyun did care for him but it was his fault he never tried to talk it out but instead kept it inside. He never imagined that Miyun didn't know because...well..because he never said anything. He never tried to tell her and maybe that's why she never said anything. He was an idiot.

Sehun sighed and bowed slightly when he noticed the guilty look on Chanyeol's face. It showed that what he said did get to his hyung. "Sorry for yelling at you hyung but...I just care so much about her. I may not love her the way you do but I do love her hyung. I guess I just got mad when I heard she ran away." His lip slightly quivered worrying for his noona. "I hope she is okay. I worry for her Chanyeol." 

Chanyeol nodded and put his hand on Sehun's shoulder. "It's okay Sehun. Thank you though." Sehun looked at him surprised. "Thanks for making me realize that none of this is Miyun's fault. I was a bad friend and you made me realize it." 

Chanyeol's heart hurt a lot but he realized that Miyun was happy with Luhan and that he was being a bad friend for not giving them a chance but instead, tried to tear them apart. He wasnt sure if he'd ever be able to get over her but he'd try. 

But now the only important thing was to find her and make sure she was safe. 

Sehun and Chanyeol entered the restaraunt and sat down, answering the questions about their whereabouts. Everyone nodded not wanting to pry and began to eat.

The rest of the night was a failure considering Miyun was found no where. Chanyeol's heart grew heavy and the others offered for him to rest at their place not wanting him to return back to an empty hotel room.

That night, Chanyeol lied on the couch, staring at the ceiling. His heart felt like it was being ripped to pieces knowing that he failed her. He failed her as a savior and as a best friend. 

He wanted to beat himself up for not realizing that none of this was truely her fault. How could she have ever possibly knew. Maybe if he had told her, he was hurting, she'd help him get through it. She could have never known his feelings for her if he never told her. 

He felt stupid for getting mad at her. Turning onto his side, he decided to drift off to sleep and hopefully in the morning, Miyun would be back, safe in his arms. 

____________________

In the morning, Chanyeol tried one more time. He never fell asleep truely because his mind was on Miyun. He hoped she had found some way to find a safe place to spend for the night and that she was safe. 

Taking out his phone, he shot her a message. 

Sitting at the dining table, Kyungsoo gave him his plate of food. Everyone was eating in a comfortable silence when Chanyeol's phone lit up. The once comfortable atmosphere became tense as Chanyeol open the message.

His heart began to race hoping it was Miyun but it soon shattered once again and he wasnt sure how many times it would shatter before it broke completely. Something can only take so much damage before its unfixable.

Miyun is okay, she is currently with me. -Luhan

Everyone was surpised to see Chanyeol place the phone down after replying. 

"Was it her? Is she okay?" Baekhyun asked. His heart also ached for the girl he grew to cherish. Chanyeol nodded, "Well, it was actually Luhan. She's with him."

Everyone fell silent at his words. They seemed calm yet painful.

"Well, what did you say?" Kai said.

"I told him to keep her for the day. To keep her safe." Chanyeol said returning back to his food, avoiding they shocked looks he was getting. 

"B-But..." Kai said softly not believing what his hyung was doing. "Are you just going to give her up like that?" He said a bit louder than intended but he couldn't believe Chanyeol was giving up.

Chanyeol stared at his eggs which had probably gone cold now after leaving them sitting for so long. His heart felt constricted and he felt like he couldn't breathe but if Miyun was happy..."I guess. I guess I am." He said painfully.


/Hides under rock./ SORRY CHANYEOL LOVERS...

/runs away before readers shoot/ ;^; 

Also I apologize for such a slow update. I've been so busy but also Ive been having writer's block but I am back and I shall finish this story soon so don't worry. It may be ending within 40 chapters actually, but you'll see...I got stuff up my sleeve ^^ 

i apologize for grammar mistakes as well as anything that doesn't make sense. I really need to go right now so I can't fix it ^^ bear with me xD