Chapter 2

Once in a lifetime

          “Who are you too?!” she also shouted. She was really confused if who really is he.

          “Mwo?! I’m the owner of this house..” he said.

          She felt puzzled. She didn’t know that the owner of the house is a man. She thought that it’s a woman. “Aiissssh~ You’re so stupid Ji Hyo-ah you didn’t even ask if the owner is a man or a woman..Babo~~” her mind said.

          “Would you please answer me? Who are you?” he asks her.

           “I’m sorry Sir..I’m Song Ji Hyo Sir your new helper..” she apologized.

          “New helper?..But why you’re sleeping in my bed?..” he angrily said to her.

          She can’t even look in the eyes of the man in front of her. He’s so cold. She knows it’s her mistake but she didn’t do it purposely.

          “I’m so sorry Sir..I didn’t realize that I fell asleep..” she said.

          “You didn’t realize..Well Song Ji Hyo-ssi you’ve have slept for almost 12 hours..” he said.

          “I’m really sorry Sir..I’m sorry..I won’t do it again..I promise” she said to him.

          “Yes you won’t do it again..because you’re fired..” he coldly said.

          Ji Hyo was devastated. It’s a sideline job but the offer is so good that can really help them. Min Young-ah is going to school this year. She really needs extra money for her tuition fee.

          “Si-r..Ple---“

She was going to talk but then he cut it out.

          “Leave...just leave..” he said.

          Ji Hyo tried not to cry and leave the place. Thinking how unlucky she was. When she got home, Ji Hyo fetches her sister in her neighbor ahjumma.

          “ Kamsahmnida Ahjumma..” she thanked her and they walk towards their small apartment. When she meant small it’s really small. It only has 1 room, 1 bathroom and small kitchen.

          “Unnie..where have you been?..I’ve waited for you last night..” her sister asked her.

          “Mian~ Min Young-ah..Unnie’s working last night..Mian~” she said then hug her sister.

          Ji Hyo’s trying not to burst into tears. She was so sad because of what happen. Now how can she pay the apartment rent this coming week.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

          Jong Kook went out and jog around the park. He was thinking of the girl that she met yesterday. He knew that there will be a new helper. But how can a helper be that beautiful? He shakes his head and erases the thought. He shouldn’t think of it.  

          When he got home, he dialed the number of his friend Ki Chan.

          “Ne~ Hyung..” Ki Chan answered.

          “Yah..Where did you get the new helper?..I know I’ve asked you to find me a new one..” he said.

          “Ahhhh..I asked my friend about it..She knew someone..Wae Hyung? Is there something wrong?..” Ki Chan asked him.

          “Aniya~..Could you ask the number of the new helper and send it to me?..”

          “Ne~ Hyung..”

          “Okay..Gomawo..” and he hung up.

          He realized that the new helper is quite good. Everything is organized and cleaned. He can’t blame her for falling asleep last time because he has seen the bed sheets and curtains that she washed. It’s so hard to find a helper because of his attitude. Every week he changes his helper three times. He also remembered that there is this helper that he shouted and collapsed. So he thought why he would let her go away. After a minute, Ki Chan sent him the number.

          Message from Ki Chan:

                   010-xxxx-xxxx Hyung her name is Song Ji Hyo.

                  

          He dialed it then it’s started ringing.

          “Ne~ Yoboseoyo…” she said in the other line.

          “Song Ji Hyo-ssi..” he said.

          “Ne~ speaking..Who’s this?”

          “It’s Kim Jong Kook..the owner of the house that you’ve slept..”

          Ji Hyo was clueless why is he calling her. Is he going to insult her again and blame her for sleeping in his house?

          “Ne~..What can I do for you?..” she asked.

          “I’m..hiring you again..be here tomorrow at 9 o’clock in the morning..”

          “Jinjaeyo?..” she assure.

           “Don’t you want to?..”

          “Aniyo~..I’m just happy..Thank you Mr. Kim..Jinja Kamsahamnida..” she said happily.

          Then the call ends. She hugs her sister tightly because of happiness.

          “Unnie..I can’t breathe..”  Min Young said.

          “Just let unnie hug you..ok?..Unnie is just so happy..”

          She won’t give up. She will live happily for her sister. She promised herself that no matter what happen she won’t let her 5 year old sister suffer in any kind of sufferings.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Ji Hyo pushes the doorbell. She’s now in the gate of Mr. Kim’s house. After a while the gate unlocked. New technology is really a jjang. She enters the house and saw Mr. Kim sitting in the sofa.

          “Good Morning Mr. Kim..” she said.

          “Have a sit..Ji Hyo-ssi..”

          The she sits towards him.

          “I’m really sorry for what happen the other day Mr. Kim..” she apologized.

          “Forget about that..You should clean here thrice a week..and you should not touch any of my things..You’re just going to clean this house, do some laundry and maybe some things that I need to ask you like cooking or going to the grocery..500,000 won..I’ll give the half every 15th day..Do you get that?”

          He said that in just blink of an eye.

          “Ne~..” she answered quickly.

          “Then that’s it..You can start now..” he said then walk through his room.

          Ji Hyo started cleaning. She first clean the bedroom upstairs then after that the living room. As she cleans the shelf in the living room it makes so hard for her to reach the upper part because it’s too high. So she uses the chair to reach it. But as she tip toed to reach it she loses balance and fell from the chair. Ji Hyo just closes her eyes and waits for her body to hit the floor.

          (>____<)

 

          (--____--)

 

          But it never happened because Jong Kook catches her before she falls into the ground. She slowly opens her eyes and looks straight in the small eyes of him.

          “You should be careful..Ji Hyo-ssi..” he said.