Chapter 11

Once in a lifetime

           Her lips taste like honey. It was the sweetest kiss for Jong Kook or maybe because he just really love this woman. He let go of her lips and look into her eyes.

          “Do you like me too?..” he asked.

          Ji Hyo just nodded shyly. Jong Kook smiles happily and slowly moves his head to kiss her again but Ji Hyo steps backward.

          “Yah..” she protests.

          Jong Kook can’t erase his smile. He steps forward and hugs her tightly.

          “You don’t know how happy I am now..I thought you’ll reject me..”

          Ji Hyo smiles too. She’s happy right now. She let go from the hug and look at Jong Kook.

          “But how about Eun Hye-ssi?..” she asked.

          “What about her?..”

          “I just thought you’re together..”

          “Ani~..I’ll tell you everything..Can we just find a place that we can sit and talk?..”

          Then they walk to the nearest park. Jong Kook holds her hand and put it inside the pocket of his jacket.

          “Are you really excited to see me lately?..Why you didn’t wear a thicker jacket?..” he said.

          Ji Hyo is freezing. She didn’t notice that the jacket she wore is the thin one.

          “Aniyo..” she refused.

          They sit in the bench but Jong Kook still holds her hand.

          “My dream is to become the best soccer player in the country..I set my goal just to be that and I made it..I became one..I was so happy..I can’t ask for more..Then I met Eun Hye..We fell in love and 2 years ago we’re engaged to be married..but the accident happened..I was badly injured and I can never play soccer again..Do you know how much it hurts me?..”

          Ji Hyo eagerly listens to him and then she nodded.

          “I can’t walk for 6 months..I somehow gain strength to her..All I think is as long as I have her..I’ll be okay..but she left me..She went to New York to fulfill her dreams..” his voice cracks. He’s almost crying. Reminiscing the past still hurts him.

          Ji Hyo comes closer to him and pats his shoulder.

          “Then I became a different person after that..An emotionless and cold person..I can’t even trust people..but then you came..You change everything..I don’t know how or why..After that accidental kiss..I can’t keep you out of my mind..I’ll get crazy if I didn’t see you in a day…” he smiles.

          Ji Hyo hugs him.

          “It’s been so hard Ji Hyo-yah..but thank you..for coming into my life..” he said.

          Ji Hyo’s tears strated to fall.

          “Yah..Why are you crying?..” he asked.

          “I feel bad about what happen to you..”

          “Don’t be..because..having you beside me..erased everything..”

          They were both happy and contented because they both know that they have the same feeling for each other. They just hope that everything will be fine.

~~~~~~~~~~

          “Jong Kook hyung..” Ji Sung said on the line.

          “Ne~..Ji Sung-ah..Why? Is there something wrong?..” he asked.

          “Nothing Hyung..I just want you to invite to the team outing..Everyone will be there..”

          “When and where?..”

          “Tuesday we’re going to Resom Forest..We’ll meet up outside the PMH Building..We’ll be riding a bus..Please come Hyung..You know we miss you..”

          “Hmm..Is it okay if a tag along someone?..”

          “Of Course..So you’ll come?..”

          “Ne~..”

          “YEESSS!..We’ll be waiting for you..”

          Then he hung up.

~~~~~~~~~

          He invited Ji Hyo to come along and she agreed. It’s an overnight outing and Ji Hyo left Min Young to the Ahjumma.

          “I’m nervous...” Ji Hyo said.

          Jong Kook is driving and glance at her.

          “They are kind Ji Hyo-yah..and they’re afraid at me..So don’t worry..” he reassured her.

          After 30 minutes they arrived at the meeting place. He parked the car and they went out.

          “HYUNG!…Our Hyung” they shouted as they’ve seen him. They run towards Jong Kook and give him a group hug.

          “Yah~..You really miss me ha?..”

          “Finally you’re back hyung..” Ji Sung said.

          Ji Hyo is just looking at them. Jong Kook walks towards her and hold her hands. They crowded the both of them and tease them. But then a voice of someone makes them turn their heads.

          “Guys..Annyong..” Eun Hye waves her hand.