Chapter 10

Once in a lifetime

           Early Saturday morning, Gong Yoo drove his car into Ji Hyo’s apartment. He called her.

          “Why are you here Oppa?..” she asked.

          “Hmm..Can’t I see my dearest chingu??..” he smiled.

          “Aigooo..So why are you really here?..” she asked again.

          “Can I treat you and Min Young out?..”

          “Hmmm..Okay…” she agreed.

          They went into the mall and Gong Yoo bought them clothes. Ji Hyo stops Gong Yoo to buy them clothes but he didn’t listen. He said that it’s his gift and also to pay for his debt. It’s not literally debt to Ji Hyo but to pay the moments that he wasn’t there for her especially when her parents die.

  Afterwards they go to the amusement park. Min Young is really happy about it. Ji Hyo felt so happy just seeing her sister enjoying herself. She can’t even afford to go here to make her happy like this.

          As they were walking at the amusement park, Min Young is carried by Gong Yoo. She stops walking and stares at Gong Yoo’s back. She remembers Jong Kook back when they went to the zoo. She’s hallucinating because she’s seeing him smiling there and waving his hand. “..*shake head* ..Why do I think of me??..Aishhh…Erase…erase…erase….” her mind said.

          It’s already evening when they went home. She thanked him for a wonderful day.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Message from Kim Jong Kook:

                   Can you go out for a while? I’m here outside. I need to talk to you.

          Ji Hyo reads the message. It’s almost midnight; she thinks that what he is doing here. She wears her jacket and went out. She saw him standing beside his car.

          “What are you doing here?..” she asked.

          “Why you didn’t go to my house the other day?..”

          “I’m quitting..Mr. Ki-m..”

          Jong Kook questionably looks at her.

          “But why?..I thought you really need a job..What’s your reason Ji Hyo-yah?..”

          “Nothing Sir..”

          “Yah Song Ji Hyo..Tell me..Did I do something wrong?..”

          Ji Hyo just shakes her head.

          “Then why?..” he pleaded.

          Ji Hyo doesn’t even know what to say to him. She missed him. Her heart is beating fast as she sees him in front of her house. “Now I know why I’m like this towards him..I like him..and I’m slowly falling for him..but Should I still fall for him even though he will never catch me?..” her mind said.

          “Is he the reason?..” he asked.

          Ji Hyo looks at him. “He?..Who is ‘he’?..” she said in her mind. The question of him still didn’t process to her. She really doesn’t know who he is talking about.

          “The guy that’s with you the other night..” he shouted.

          “Ahhh..It’s Gong Yoo Oppa..Wait a minute how come he knows it?..and why is he shouting at me???!!!..” her mind said.

          “It’s none of your business Kim Jong Kook-ssi..” she said.

          Ji Hyo turn her back and step her feet to go back into her apartment. She’s angry of Jong Kook. Why his here like an investigator and the hell he cares who I wanted to meet.

          Jong Kook held her hand to stop her. Ji Hyo turns and looks at him.

          “It’s my business Ji Hyo-yah…” he said.

          “Why it’s your business?..Do I look like a property or a thing to you Kim Jong Kook-ssi..Can you just go home and disappear in front of me?!..I’m qui-..” she nags but suddenly Jong Kook talks and cut her.

          .

          .

          .

          .

          .

          .

          .

          “BECAUSE I’M JEALOUS…I’m madly jealous Ji Hyo-ah…” he said.

          Ji Hyo shock yet blank of what she heard. Jong Kook talks again.

          “and I think I’m falling in love with you..Song Ji Hyo..”

          She can’t even blink her eyes. She’s thinking if she really heard it correctly. Her heart was beating like crazy.

          “Ji Hyo-yah..” his soft voice said.

          Ji Hyo just looks at him. Jong Kook raises her right hand to touch Ji Hyo’s face and slowly move his head to kiss her forehead then her nose. Ji Hyo just closed her eyes. He stops and let his nose touch hers.

          “Saranghae..Ji Hyo-yah..” he sweetly said.

          Then he finally kisses her lips.