Chapter 18

Once in a lifetime

         “Is he the reason why can’t you marry me?...” Jong Kook said with a cold voice.

          Ji Hyo turns to him. How much she miss this guy? She wants to hug him but she can’t because Jong Kook looks so cold.

          “Hey it’s not what you think…He just accompanied me…because it’s already midnight”

          “Is that so?...I do understand that you’ve been busy…and you can’t meet me…But Ji Hyo-yah..I’m still your boyfriend…you can contact me and ask to fetch you…not any other man to do that for you…”

          “I’m sorry…I don’t want to disturb you…I thought you’re already sleeping” she said and tried to hold his hand but he refuses.

          “I really don’t get you now…Everything is just simple…Marry me and we will live happily with Min Young…”

          “I already explained you everything Jong Kook-ah…”

          “I don’t understand you…You’re just the same…Eun Hye and you were just the same…” then he leaves without even saying goodbye.

          She hurts him. Now she felt devastated. How can she make it up to him? “I’m different from her…were different…because I won’t leave you…I’ll never leave you…” her mind said.

~~~~~~~~~~

          All the staff for the new magazine for next month eats dinner with Ji Hyo and Lee Dong Wook. She refuses to come but the PD is insisting her to come. They’re done eating and said their goodbyes.

         When Ji Hyo and Dong Wook were walking to go out the restaurant, Jong Kook came in. Ji Hyo stared at him but he didn’t even looks at her and continues to walk inside the restaurant. She stops and looks at him for seconds waiting for him to look at her but still he didn’t.

          She got out and let Dong Wook leaves. She sat on the bench and waits for Jong Kook to get out of the restaurant. After almost an hour, Jong Kook finally got out. She immediately walks towards him.

          “Jong Kook-ah…Have you not see me?...or you pretend that you didn’t see me? ” she asked. She’s hurting inside.

          Jong Kook ignores her question.

          “Why are you still here?...You should let him accompany you again…” he said.

          “I’m sorry about the other day…I’m about to go to your house…”

          “You shouldn’t..Just go home…” he said with a cold voice and leaves.

         Tears started to fall in her eyes. She followed him and holds his hand. Jong Kook stops and turns to her.

          “I’m really sorry…I’m sorry…” she said.

          “I’m sorry too…Just do what you want…Let’s not meet from now on…”  

          “But--…”

          Ji Hyo didn’t finished what she’s going to say because Jong Kook immediately leaves. She started to walk even tears were falling in her eyes. “What happen to us?...I just want to be suitable to you…I don’t want people to talk about you…Is it wrong if I want to fulfill my own dream?...Jong Kook-ah…don’t do this please…” her mind said.

          She keeps on walking when she bumps someone that makes her stop.

          “I’m sorry…” she bows.

          “Ji Hyo-yah…”

          She lift her head and looks who is it.

          “Gong Yoo Oppa…”

          Gong Yoo noticed that she’s crying.

          “Hey what happen to you?...Is there something wrong?...” he said and wipes her tears using his hand.   

          “Aniyo~ Oppa…I’m okay…”

          “Really?...”

          “Ne~..”

          He accompanied her to her apartment. They arrived and got out the car.

          “I’m really proud of you Ji Hyo-yah…You’re now one of the famous models in Korea…I know you’re parents were really proud of you also…” he said.

          Hearing those words Ji Hyo burst into tears. She’s hurting and now she felt somehow happy because of what he says. How much she misses her parents? How much she wants that they’re still alive? How much she wants to hear those words from them?  

          “Why are you crying?...” he moves closer and embrace her. He pats her back.

          “I miss them Oppa…I really miss them…” she sobs.

          “They’re guiding you and Min Young…They’re always there…I know it’s hard for you…but everything will be okay…Look at you now I know they’re happy watching you…It’s your dream when where still child…Your Dad just didn’t want it because he wants you to be a Doctor…”

          “You’re right…Appa don’t agree with it...but Eomma is supporting me…Thank you Oppa…I really need a friend right now…Thank you..” she let go of his hug.

          “I’m always here..you know that…”

          They lean on his car and continue their talking.

          “But then I forgot about my dream of being a model and concentrate on studying…you know Appa is strict about grades…” she smiles remembering her Appa.

          “Of course I knew that…Do you remember the time when where doing our homework in your house?...He’s monitoring us like a teacher…and we can’t play if we didn’t finish it..”

          “I remember that…He maybe strict but he’s the most wonderful person…Appa and Eomma…They’re now angels in heaven…” she said and looks at the sky.

          Gong Yoo also does it.

          “Yes...angles that guiding you and Min Young…” he said.

          They didn’t know that someone is watching them. Jong Kook felt sorry about what he said to her and waited to say sorry. He realizes that he’s being so childish. He’s heart is aching. Yes he’s jealous again but what can he do? He just loved this woman so much. Tears started to fall in his eyes and he walks away.

Two months left before their agreement. “What should I do Ji Hyo-yah?...Why do I think that I’m not the one for you?...That there is someone else who can make you more happy…I’m such a fool…I’m scared…scared that you’ll also leave me…Can I still hold on until that time?...I miss you…” his mind said.

[a/n: Sorry short update but enjoy reading..Thank you.. ^~^]