Chapter 8

Once in a lifetime

            Jong Kook was shock and don’t know what to do. After 3 years, the woman who left him came back. Smiling in front of her like there nothing happens. “For all times..Why now? Eun Hye-ah...It took me 2 years to get out in my shell..and you will appear just like this..Aish..” he said in his mind.

          “Let’s go inside..” he said to her.

          They both enter the gate and forget about Ji Hyo. She just looks at them as they walk. Ji Hyo can’t process what’s really happening. She doesn’t know the woman but all she knows is there is something going on between them.

          “Are you coming in too?..” the woman asked her.

          Jong Kook looks at her and come to her. Ji Hyo looks at him blankly. He carried her and enters the house. Eun Hye just followed them. He laid her in bed at one of the guest room and go to the kitchen. He gets ice in the fridge and put it into an ice pack. He came back again to Ji Hyo. He put off her heels and put the ice pack on it.

          “I’ll be right back..Ji Hyo-yah..Just rest here..” Jong Kook said and leaves.

          Jong Kook goes to the living room where Eun Hye is waiting. Eun Hye stands as Jong Kok came.

          “Why are you here?..” he seriously said.

          Eun Hye looks at him and steps forward to hold his face but Jong Kook stpes backward to avoid it. Tears were forming into her eyes. It hurts her that Jong Kook will treat her coldy. But she knows it’s all her fault.

          “I mi-ss you..” her voice cracks.

          “You don’t know what you’re saying Eun Hye-ah..” he smirked.

          “I came back for you Jong Kook-ah..”

          “Are you joking me?!..”

          “Jong Kook-ah..”

          “I’m doing okay Eun Hye-ah..Can you just leave me alone?..”

          Eun Hye shakes her head.

          “Ani~ Jong Kook-ah…I’ll do everything to win you back..Sarang-hae”

          Eun Hye suddenly kisses his lips.

          She already changes her clothes and was going to say goodbye to him and go home. Ji Hyo slowly opens the door to look for Jong Kook. But as it opens she sees the scene. Eun Hye and Jong Kook were kissing.

          She immediately closed the door. Her hands were trembling and her heart is aching. “What’s happening to me?..Why does my heart is aching?..” her mind said. She keeps on hitting her chest to ease the pain.

          “What’s wrong with me?..”

~~~~~~~~~~

          Eun Hye leaves but still promises him that she will come back no matter what. It’s been an hour since she left Jong Kook is still sitting in the sofa, thinking. Then he remembers Ji Hyo. He almost forgot about her. He enters the guest room but all he sees is Ji Hyo lying in the bed sleeping.

          He came closer to her and sits on the other side of the bed. He looks at her and touches her face. “How come you’re still beautiful even when you’re sleeping?..You look so blank that I can’t even say what you’re thinking..Am I selfish if I want you to stay by my side and never leave me?..or Am I capable of wanting you like this?..I’m afraid that I’ll hurt you..Should I just stay right where I’m right now..and not waver you..Ji Hyo-yah…What should I do?..I’m starting to fall for you…” his mind said.