Chapter 9

Once in a lifetime

           Jong Kook wakes up and walks to his kitchen to get some water. His eyes were still closed.

          “Good Morning Jong Kook-ah..”

          “YAH!..You startled me..” he said to Eun Hye.

          Eun Hye just smiled at him. She prepares breakfast. Jong Kook is just looking at her.

          “Why are you here?..” he asked.

          “Remember what I said..I’ll do everything to win you back..” she seriously said.

          Jong Kook just sighs. He doesn’t know what to do with her. Yes, he was mad at her for leaving him behind. But there is this feeling inside him that he can’t drive her away easily. For 2 years, he didn’t love anyone beside her. But as she met Ji Hyo things changed a lot. Still He doesn’t know what to do or he’s just scared that the one she loves will leave him.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Eun Hye was clinging into his arms as they stroll to the grocery. While he pushes the cart Eun Hye chooses all the food. She remembers it well, everything. What he really likes Jong Kook noticed.

          “I’ll make a chicken salad for you..” she said with a sweet smile.

          “What should I do with you Eun Hye-ah?..2 years ago, this is what I want you to do..But not now..Every day of my dilemma I’m waiting for you..that maybe you’ll knock on my door and say you’re sorry..and you’ll never leave me again…That time I’m capable of accepting you with all my heart…But now…I can’t..I don’t think I can..” his mind said.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Ji Hyo woke up early to accompany Min Young to her school then after he’ll go to Jong Kook house. She was already in front of the gate but she can’t afford to go inside. Why?

          Because Eun Hye is sprinkling water to Jong Kook using the host. She was laughing happily. Jong Kook keeps on running but Eun Hye keeps on pursuing him.

          “Yah Eun Hye-ah..Stop it..YAH~!..” he shouted.

          Eun Hye giggles. She missed this even though she left Jong Kook 2 years ago. She also suffers from sadness. She really loved him. But she waited for so long for her dream and when it’s already in front of her she can’t say no. She promised herself that after the contract she’ll come back for him and will never leave him again. She’s trying her best to win him back. To make him believe that she’s already here, the Eun Hye that loves him so much.

          “Aren’t you going to stop?..” he warns her.

          Eun Hye just gives him a ‘merong’ and runs. Jong Kook went after her and catches her.

          “Gotcha..” he said then lift Eun Hye like a sack.

          “Yah..Kim Jong Kook..Let me down..Yah..” she protests.

          “It’s your punishment..I already told you to stop it..” he smiles.

          “He’s happy..really happy..I don’t think I need to still work here..” Ji Hyo said in her mind. She turns away and walks out.

          “Oh..The girl the other night..” Eun Hye said when she sees Ji Hyo’s back.

          Jong Kook let her down and turns around to see if it’s really Ji Hyo. “Oh..Where is she going?..” his mind said.

~~~~~~~~~~

          “Min Young-ah..We’re going to the clinic..”

          “Why Unnie?..I’m not sick..” Min Young said with a cute voice while holding her forehead.

          “Aigggooo..Just a checkup..Araseo?..”

          Min Young nodded. They walk 3 streets and found the clinic.

          “Welcome..*bow*” the nurse greeted them.

          “Checkup Miss..”

          “What’s the name?..”

          “Song Min Young..”

          “Okay..Just sit first..the Doctor will call you..”

          The nurse went to the Doctors room and after minutes they already called us. We enter the room and to my surprise the Doctor is someone I know.

          “Gong Yoo-ah..”

          “Yah..Song Ji Hyo..It’s really been a long time..I’m right that I already heard your sisters name somewhere..”

          “Wow..You’re now a Doctor..Congratulations..”

          “You know I really want it..Even were still little kids..”

          Gong Yoo is her childhood friend. He migrated when they were in middle school. She felt envious of what he’s now. Maybe if her parents didn’t die, she’s also now a Doctor.

          After he checkups Min Young, he proposed that he’ll accompany them into their home. He wants to have a long conversation with her because it’s really been a long time since they last met. Gong Yoo is carrying Min Young while their walking. They were already in front of Ji Hyo’s apartment.

          “So..I hope it will not be the last time that I will see you..Ji Hyo-yah..”

          “Ne~..You’re just 3 streets away..Babo..”

          Gong Yoo smiles.

          “If you need my help..I’m always here..Araseo?..”

          “Ne~..Oppa..”

          Then Gong Yoo said his goodbye.

          Ji Hyo doesn’t know that Jong Kook is just waiting in his car. He really wants to talk to her. He wants to know why she leaves earlier. Jong Kook questions himself if who’s the guy that’s with her. The thought that comes through his mind makes him feel sad. “What if it’s her boyfriend?..*shake head*..” his mind said. He felt jealous. He knows he has no right but he can’t stop it. He’s really madly jealous.