Chapter 23

Once in a lifetime

          “Ji Hyo-ssi you don’t have to leave…He’ll remember you…Please don’t give up…” Dong Hoon said. They’re now at the Seoul Train station. Ji Hyo decided to go to Busan with Min Young.

          “I tried to fight for it Dong Hoon-ssi…but it hurts too much…It’s been two weeks since the incident but he’s still the same…and worst he didn’t want to see me at all…I’m tired…I think it’s time for me to give up…” Ji Hyo explained.

          “But…” he can’t find his words.

          “Oh the train is here…” Min Young said excitedly.        

          “We’ll be going Dong Hoon-ssi…Thank you for everything…” Ji Hyo said.

          “Just take care Ji Hyo-ssi…and I don’t want to insist it to you but don’t give up on him…I know he’ll remember you…” Dong Hoon said.

          Ji Hyo just gave him a weak smile as a response. She holds Min Young hands and walk to the door of the train.

          “Annyong Min Young-ah…” Dong Hoon waves to her.

          “Annyong Penguin Ahjussi…” Min Young waves back at him.

~~~~~~~~~~

          “What are you thinking?...” Eun Hye asked him as she sat beside him. They’re now in his veranda while drinking tea.

          “Nothing…” he replied and drinks his tea.

          “Are you sure?...You look like something is bothering you…”

          “I don’t know Eun Hye-yah…It seems that something is lacking…I don’t know why but it keeps on bothering me…”

          “Don’t think about it Jong Kook-ah…It’s just an effect of your accident…” she said and holds his hand. Jong Kook just smiles at her.

          “No…there is something wrong…My heart is not fluttered even though Eun Hye is here…What’s wrong with me?...Why do I feel that ‘someone’ is missing?...” his mind said.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Jong Kook wokes up, got dressed and jog outside. He jog for almost 30 minutes and when he got tired, he went into a convenient store and bought a bottle of water. As he was drinking, he noticed the magazine were the woman named Song Ji Hyo was the cover. He stared at it for seconds. It was like he was drawn by it. He shakes his head and leaves the store.

          He went home and gets his car keys. He drove his car to a place that he doesn’t why he wanted to come.  He stops his car and got out. He never remembers coming to a place like this. He’s now in front of Ji Hyo’s apartment. He knocks on the door and a woman opens it.

          “What can I do for you?..” the woman asked.

          “Nothing…I’m sorry…” he apologized and get back to his car.

          “Why I’m here?...Who’s I’m looking for?...Aish…I don’t know…” his mind said.

          Jong Kook is still not leaving when Gong Yoo also knocks at the door of Ji Hyo’s apartment. “He’s the guy I saw from the hospital…” he thought.

          The woman opens the door.

          “I’m looking for Song Ji Hyo…” Gong Yoo said.

          “I’m sorry but I just got moved here 2 days ago…I don’t know who you are looking for…”

          “But…Okay I’m sorry…”

          The Ahjumma saw him and walks towards him.

          “Are you looking for Song Ji Hyo?...” Ahjumma said.

          “Ne~…Do you know where she is?...”

          “I’m sorry but she didn’t told me where they are going…She just left 2 days ago…It will be best if you contact her…”

          “Is that so?...Thank you Ahjumma…” then he leaves.

          “Why is he here?...and it looks like he’s looking for someone…Is it Song Ji Hyo?...Then Song Ji Hyo is the one living in the apartment…Why do I know her place?...” his mind said.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Ji Hyo and Min Young is now living to their maid back when they’re still rich. She’s Kim Young Ok, she served her family since Ji Hyo’s birth. But when everything went down she goes back to where she lives, in Busan. Kim Young Ok lives near the ocean. She makes dried squid and fish for living. She welcomed them with open arms.

          “Unnie…I’m going to play with my friends…” Min young said.

          “Okay…You take care…Don’t go too far…”

          “Ne~…” Min Young said and runs.

          She’s now helping Young Ok Ahjumma getting the dried fish and squid.

          “My relative in Seoul told me that you are now a model Ji Hyo-yah…Sorry for asking but why did you came here?...Do you have a problem?...” Ahjumma asked her.

          “Aniyo~ Ahjumma…I don’t have a problem…Everything’s fine..”

          “I won’t force you to tell me everything Ji Hyo-yah…But if you need someone to talk too…You know I’m always here like your Mother…”

          “Thank you Ahjumma…”

          Evening came she got a call from Gong Yoo. She answered it.

          “Oppa…”

          “Yah Song Ji Hyo…Where are you?...Why you didn’t told me that you’re moving?..”

          “Oppa I’m sorry…I forgot…”

          “Are you hiding from him?...”

          “Aniya Oppa~…I’m just--…”

          “Tell me where you are?…”

          “I’m in Busan…”

          “I’m going there…text me you’re exact location…”

~~~~~~~~~~

          Ji Hyo is walking she bought food from the grocery when suddenly someone grabs what she’s carrying. She got startled and turn her head to find out who is it.

          “Hi Song Ji Hyo…” Gong Yoo smiled.

          “Oppa~…”

          They walk to Ahjumma’s house. Min Young is happy seeing Gong Yoo and also Young Ok Ahjumma. It’s been a long time since she has seen him.  

          It’s already dinner time. They eat together.

          “It’s really delicious Ahjumma..You’re still the best cook..” Gong Yoo said.

          After they ate, Gong Yoo and Ji Hyo went at the sea side to walk.

          “Is he the reason why you go here?...” Gong Yoo asked.

          Ji Hyo nodded. “I just realized that maybe God let this happen because were really not meant for each other…For all the people I am the one he forgot…It’s a sign right?...It’s a sign that I should now forget him and live my own life…”

          Ji Hyo sat on the sand and Gong Yoo do also. She stared at the moon and tears started to fall. Gong Yoo is just staring at her.

          “Do you still love him?...” Gong Yoo asked. Ji Hyo looks at him finding her words to answer him.

          “Because I love you Ji Hyo-yah…I always do…” Gong Yoo confessed.