Chapter 21

Once in a lifetime

           Jong Kook arrives at the abandoned factory in Namdaemun. There are two men at the entrance who’s already waiting for him.

          “Here comes the hero…” the man said.

          “Where is Song Ji Hyo?...” Jong Kook asked.

          “Just wait..You’ll see her…” the other man said. Then they grab Jong Kook’s arms tightly. They entered the factory and then he sees Ji Hyo sitting on a chair, her hands and feet were tied. As Ji Hyo sees him, her eyes opened widely. Like telling him why did you come? You shouldn’t be here.

          “Ji Hyo-yah…are you okay? Did they hurt you?...” he immediately asked.

          “I’m oka---…”

          Ji Hyo didn’t finish what she’s going to say because a man entered and talks.

          “You really impressed me…Kim Jong Kook…” he smiled evilly and stares at him.

          Jong Kook turns his head and looks at him.

          “Jong Soo-yah…” he said, shocked.

          “Ne~ it’s me Jong Kook-ah…”

          “Why are you doing this?...”

          “Why? Are you really asking me why?...Oh come on…I got kicked out in the team because you told Coach Park…Even you’re already retired you still have big influence that I never had…”

          “It’s your fault…No one told you to do that ridiculous thing at the team outing Jong Soo-yah…and I never told Coach Park to kicked you out…I just said what did you do…”

          “Bull!...Stop it…Stop talking…” he angrily said. “I will make you pay Jong Kook-ah…” then he walks towards him and punch him hard in his stomach then his face.

          The two men who are holding Jong Kook release him.

          “Now fight back Jong Kook-ah…” Jong Soo said.

          Jong Kook grips his fist and attacks him but Jong Soo avoided it and he punches him again in his stomach. Jong Soo punches him again and again until Jong Kook puke blood.

          “Stop it…Stop it…” Ji Hyo shouted and cried.

          Jong Soo smiled evilly while looking at her. He ordered his five men to continuously beat Jong Kook.

          Jong Kook is lying on the ground while the five men kick him. He’s growling from pain.

          “Kick his weak point guys…” Jong Soo said to them.

          Then they started kicking Jong Kook’s right leg.

          “Please…Stop…Stop it…Please please…Jong Kook-ah…” she pleaded and cried.

          Jong Soo gets near her and holds her face.

          “You’re still beautiful Song Ji Hyo-ssi…” Jong Soo said.

          “Don’t touch her…” Jong Kook shouted in pain. The five men stop kicking him.

          Jong Soo ignored him and focused his attention to Ji Hyo.

          “You’re an evil..GO TO HELL!..” Ji Hyo shouted to him. He got angry and slaps Ji Hyo’s face.

          “I didn’t plan to hurt you but you’re taking to my limits Song Ji Hyo-ssi…If you won’t stop--…”

          “You’re garbage…You’re a rotten person…You can never be compared to Jong Kook…”

          The last sentence hit him and his push him to his limits. He grabs a baseball bat and was going to hit Ji Hyo. She just closed her eyes and waits for the bat to hit her but it didn’t happen. The bleeding and in pain Jong Kook got up and take the hit of the bat. He got hit at the back of his head and pass out.

          Ji Hyo opens her eyes and saw Jong Kook lying on the ground unconsciously and blood was flowing from his head.

          “KIM JONG KOOK…” she shouted and frightened.

          Then police men came in, it’s too late for Jong Soo to runaway. They all got arrested. Police untied Ji Hyo and she immediately holds Jong Kook.

          “Jong Kook-ah…Wake up…Please…wake up…” she cried.

          “Jong Kook Hyung…” Dong Hoon shouted and run towards them.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Three days after the incident, Jong Kook is in the hospital and still unconscious. Afternoon, Ji Hyo go to the nearest convenient store to buy lunch for Dong Hoon and her.

          Dong Hoon is reading a book on the sofa when Jong Kook finally opens his eyes.

          “Hyung~…Jong Kook Hyung…You’re finally awake…Wait I’ll call the Doctor…” he said and runs.

          The Doctor Yoo Jae Suk came in and checks him.

          “How do you feel?..” Dr. Yoo Jae Suk asked.

          “I’m fine…” he replied.

          “We’ll be going to take some test to make sure that he’s out of danger…”

          “Thank you Dr. Yoo Jae Suk..” Haha bows and Dr. Yoo Jae Suk leaves.

          “You scare me Hyung…Ji Hyo will be happy when he sees you…” Haha said.

          Ji Hyo enters the room holding the food that she bought. When she sees him awake she came rushing to him.

          “I’m glad you’re finally awake Jong Kook-ah…” she said.

          Jong Kook stares at her.

          “Who are you?...”