Chapter 17

Once in a lifetime

         “Will you marry me?...” he said out of the blue.

          Ji Hyo looks blank because of it. She looks at him and his eyes were seriously looking at her.

          “You almost got me with your joke...” she smiled and said.

          “I’m not joking…” he said and felt disappointed.

          Ji Hyo looks at him questionably.

          “What should I say?...I don’t think I’m ready Jong Kook-ah…” she said.

          “Don’t you love me Ji Hyo-yah?...”

          “No…I love you…I really do..”

          “Then why?..” he asked.

          “I’m not yet ready…”

          Jong Kook became sad and tears were forming in his eyes. Ji Hyo sees it and she hold his hand.

          “Not now Jong Kook-ah…I promise I’ll marry you someday…”

          “I don’t get you Ji Hyo-ah..” he said and go to his room.

          Ji Hyo knows that he’s mad at her. Who wouldn’t be? “I’m sorry Jong Kook-ah…Yes..that’s what I really wanted to say..but I can’t…I love you and I want to be with you forever…I want you to be the person beside me when I wake up in the morning…I want you to be the father of my children...Someday…Someday it’ll come true…just please do understand me now…” her mind said.

~~~~~~~~~~

          A week after that day, Ji Hyo is now pushing the doorbell in Jong Kook’s gate. After a minute it opens, she entered the house and look for Jong Kook. Every day since that day she always goes here after her part time in the restaurant. She’ll prepare him food. Jong Kook seems to be sulky about the marriage proposal but as days passed he seems to finally understand.

          She was in the kitchen chopping onions when suddenly someone hugs her from her back.

          “Yah..You startled me..” she shouted.

          “I’m sorry my beautiful Ji Hyo…” he smiles and hugs her tightly.

          “Hey I’m cooking..Aren’t you hungry?...”

          Jong Kook plants a small kiss in her ears.

          “Will you now marry me?...” he whispered.

          “Yah…Kim Jong Kook…”

          “Araseo araseo…I’ll wait…”

          Jong Kook let go of her and sit in the dining. Ji Hyo started to cook. After minutes, sje’s done cooking and they eat together.

          “Can I ask you a question?...” Jong Kook said.

          “Ne~..What is it?...”

          “You want to marry me right?...”

          “Of course…”

          “Then why can’t we just get married?...”

          “I want to prove myself before that…”

          “Prove?...”

         “You know that I didn’t finish my studies..and I have Min Young with me…I need to think of her future…”

          “But I will help you with that…”

          “You don’t get me…I want to be a wife that you can be proud of…Not a woman who doesn’t even have a better background…Not a woman who just do part times for living…”

          “I don’t care what people will say…You and I are the most important…We’re the ones whose getting married…not them…”

          “I know but let me do this…You’re Kim Jong Kook…the best player of soccer years ago…and now you’re the owner of JK Group…How could someone like me marry someone like you?...”

          Jong Kook stands to his sit and walks towards her and holds her hand while looking at her eyes.

          “You’re not just someone…Ji Hyo-yah you’re the one I love…I want to grow old with you…That’s all I want…”

          Ji Hyo’s tears started to fall. She felt so loved by this man and it hurts her to see him hurting because of her.

          “Three months…just give me three months…If I can’t prove myself then we’ll get married…”

           “Okay three months…” he approved.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Flashback *Family Day at Min Young school*

          When Ji Hyo is inside the bathroom, a group of woman came in. She was about to go out from the cubicle when she heard Jong Kook’s name.

          “Do you see the woman who’s with Kim Jong Kook Oppa?...”

          “Ne~ Song Ji Hyo-ssi…She’s beautiful but I heard she’s poor and just doing part time jobs for living…Her parents died a year ago…They’re already orphan…”

          “How could someone like Kim Jong Kook-ssi likes her?...”

          “That’s right…He’s famous and rich…He’s more compatible with her past girlfriend…”

          “Yoon Eun Hye-ssi right?...”

          “Ne~…She’s now a well known model in US…She’s the right one for him…”

          “That’s right…But he’s really handsome isn’t he?...”

          “And so muscular too…”

          The group of woman keeps chatting until they got out the bathroom. Hearing those words Ji Hyo can’t control her tears and started to cry.

          End of Flashback

          After that she decides to be someone that no one will look down on her. Yes, she just wants a simple life but reality checks she can’t ignore those people. Then she decides to pursue a dream she had when she’s still it a child to become a model.

~~~~~~~~~~

          She’s now entering the CHJ Entertainment. A week before the Family Day when she’s still working at the restaurant, a guy named Lee Kwang Soo talks to her and gave a calling card.

          Flashback

          “You’re really beautiful…Aren’t you interested in modeling?...” Lee Kwang Soo asked her.

          She just looks at him blankly and he handed him a calling card.

          “If you change your mind…” then he leaves.

          End of Flashback

          Now she’s inside the elevator going to the office of Cho Hyo Jin the CEO of the CHJ Entertainment. She got out the elevator and walk. She sees Lee Kwang Soo.

          “Oh..You’re the woman at the restaurant…I’m Lee Kwang Soo, secretary of Cho Hyo Jin-ssi…I’ll accompany you to him…”

          They entered the office and she saw Cho Hyo Jin-ssi. He said that she’ll be famous and she won’t regret that she choose his company. She signed the contract and they shake hands.

          “Let’s get started tomorrow…There will be a new magazine…and you’re the perfect model…”

~~~~~~~~~~

          It’s been a month and the magazine that Ji Hyo is covered is already out. Many people praised and loved her beauty. She felt happy and contented that there is something that she can be proud of.

          She was in a photo shoot for next magazine issue with the model Lee Dong Wook-ssi. The shoot finishes already midnight that’s why Lee Dong Wook insisted to accompany her to her house. She refuses but he still insisted knowing it’s already midnight.

          They arrived at her house and she thanked him and he leaves. As she was about to enter her apartment a voice from her back makes her stop.

          “Is he the reason why can’t you marry me?...” Jong Kook said with a cold voice.