Chapter 20

Once in a lifetime

           Ji Hyo was exiting the CHJ Entertainment when someone called her name.

          “Song Ji Hyo-ssi…”

          She turns and looks who is it.

          “Ne~..?” she confused said. She doesn’t know him at all.

          “I’m Ha Dong Hoon…best friend of Jong Kook…” he bows and introduces himself.

          She also bows.

          “Can we talk Song Ji Hyo-ssi?...” Dong Hoon asked her. Ji Hyo said yes and they went to the nearest coffee shop. They sat on one of the table and Dong Hoon ordered coffee for the both of them.

          “First of all Ji Hyo-ssi..I thank you for coming into my Hyung’s life…I’m really happy that he changed so much because of you…I left 2 years ago to study in LA…It’s been hard for me to leave him alone…but he insisted that I should go…The day Eun Hye leaves him…that’s the first time I ever saw him break down…He almost wanted to kill himself…I didn’t leave me even a second because I’m afraid of what he might do…But slowly he recovered…however he’s not been the Hyung I know…” Dong Hoon said.

          Ji Hyo is just listening to him and felt how Ha Dong Hoon loves Jong Kook.

          “Then you came…He loves you Ji Hyo-ssi…and I know you feel the same…He told me everything…even the marriage proposal…Do you hate him now?...” Dong Hoon asked.

          “Aniyo~…I never hated him…It’s just I miss him so much…but I’m afraid that if I move closer to him..he might push me away…”

          “Do you know why Hyung is ignoring you?...”

          Ji Hyo shakes her head.

          “He’s trying to settle his own feelings…He really loves you but it’s been complicated for him…You’re taking the path that Eun Hye also taken…He’s afraid that what he felt back then will repeat…It’s like a trauma to him…Ji Hyo-ssi…please understand him…”

          “I won’t do that to him…Don’t worry I understand him…”

          “But can you tell me why did you walk out the other day at the taping of the CF?...”

          “I’m…just jea--lous…”

          Ha Dong Hoon smiles. “But haven’t you met him that day?...He followed you…”

          “Followed me??...I didn’t see him…”

          “How come?...He even runs to catch you…”

          Ji Hyo started to think. “Why I didn’t see him?...or maybe he saw Dong Wook hugging me..that’s why he back off…” her mind said.

          “Well beautiful Song Ji Hyo-ssi…Thanks for your time…I’ll be going…”

          Then he leaves.

~~~~~~~~~~

          It’s been three days since she met Ha Dong Hoon-ssi. It’s already 7 in the evening and she’s about to enter her apartment when Dong Hoon-ssi came in a rush.

          He was panting. “Song Ji Hyo-ssi…” he said with a tremble voice.

          “Ne~?..”

          “Hyung is…in pain”

          “WHAT?...Where is he?...Is he already in the hospital?...” she worriedly asked.

          “No..He’ still in his house…He doesn’t want to go to hospital…She wants you beside him…”

          “Aish…Kim Jong Kook…Let’s go Dong Hoon-ssi”

          They ride into Dong Hoon’s car and went to Jong Kook house. Ji Hyo is really nervous and worried for him. “What did he do?...He knows what the Doctor said to him…” she keeps on thinking.

          They arrived and Ji Hyo quickly got out the car and runs into his house. She entered the house but all she notices is the candles lighted and the lights where turn off except for the mid light.

          “Jong Kook-ah…Kim Jong Kook…” she calls him.

           But no one answered.

          “Jong Ko----…”

          A voice stops her.

“cham orae-dwan-nabwa / i mal chocha mosaek hal mankum

It must've been a long time. Long enough for these words to become colorless.
ni nunbinman bwado nol hwonhi ta anun

Even if I just see your eyes, I know everything,
ni chin-guchorom noye kurimja chorom

Like your friend, like your shadow.

         Jong Kook appears while holding one rose in his right hand. He slowly walks while singing. Ji Hyo started beating fast hearing his voice again and relief that he’s not in real pain.

“nul hamkke hae-nnabwa / niga himdul-ttaena sulpul ttae
We must've been together always. When you're having hard time and you are sad,
werowo hal-ttaedo ddo ibyol alh-koso
even when you're lonley. Holding onto seperation a bit longer,
apahal-ttaedo ni nunmul taggajul
Even when I'm hurting to wipe away your tears..

han namjaga-isso nol nomu saranghan
There's a man. Who loves you so much.
han namjaga isso saranghae maldo mo-tha-nun
There's a man. Who can't even say I love you.
ni gyote son nae-milmyon ggot tah-ul koriye
By your side I put my hand out and

at a path were you can always reach me
chasinboda agginun nol gachin naeka isso
I, who cherishes you more than myself, am with you.

norul utke hanuni-rochik keugonman saengga-kha-go
To make you laugh, I think of only that and
onje odisona norul barabogo
When and where ever you are I'm watching you and missing you.
nol kuriwo hago ni kokchongman hanun
And who worries of only you,

han namjaga-isso nol nomu saranghan
There's a man. Who loves you so much.
han namjaga isso saranghae maldo mo-tha-nun
There's a man. Who can't even say I love you.
ni gyote son nae-milmyon ggot tah-ul koriye
By your side I put my hand out and at a path were you can always reach me
chasinboda agginun nol gachin naeka isso
I, who cherishes you more than myself, am with you.

chonboncchum sam-kigo wo / tto manbonchum chuseuryo bojiman
For the thousandth time I swallow and again for ten thousandth time I try to set
ma-rha-go shipo michilgot katunde
everthing straight. I want to tell you. I think I'm going to go insane but.
nol warang nan an-go shipunde
I want to embrace you all at one but...

han yojaga isso iron nal morunun
There's a girl, who doesn't know I'm like this.
sarang badumyonso sarang injuldo morunun
Who receives love but doesn't even know that it is love.
namankum kkok pabogatun sulpun nol tugo
Leaving you, who is as foolish as I and sad,
I sun-gan-do nunmuri najiman haengbo-khan gol
At this moment tears come but I'm happy.
niga gyote itki ttaemun-iya
It's because you're by my side.”

Now he’s in front of her. He gave her the rose and Ji Hyo takes it. He hugs her tightly.

               “I’m sorry…I’m really sorry…I’m sorry about what I said…I’m really sorry…” his voice cracks.

               “I’m sorry too…Everything will be okay…” she said and a tear falls in her eyes. How much he misses this man?

He let go of the hug and hold her face then he look into her eyes.

                “I’m really sorry…I got scared I should’ve trusted you…I understand you now…I’m just here…I’m willing to wait for you even forever…I love you Song Ji Hyo…I love you so much…” he sincerely said and kiss her passionately.

~~~~~~~~~~

                 A man is looking at the magazines where Ji Hyo is the model. He smiles evilly. “Who would have thought you’ll be famous?...*evil grin*…Now it looks I can find you easily…I will surely make you pay…both of you…” his mind said.

~~~~~~~~~~

                Ji Hyo has been into the grocery and bought some food. While she was walking, she didn’t notice that there is a man who’s following her. When the man noticed that there is no one around he immediately grabs her and put to her nose the handkerchief with a medicine that makes her sleep.

                On the other side, Jong Kook keeps looking to his watch. “What took her so long?...It’s been an hour…” he thinks. He doesn’t know why but he has a bad feeling. Then his got a message on his handphone and he checks it.

          Message from Song Ji Hyo:

          Do you still want to see her? You should come here alone.

          The abandoned factory at Namdaemun.

          No cops. Just you alone.    

          The culprit also sends a picture of Ji Hyo. He hurriedly gets his jacket and car keys then he drove to Namdaemun. He calls Ha Dong Hoon.

          “Dong Hoon-ah…”

          “Ne~ Hyung…”

          “I’m going to the abandones factory at Nandaemun…Ji Hyo was kidnapped…If an hour past and I didn’t contact you…Go to the police station and get some help…Do you understand?...”

          “Ne Hyung…I understand...Let me come with you Hyung…It will be dangerous…”

          “No…They want me to be alone…They might hurt Ji Hyo if I didn’t follow them…I’ll be going…” then he hung up.

          He drove fast.

          “Song Ji Hyo…Just wait for me…I’m coming to save you…” his mind said.