Chapter 22

Once in a lifetime

          “Who are you?...” he said.

          Ji Hyo is flustered about what he said. She can’t find words to say.

          “Hyung…She’s Song Ji Hyo…It’s not a good joke…” Dong Hoon said.

          “Yah…I’m not joking…I don’t really know her…”

          “Me?...Do you know me?...What’s my name?...”

          “Ha Dong Hoon…Are you nuts my Dongsaeng?...”

          “But…I need to talk to Dr. Yoo Jae Suk…” Dong Hoon said and about to leave.

          “I’m coming with you…” Ji Hyo said and come with him.

          They went to Dr. Yoo Jae Suk office.

          “Dr. Yoo Jae Suk…What happen?...Jong Kook Hyung doesn’t remember anything about Song JI Hyo-ssi…” Dong Hoon asked.

          “Probably what’s happening to him was a selective memory loss…from a post-traumatic stress disorder…” Dr. Yoo Jae Suk said.

          “But how come it’s only one person Doc?...” Dong Hoon asked again.

          “Perhaps because the memories of that person were too painful too important that the strain made him forget those memories…”

          “Doc…How long will it last?...It will be back right?...” Ji Hyo asked him.

          “Six months but sometimes there are cases when they never come back…”

          Ji Hyo then felt devastated. “No this isn’t happening…” her mind said.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Two days after the day Jong Kook woke up. Ji Hyo is now walking to visit him again. Jong Kook is still confined because of his right leg. It strained too much because of what happen. Ji Hyo knocks into his room and enters.

          “Ji Hyo-ssi…” Dong Hoon said. Ji Hyo bows to him and when he looks at Jong Kook, she noticed his hand that’s now holding the hand of Eun Hye-ssi.  

          “Why are you here?...”  Jong Kook coldly said to her.

          “I just…came to visit you…”

          “You don’t need too…I’m sorry Miss but I don’t like stranger coming into my room…”

          His words hit her like an arrow. It hurts her so much.

          “But Hyung you don’t need to be harsh to her…” Dong Hoon said.  

          “No it’s okay Dong Hoon-ssi…I’ll be going…” Ji Hyo said.

          “But you don’t have to--…”

          “Just let her go Dong Hoon-ah…”

          Ji Hyo leaves his room and just walk. Dong Hoon followed her and grab her arm.

          “Ji Hyo-ssi…He didn’t intend to do that…We both know that…”

          “I’m fine Dong Hoon-ssi…” the she finally leaves.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Ji Hyo came back to the hospital the next day. She enters the room of him but he’s sleeping. She sat beside him and holds his hand.

          “If you didn’t save me this won’t happen to you Jong Kook-ah…Please come back to me…I hate seeing you like this…Please…I love you..” she said and tears fall into her eyes. Then the door opens and Eun Hye came in.

          “Can we talk Ji Hyo-ssi?...” she said.

          They went outside the hospital and go to the garden.

          “What do you want to talk about Eun Hye-ssi?...”

          “Jong Soo really likes you…He told me about that…but he can’t win against Jong Kook..he never wins…He have grudge with Jong Kook and because of you he did this cruel thing…Jong Kook will only be in danger when he’s with you..and he can’t remember you at all…So Please let him go…Never appear to him again…” she said to Ji Hyo.

          “Yoon Eun Hye-ssi…You’re forgetting something…I’m his girlfriend not you…He might not remember me now but soon he’ll be…You don’t have the right to tell me what I’m going to do…I know it’s my fault but you’re too much…He’ll come back to me..I’m sure of that…” she said and leaves.

          On the other side, Jong Kook woke up and watches television. Then he saw a CF of Song Ji Hyo with Lee Dong Wook. They were sweet and holding hands. When suddenly Lee Dong Wook pulled Ji Hyo and about to kiss her, Jong Kook turn off the television.

          “Waaa…This woman is getting into my nerves..” he irritated said and holds his chest. He was clueless why his heart is beating fast.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Ji Hyo came back to the hospital after three days. She got busy from the photoshoot . As she was walking into the hospital, she met Gong Yoo.

          “Ji Hyo-yah…” Gong Yoo called her.

          “Oppa..Why are you here?...”

          “I’m also a doctor here..and how about you?...”

          “I came here to visit my boyfriend…”

          “Boyfriend?...”

          “Ne~…He’s Kim Jong Kook…”

          “The soccer player?...”

          “Ne~…”

          They went to the garden and talk for while. Ji Hyo told everything to him, the kidnapped and Jong Kook’s memory loss.

          “Yah Song Ji Hyo…Why you didn’t told me about that? Be thankful that you’re fine…or else I’ll really get mad at you…I’m your Oppa and I always told you that I’m always here for you…”

          “I’m sorry Oppa…” she apologized.

          Gong Yoo pats her head and smiles.

          “But thanks God you’re okay and nothing bad happened to you…”

          They were at that scene when Jong Kook sees them. He was looking from the window. His heart beats fast again and he began to be irritated. “Why do I feel this towards her?...I hate it..” his mind said.

          He closed the window and went to back to bed.

          After minutes, Ji Hyo came into his room.

          “Hi..How are you feeling?...” she asked.

          “Why are you here again?...” he coldly said.

          “Well…I’—m…”

          “I hate seeing you…so please stop appearing in front me…” he angrily said.

          Ji Hyo’s tears started to fall.

          “But I’m…”

          “GET LOST!...” Jong Kook shouted.

          Ji Hyo went blank and hurt.

          “Get lost…I don’t to see your face again…” he continued.

          Ji Hyo bit her lip to prevent her from sobbing.

          “Is that what you want?...Fine…I’ll disappear in front of you…You won’t ever see me again…forever…You’re stupid..Kim Jong Kook…” she said and leaves.