Chapter 7

Once in a lifetime

            Days passed by easily. Ji Hyo is back to normal but she’s trying her best to avoid Jong Kook gazed and even to be near him. As she was cleaning Jong Kook talks to her.

          “Ji Hyo-yah..”

          “Ne~..Mr. Kim..” Ji Hyo was surprised when Jong Kook calls her informally.

          “So it’s okay to call you Ji Hyo-yah?..” He confirmed.

          “Ne~..”

         “Then call me Jong Kook..Mr. Kim is too formal..”

          “But Mr--..”

          “I said call me…Jong Kook..Araseo?”

          Then Ji Hyo just nodded.

          “Ji Hyo-yah..I need to ask favor to you..”

          “What is it Mr--..I mean Jong Kook-ah..” she felt happy inside by calling him like that.

          Jong Kook handed her the invitation. Ji Hyo gets it and opens it.

          “I really need to go there..but I can’t go there alone..Can you accompany me Ji Hyo-yah?..”

          Jong Kook looks at her with a pleading face. Ji Hyo reads the invitation. It’s about a reunion of soccer players.  

          “Soccer??..”

          “I’ve been a soccer player..”

          “Jinja?..Are you still playing?..”

          “Aniyo~..I’m retired 2 years ago..”

          “But why?..”

          “I’ve been injured badly and it’s the reason why I can’t play soccer ever again..So can you accompany me?..”

          Ji Hyo nodded to him. Jong Kook smiles and suddenly hugs her.

          “I thought you won’t agree..Thank you Ji Hyo-yah..”

          The electricity that Ji Hyo is avoiding is flowing again into her body.

          “Let’s go..”

          Jong Kook doesn’t want to think about what’s the reason to his sudden change. All he knows is he is happy and that’s what matters. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

          They go to a boutique and choose a dress for her. She tries each dress that Jong Kook chooses. In all the dresses, the simple black cocktail dress is chosen.

          “It fits you perfectly..” he said while amazingly looking at her.

          Ji Hyo felt shy as Jong Kook is staring at him.

          After that they go to salon and make over Ji Hyo. Jong Kook is just reading a magazine while waiting. After almost an hour, Ji Hyo walks towards him.

          “Jong Kook-ah..I’m done..”

          He looks at her from head to foot.

          “Woah..You’re really beautiful Ji Hyo-yah..” he said.

          “Thank you..”  she blushed.

          “Let’s go..” he said and point to her his arm.

          “Ne~?..”

          “Hold my arm Ji Hyo-yah..” he smiled to her.

          They set to go to the party. Ji Hyo is glamorously beautiful with her dress and simple make up and Jong Kook is elegant with his suit.

~~~~~~~~~~

          They both enter the function hall for the event. Everyone eyes were looking to them especially to Ji Hyo. The others were shocked to see Jong Kook attending the event. Every year the reunion is held and also invited him but he never attended.

          Jong Kook leans to whisper to Ji Hyo’s ear.

          “Everyone is amazed by your beauty Ji Hyo-yah..So don’t let go of my arm..They might stole you from me..”

          Ji Hyo just nodded. It’s been so long since she attended a party like this. Her Appa used to organized business party and as daughter she was always present to it. How much she missed her parents.

          A guy walks towards them and shake hands with Jong Kook.

          “It’s been a long time..Jong Kook-ah..I never thought you would attend..” he smiled.

          “Ne~..It’s really been a long time..But I’m here Coach Park..It took me a while..”

          “I’m glad you’re out of your shell..Is she the reason?..” Coach Park looks at Ji Hyo.

          “Aniyo~..I’m just his…friend..” Ji Hyo said.

          “Oh..Why?..You look good together..” Coach Park said.

          “She’s just shy Coach..if you’ll excuse us..” Jong Kook said then they walk to get some food.

~~~~~~~~~~

          After they eat, Jong Kook went to the rest room and Ji Hyo is left alone. A guy walks toward her.

          “Hi..Where is Jong Kook?..” he asked.

          “He’s in the rest room..”

          “Ahhh..So..Are you his girlfriend?..”

          Ji Hyo felt confused if he should talk to this stranger.

          “No..” she just said to him.

          “Wew..I know it..He would never forget Eun--..”

          He didn’t finish what he’s saying because Jong Kook came.

          “What do you think you’re doing Jong Soo-ah?!..” Jong Kook said.

          “Nothing Hyung..I’m talking to her so she will not be bored..”

          Jong Soo left them and Jong Kook worriedly looks at her.

          “Ji Hyo..Are you alright?..”

          “I’m okay..”

          “He’s a quite player..Beware of him..” he warned her.

          Ji Hyo just nodded. She felt clueless of what Jong Soo said. ‘Eun’ who is ‘Eun’???

          “Ji Hyo-yah..” Jong Kook pokes her face because she’s not responding.

          “Ne~?..”

          “You’re day dreaming..I said..Shall we dance?..” he shyly smiled.

         She blushed as seeing Jong Kook smiling like that. How much she wants to grab him and hug him tightly. “WAAAAAHHH..What Ji Hyo-yah..HUG HIM? Are you crazy?!!..Why you’re thinking like that???..*shake head* I think I’m getting crazy.. -__-“she said in her mind.

          Jong Kook held her hand and they walk to the dance floor. The music is ‘Nothings Gonna Change my Love for You’. He put his both hands in her waist and she also puts her both hands in his shoulders. They were swaying into the music. Jong Kook only looks at her but Ji Hyo is just looking somewhere else. She can’t stand the small glaring eyes of Jong Kook. Her heart keeps on beating crazy.

          “Ji Hyo-yah..Look at me..” Jong Kook said with a sweet voice. 

          “I ca-n’t..” she said nervously.

          “Just look at me..”

          Then Ji Hyo slowly moves her eyes to look at Jong Kook. “*thump thump thump* Here it goes again…My crazy heart beat..Can I just be buried here?..I don’t think I can stand it..Having him this close..I think I will faint in any moment...Please end the song…Please” her mind said.

          To her wish the song ended and after an hour they went home. They were almost to his house when suddenly the car machines broke down. He tried to start it again but it won’t.

          “I’m sorry..I think we should walk through here..”

          Then they started to walk. Ji Hyo didn’t see the rock in the ground that causes her to fall. Luckily Jong Kook was able to hold her but she already hurt her foot because of her heels.

          “Are you alright?..”

          “Ne~..Let’s just continue to walk..” Ji Hyo tried to step her feet but it aches.

          “You can’t walk..Maybe your foot got sprain..Just get on in my back..”

          Jong Kook piggybacks her and started to walk. They were in front of the gate when suddenly Jong Kook let her go down. Ji Hyo was just standing and confusedly looking at Jong Kook. He was looking at the woman who’s standing in front of the gate.

          “Eun Hye-ah…” he said.

          The woman turns to him and bitterly smiles.

          “It’s been a long time..Jong Kook-ah..”