Chapter 3

Once in a lifetime

 

          He get out in his room and check Ji Hyo-ssi but as he got out in his room. He saw Ji hyo-ssi wobbling in the chair and before she fell he was able to catch her because of his fast reflexes.

          “You should be careful..Ji Hyo-ssi..” he said.

          He looks into her eyes. He didn’t know why there is this effect by just looking at her. “She’s really beautiful..” he said in his mind. But before he drawn into the effect he let her go down from his arms.

          “Kamsahamnida..” she said shyly and shock.

          He just nod and go back again into his room. Jong Kook shakes his head as he sits into his bed. He shouldn’t think this way. Why does he felt like she has some magic that captured him? “Aniya~ I should not get it into my mind..She will not ruin what I am now..No one can bring me back to my old self..No one..” his mind said.

          Jong Kook is one of the best soccer players back then. But because of the accident that happened to him. His knee was seriously affected. He even hadn’t able to walk for about half year.

          Flashback: 3 years ago

          “Here comes Kim Jong Kook…and…..GOAL…” said the announcer.

          It was a championship game and they win because of their MVP player Kim Jong Kook. They were all happy. Carrying Jong Kook and shouting Manse! (Long Live).

          Jong Kook was looking around in the audience searching for someone. He saw her, the one he loves deeply. The yeoja he wants to marry.

          “Eun Hye-ah..” he called her and wave his hand.

          Eun Hye looks at him and smile.

~~~~~~~~~~

          “Will you marry me?..” Jong Kook proposes to her.

          Their having dinner when suddenly Jong Kook kneel down and propose to Eun Hye.

          She was surprised and very happy. She really loved him and she wants to live her life with him.

          “Yes..Jong Kook-ah..I will marry you…” she said.

          Jong Kook put the ring on Eun Hye’s finger and hugs her.

          “Saranghae~..” he said to her and kiss her lips.

 

~~~~~~~~~

          It was almost 3:00 in the morning, Jong Kook was driving from Daegu going back home in Seoul. When suddenly there is a rushing truck going into his lane. He tried to grip his wheel and change direction but it was already too late.

          *BLLLLAAAAAAGGG..Car crashing..Ambulance siren..*

          He opened his eyes and look around. His in the hospital his one foot is in cast. The door opens and Eun Hye came in.

          “Are you okay?..Do you need anything?..” she worriedly asks him.

          He shakes his head and look at her.

          “What happen to my foot?..”

          Eun Hye doesn’t know how to answer him.

          “Eun Hye-ah..answer me..why do I can’t feel anything with my foot?..Oh~ Waeyo?..”

          She moves closer to him and hug him. Then Jong Kook started to cry.

          “Everything will be okay..Jong Kook-ah..The doctor said it will take 6 months but you can recover..”

          He was devastated because of what’s happening to him. His dream was torn apart. He can’t ever play soccer again.

~~~~~~~~~~

          After 3 months, Jong Kook is slowly recovering but he can never play soccer again according to the Doctor. He was really down when he knew it.

          It’s been a week when Eun Hye last visited him. He even calls her but no one is answering. But then a letter came. He opens and read it.

          Dear Jong Kook,

                   Jinja Mianhe~..You know I love you..but I need to do this..

          I need to go to New York for 3 years..There is a big opportunity that was given to me..

          I can be a well known model..You know that’s what I dreamed of..

                   I’m so sorry Jong Kook-ah..I’ll never forget you..I love you..

                                                                                      From Eun Hye

          As he reads the letter, tears started to fall down from his eyes. He crumpled the paper and throws it into the garbage. “How can you do this to me? Eun Hye-ah..I loved you..But still you left me..Is it because I’m useless now?!..”  he said in his mind.

          End of Flashback

          Jong Kook erased the thought of the past. After that day, he changes into a different person. He never trust and fall in love to someone. He has been hurt too much and he thinks he can’t handle it anymore. So now he’s the new Jong Kook, cold as ice and hard hearted.