Chapter 16

Once in a lifetime

          “Are you okay?...” she worriedly asked.

          Jong kook also has cold sweats and Ji Hyo is really worried about him.

          “I’m okay…Let’s go…” he said.

          He tries to step his foot again but it hurts even more. He’s injured knee and leg is aching badly. Ji Hyo helps him to sit in the bench. Ji Hyo is getting nervous and Min Young is also worried of her Tiger Ahjussi.

          “This won’t do…Let’s go to the hospital…”

          “We don’t ne-ed to..”

          “You’re aching badly…Let’s go…”

          She supports him until they reach his car. Ji Hyo’s the one who drove the car into the hospital.

          “Tiger Ahjussi…Does it hurt a lot?...”

          “Don’t worry Min Young…I’m okay…” he said even it really hurts like hell.

          He gritted his teeth to prevent him from shouting.

          They reach the hospital and Jong Kook is immediately treated by the Doctor. Jong Kook fell asleep because of the pain killer.

          Ji Hyo approaches the Doctor.

          “Is he okay Doc?...”

          “Yes…He stretches his muscles too much…You knew that he was badly injured in his right knee and leg right?...”

          Ji Hyo nodded.

          “Don’t let him do too much work that will force his right knee and leg…It will be bad for him…but now he’s okay…just let him rest…”

          “Thank you so much Doc…” then the Doctor leaves.

          She sits next to him who’s now lying on the bed and sleeping. She held her hand tightly. “I’m really sorry…I don’t know that this will happen…What if…what if…what if…*shakes head*…He’ll be okay…” her mind said.

          “Unnie…Tiger Ahjussi will be okay right?..” Min Young asked her.

          “He’ll be okay…He’s a tiger…” she smiles.

          Min Young smiled at her and hugs her. After 3 hours, Jong Kook is still sleeping and Min Young also fell asleep. Ji Hyo slouches because she felt sleepy too and she held Jong Kook hand but it tightens up sign that his already awake. She looks at him worriedly.

          “How are you feeling?...Does it still hurt?...”

          Jong Kook shakes his head and smiles. But Ji Hyo started to cry.

          “I’m sorry…I’m really sorry…because of us this happens…”

          Seeing Ji Hyo like that Jong Kook immediately holds her face and wipes her tears.

          “I’m sorry…I’m sorry…” Ji Hyo keeps on saying.

          “Hey…Ji Hyo-yah…It’s not your fault…Stop crying…” but she still keeps on crying. Jong Kook hugs her tightly and pats her back.

          “I don’t know what I will do if something bad happens to you…I’m really sorry I shouldn’t let you come with us…” she said.

          “It’s no one’s fault Ji Hyo-yah…I just push myself too much…You know no one can beat my eagerness to win…So please don’t blame yourself…I hate seeing you crying…”

          Ji Hyo stops crying. Jong Kook let go of the hug and her sit.

          “It’s nothing…I’m okay…Don’t worry and don’t blame yourself..”

          Ji Hyo just nodded half heartedly. Then the Doctor walks towards them.

          “Kim Jong Kook-ssi…This is a supporter for your knee you stretches too much of your muscles…What did you do?...” he asked and gave the supporter to him.

          “I just did a little running…” he lied.

          “I don’t think it’s just a little as you said…The pain you felt can be doubled if you keep on doing too much work or running…You know it can affect your injured knee and leg…Please avoid it…”

          “Ne~..Doc I understand…”

          “Wear that supporter for 1 week…and drink the medicine I gave you it’s for the pain...and please do hot compress on your knee…You can go home now and rest…”

          “Thank you very much Doc…” he said and the Doctor leaves.

          They went home still Ji Hyo is the one who drives the car. When they arrive, Ji Hyo carried the sleeping Min Young and went inside the house.

          “You can lay her in the guest room…” Jong Kook said.

          Ji Hyo did what he said. Jong Kook who’s now wearing the supporter on his knees, sits in the sofa. After laying Min Young in the bed, she went straight to the kitchen and prepared a warm water and small towel for the hot compress of Jong Kook.

          She walks towards him and sits to the sofa. Jong Kook took off the supporter and puts his right foot into the sofa. Then Ji Hyo puts the warm small towel in Jong Kook’s right knee.

          “Does it still hurt?...” she asked.

          “No…”

          “Better…” she said with a sign of relief.

          “Did I really make you worried too much?...” he asked.

          “Ne~…It’s the first time I’ve seen you in pain…You were so strong and I got scared that what if it has a severe effect on you…”

          “I’m sorry for startling you…but don’t worry I’m strong as Tiger…” he smiles.

          Ji Hyo just smiles at him and continue the hot compress on his knee and leg. Jong Kook is just looking at her.

          “Ji Hyo-yah…”

          “Hmm?...”

          “Will you marry me?...”