Chapter 24

Once in a lifetime

          “Because I love you Ji Hyo-yah…I always do…” Gong Yoo confessed.

          “Oppa…” Ji Hyo didn’t know what to say.

          “I love you as my sister Ji Hyo-yah…That’s why I’m worried about you…” he said.

          He really meant what he said. He really loves Ji Hyo as a woman not as a friend or sister. But looking at her she doesn’t want to add to her problems. He knows that Ji Hyo still loves Jong Kook and he thought it will never change. But he’s now relieved that he said it to her.

          “Do you want to drink soju Ji Hyo-yah?...”

          She nodded and they went to a snack bar. After an hour, Ji Hyo already finished her bottle of soju.

          “Are you okay?..” Gong Yoo asked her.

          “Ne~..” She replied and already drunk.

          Gong Yoo get his handphone and calls someone.

          “You can come here now…Kim Jong Kook-ssi” Gong Yoo said.

          Then he hung up.

          Flashback

          Before going to Busan, Gong Yoo went to Jong Kook’s house. He pushes the doorbell and Jong Kook let him in.

          “What are you doing here?...” Jong Kook asked.

          “Kim Jong Kook-ssi…I’m here to tell you something…”

          “What is it?...”

          “Song Ji Hyo is your girlfriend…You got a selective memory loss after you save her from being kidnapped…I’m sorry but I need to say this to you…I hate seeing her hurting and suffering because of you…and what I hate the most is even though you’re the reason behind it…You’re still the one who can make her happy…”

          Jong Kook got confused. “I’m sorry but---…” he said but Gong Yoo cut him out.

          “I’m saying the truth…You can ask your friend or anyone else…I’m not doing this for you Kim Jong Kook-ssi…All I care about is Song Ji Hyo…I’m going to her…if you want to see her you can come with me…but if you’re not…I’m sorry but I’ll never bring her back to you…”

          Hearing those words confused Jong Kook at the same time hurts him. The words ‘never bring her back to you’ hit him like lightning.

          “Then I’ll be going…” Gong Yoo said and turns his back and walks but as he opens the door Jong Kook speaks.

          “I’m coming with you…”

          Then they go together but Jong Kook uses his own car. He just followed Gong Yoo’s car.

          “I’m really confused but all I know is my heart keeps beating abnormally when I hear her name…Song Ji Hyo…” his mind said.

          End of Flashback

          Jong Kook walks towards the table where Ji Hyo and Gong Yoo are. Gong Yoo stands up and looks at him seriously.

          “I’ll be going…Please take care of her…” Gong Yoo said and leaves but Jong Kook voice stops him.

          “You love her…but why are you doing this?...” Jong Kook asked.

          “I already told you…that the only one who can make her happy is you…not me or anyone else…just you…and I hope you find it in your heart…Goodbye…” then he leaves.

          Jong Kook sighs and sits beside Ji Hyo. She lifts her head and looks at him with her sleepy eyes.

          “YAH KIM JONG KOOK~!…” she shouted and he got startled. “Aiiissshhh~ I might be really drunk..How come I’m seeing him right now?...” she said.

          “Song Ji Hyo-ssi…” he said.

          “Ne~ Ne~ Ne~…Song Ji Hyo-ssi…I’m Song Ji Hyo-ssi…” she said drunk.

          Jong Kook thinks that it won’t do she’s already drunk. He piggybacks her and started to walk to bring her home. While they’re walking at the seaside.

          “Oppa~…Kim Jong Kook Oppa~…I haven’t even get the courage to call him that way…but I don’t have the chance anymore…He completely forgot everything about me…”

          Jong Kook is just listening to her.

          “Do you know how it hurts?...I feel sorry about what happened to him…He saved me...I am the one who should get the hit of the bat not him…I want to say thank you but he hates seeing me…”

          “So that’s why you moved here so you will not see him anymore?...” Jong kook asked.

          “Aniyo~…Because he doesn’t want to see me anymore…I don’t want to see him hating me…It hurts badly and it kills me inside…I miss him everyday…I’m worried about him…I want to be beside him…I love---” then she fell asleep.

          Jong Kook realizes that she already fell asleep. She brings her home. He knocks on the door and Min Young opens it.

          “TIGER AHJUSSI~!!...” Min Young said excitedly and hugs him.

          “Where is your room? She’s already sleeping…” he said to her and Min Young guided him to where is it. After she laid her to bed, he walks to the door.

          “Tiger Ahjussi…” Min Young called him. Jong Kook turns to her.

          “Hmmm?...”

          “My Unnie said that I won’t ever meet you again..but you’re here…Unnie isn’t right…”

          “Is your Unnie been sad lately?..” he asked.

          “Ne~…I saw her cry too…Tiger Ahjussi make her happy…I don’t want to see Unnie like that…”

          Jong Kook smiles to her and pats her head. “Don’t worry I’ll make her happy…Don’t tell me you’ve seen me…It will be out secret” then they do the promise pinky fingers.

~~~~~~~~~~

          *A week after that day…*   

         “Min Young-ah where are we going?...” Ji Hyo asked her because she keeps on dragging her.

          “You’ll see Unnie…”

          It’s already 5 in the afternoon and the sun is about to set. Min Young drags her into the seaside. They stops and Min Young positioned herself in front of her and opens her sketch book to make her Unnie reads it.

          “Unnie…I have a favor…” Ji Hyo reads it and Min Young turns the page.

          “Don’t turn your head from now on…” she reads again and Min Young turns it again.

          “Because there is someone…” she reads then Min Young closed her sketch book.

        “Someone?...Who’s someone?...Yah Min Young-ah don’t play tricks on me…Unnie will get mad at you…”

          Min Young just smiles at her. Then she heard a guitar playing at the back of her and that someone started singing.

“Been thinking about you baby 
And I don't know what to do 
All I think about is you 
Seems everything around me 
Things I've never understood 
They all make sense when I'm with you. 

Oh, I've heard it all before 
Finding so called love then you leave it behind 
But now I feel so sure 
I listen to my heart this time 
So I lay it on the line

I know that what I've found is once in a lifetime 
And I know there's no way out 
Cause it's once in a lifetime 

I've always been so lonely 
No one there for me to hold 
And every night was just so cold 
Oh don't get me wrong I've been around 
But I've resigned myself to thinking 
Mine is just another story often told 

Oh, I've heard it all before 
Finding so called love then you leave it behind 
But now I feel so sure 
I listen to my heart this time 
Put my heart before my mind

I know that what I've found is once in a lifetime 
And I know there's no way out 
Cause it's once in a lifetime 

It's not like I'm running out of time
I'm taking everything in stride 
It's just I never thought I'd find 
What would make me change my mind”

           Every word hits her like bullet. It’s like telling it to her word by word. She knows who it is. She can’t be mistaken it’s him. After he sung, she finally turns her back and saw him smiling brightly. Tears started to fall from her eyes.

          “I’m sorry Ji Hyo-yah…I’m really sorry I’m late...” he apologized.    

          “Do you remember me now?...”

          Jong Kook nodded. “I’m sorry…I’ve said words that hurt you…I’m sorry that I push you away…”

          “What happen?...How did you--?...”

          “I’ve dreamt everything about you...and when I woke up…I finally remember you…Silly right?...But Ji Hyo-yah…my heart never forgets about you…when you disappeared it’s seems that someone is lacking from me…and it was you…it was always you…Today is the last day of our agreement remember?…the 3 months rule…” he kneels into the sand and get something to his jacket.

          “Let me prove to you that I will love you forever Song Ji Hyo…Only you…” and he opens the box and the ring appears. “Will you marry me?...”  

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[a/n: Hi there readers...Thank you for reading ^~^...Hmmm that song is 'Once in a lifetime by freestyle'...It's a very good song listen to it while reading this...Just search it on youtube.. ^~^ SPARTACE MANSE~! I hope you'll like it..Enjoy..."