You can't go

I Realized that I Love Her

 

After you packed your things you went down stairs to help your mom in the kitchen.

“Hi mom, what’s for dinner?” you sat at the stool and watched the back of your mother.

“I’m just going to cook my specialties and order some food,” your mom said.

“Why order food?” you asked.

“Call over your friends, I want you all to celebrate for your graduation party tonight,” she said.

You peered at her, “We can celebrate tomorrow after the ceremony, why tonight?”

“Because right after the ceremony you’re going to depart going to California,” she muttered softly.

“Oh,” was all you can say. Your face fell to the thought.

Mrs. Shin turned around and walked towards you. She hugged you from behind and laid her chin to your shoulder.

“Oh sweetie, what’s with the long face? Cheer up and call your friends to come over,” she patted your side. You know that she’s holding back her tears all along, but she leave a genuine smile on her face that will say that she’s going to be alright and you’re not going to be worried about her.

“Make sure you invite Chunji too and especially…” she paused and looked at you, straight to your eyes.

“Howon,” she continued with a cocky smile on her face. Your face automatically heated up as you remembered what happened earlier.

“Err. Yeah mom,” you docked your head. Avoiding your mom’s eyes as you walked away from the kitchen.

*Aigoo, my baby is growing and her heart too. I can’t believe she will like Howon too,* your mom chuckled from the thought and continues chopping the vegetables.

You went to your room and looked for your phone.

You saw it on the night stand and called Infinite and Teen Top to have a dinner in your place.

After a few minutes, everyone arrived in your place. Your mom warmly welcomed each one of them.

“UMMA!!” Woohyun ran to your mom and gave her a tight hug. You chuckled at the sight.

“Aigoo, you sure are taller than me now Woohyun-ah,” your mom ruffled his hair. He smiled and nodded.

Infinite was like your mother’s other son and Yuuki as her second daughter. And she’s happy to see them all.

Later on Teen Top came, the door bell rang and your mom opened the door.

“Good evening,” Chunji greeted and everyone bowed their heads for respect. You came running to the door and saw Teen Top.

Ricky and Niel got brightened by your sight.

“NOONA!” the both of them shouted with joy and came running towards you and hugged you tight.

 “Hyper much?” you giggled.

Ricky and Niel released you and bowed again to your mom.

“Oh mom, this is Niel,” you patted his shoulder. “Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Niel nice to meet you,” he beamed.

Everyone in Teen Top introduced themselves to your mother.

She clapped happily and looked at them.

“Aigoo… I have new sons then,” she beamed. Puzzlement crossed Teen Top’s faces.

You explained to them what does she meant by that and they all agreed and welcome their new ‘mom’ into their lives.

“Make yourself at home, okay?” Teen Top nodded and smiled.

“Yojeong’s mom is like her, neh? So kind and beautiful,” Ricky whispered to Niel. Niel can’t agree more.

Your mom motioned Teen Top to join Infinite in the living room.

You were about to go with them but your mom pulled you back.

“Someone is missing,” your mom whispered.

“Who?” You asked, alerted. You were sure that you called everyone.

“Howon. Did you call him?” you nodded. “Maybe he went somewhere else or what,” your mom nodded.

You were about to go to the living room but stopped when you hear the doorbell rang. You ran to the door and opened it.

“Annyeong-“ you stopped. You were surprised but got to relax right away.

“Hi Howon,” you smiled at him.

Your smile melted his heart. He whole-heartedly smiled back.

“Come in,” Hoya stepped in. Out of nowhere your mom appeared in the sight and welcomed him.

“Aigoo, Howon-ah!” your mom gave him a tight hug and he hugged her back.

“Sorry if I’m late,” your mom shook her head.

“No no, it’s okay. And you’re just in time. Yojeong walked Howon with you to the living room,” you flushed and nodded.

“Come,” you beckoned him. Everyone’s eyes were on Hoya and cheered.

“Where have you been? Did you get stuck on traffic?” Dongwoo joked, everyone laughed including you.

“Your house is just right over there, why you took so long?” Dongwoo added.

Howon just smiled and shook his head. He came to Dongwoo side and glared at him for a moment.

“Yeah yeah, funny,” he punched Dongwoo’s arm.

Your mom went to the dining room to serve the food she cooked. Dongwoo saw her and ran towards her.

“Auntie auntie, Hoya punched me in the arm,” Dongwoo hid behind your mom’s back.

“Aigoo, did it leave a bruise?” your mom pampered.

Dongwoo lift his sleeves up and pretend to whimper. Your mom slightly slaps his arm.

“Aigooo, stop fighting and get ready for dinner,” your mom went back to the kitchen.

In the kitchen there’s Woohyun, Sunggyu and Myungsoo helping your mom preparing the food.

The food delivery came and Yejun received the food then put it down on the table.

“Mom, the food is here!” Yejun shouted. “Okay!” she replied.

Your house became loud and only shouts, music and laughs you can hear. The boys in the room became wild. You peeked from the kitchen to see what the boys were doing. You saw Niel, Ricky and Changjo were dancing to Fantastic Baby. Niel was the energetic out of the three, he even moved a chair on the center to sit on and imitate G-Dragon.

They were all out of control, everyone joined the dance craze. You heard Niel shouted like he was madly enjoying the dance.

“It looks like they are having fun,” Sunggyu chuckled. “Yep, and they are going crazy,” you shook your head. You helped Sunggyu with the plates.

Everything is already. Your mom brought the last food on the table and called everyone over.

Everyone cheered and congratulated the graduates, and then you all started to dig in. And as usual Dongwoo eats like there’s no tomorrow.

“Whoa easy dino, you might choke on your food,” Woohyun said and handed him a water.

“It has been a while since I last eat auntie’s cook, it feels like it came from heaven that sent to me and eat all of them,” everyone laughed.

“Eat well Dongwoo-ah,” your mom said.

“Enjoy the food everyone,” she added.

After the scrumptious dinner, Dongwoo volunteered to wash the dishes and let your mom rest. Yuuki volunteered too but she backed out when she knew that Dongwoo volunteered too.

“Yah, why did you back out? Let’s wash the dishes together,” Dongwoo pouted.

“Nah, I’m just going to clean the table. I don’t want to work with you I might throw all the plates at you,” Yuuki snarled.

Mrs. Shin chuckled and shook her head.

L.Joe, Niel, and the maknaes offer to help too.

“Auntie, we’ll handle this. Sit right here and enjoy the show,” Dongwoo said as he sat her on the couch.

The other boys the karaoke and sing for your mom. Woohyun was the first one to sing, he sung one of your mom’s favorite song.

Watching your friends like this feel like you don’t want to go anymore. It’s a big family you got here. You smiled and went to the kitchen to help but Yejun shooed you away.

You decided to watch with your mom but you stopped on your tracks when you saw the door on the balcony open. You peered over to see whose outside. You recognized the back of the figure and smile.

Without hesitation you went to the balcony.

You stood right beside at Hoya and leaned on the railing.

You inhaled the cold breeze and exhaled with a satisfying smile.

“Refreshing, huh?” you said. Hoya nodded.

“What are you doing out here?” you asked, glancing at the dim neighborhood.

Hoya shrugged, “Nothing, just getting some fresh air. How about you?” he looked at you.

“I saw you out here, so I just want to join you here,” you gave him a heart melting smile. He can’t help but to smiled back.

“Thanks,” was all he could say.

There was silence between the two of you, it‘s not awkward, it’s a pleasant silence and you two were comfortable to each company.

You thought about your departure tomorrow, and then your expression became different.

“I’m leaving,” you sighed.

Hoya turned his head at you, “What?”

You took a deep breath, “I’m departing tomorrow,”

“Departing where?” his brows furrowed.

“I got admitted to Stanford University in California,” you let out a sigh.

“When?” Hoya was terrified inside and out, but he can still manage to look calm.

“Two days after the results came out. It was shock I know, I was shocked too. But I can’t let this opportunity go,” you lowered your head.

Hoya didn’t know what to do; he just looked at your sad face.

“But that’s not what you applied for, right?” you nodded.

“But I think this could be a great opportunity for me, right?” *For you it is, but to me it’s not.*

“You… can’t… go,” Hoya muttered. You were surprised by his words.

“What?” you blinked your eyes many times, trying to absorb what he just said.

He turned to you and say it again, “You can’t go,” Hoya said with a straight face.

You looked through his eyes, checking if he is really serious.

“Why?” you asked.

“Because…” Hoya uttered. *Because I haven’t told you how I really feel about you. I need you Yojeong, don’t leave me,* You slightly leaned your ear to him.

“Because?” You repeated.

Hoya took a deep breath.

“Because I-“ Hoya stopped. Sungjong appeared and yanked the two of you out of the balcony.

“Picture!!” Sungjong happily shouted. The graduates take their positions; you were stood beside Hoya and glanced at him.

“Okay graduates, eyes here. Say kimchi!”

“Kimchi!” Niel snapped a photo.

You glanced at Hoya uneasily and he too glanced at you. You smiled and he smiled back.

You thought of what he said earlier, “You can’t go,” those three words made your heart tightened in your chest.

You got daze and think about it, *I wish the admission got it wrong,* you prayed.

 

Annyeong~ here it is :) as I promised, 10 comments then i will update :) kekeke~ this chapter is supposed to be soooo loooong but i decided to cut it hihihi~ :) so on the next chapter EVERYTHING WILL BE REVEAL :) yes EVERYTHING between Hoya and Yojeong :) <3 excited? then just wait for the next chapter :)

gif credits to @TEENTOP4ANGEL :) 

if you haven't watch Teen Top's cover of Fantastic Baby watch it now (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h17GFPEe1Lo) I never get tired from watching this XDD aigoo my crazy boys XD

Thank you so much for subscribing and commenting. Keep it coming :)

songhyunki