Good 'opportunity'

I Realized that I Love Her

 

The day after you find out what’s on that envelope, you were upset, mad, and disappointed. All your hard work went to another school that you didn’t applied for. You tell the others and seek help.

Infinite and Yuuki and Yejun piled up in your house, and so is Teen Top. They got worried of you too.

Chunji came in late and rushed inside; he saw the others in your living room, surrounding you.

Chunji squeezed himself through and saw you sulking on the couch. Yuuki and Sunggyu was beside you trying to comfort you.

He came in front of you and bent down to your level.

“What happened?! Did you get hurt? Where?” He examined your face.

You didn’t reply and handed him the envelope unconsciously. He furrowed his eyebrows, and then opened it slowly.

He was shocked to what he saw and at the same time he looked at you then back to the letter.

“You’re going away? You applied to this school? But wait, you only applied for one school but why you got admitted to Stanford,” you winced by the name of the school. You looked at him with pity in your eyes.

“I don’t know either, I think this is the reason why is my name not on the list,” you lowered your head.

“Why don’t you take an entrance exam again?” Yejun asked. You shook your head.

“There’s no more time. All schools already closed their entrance examinations. I swear I only applied for Seoul University and nothing else,” you let out a heavy sigh.

All of them became quiet and think what they should do. Could this be a mistake, or the school accidentally did something that they didn’t notice.

“Have you called our school to check on it?” Sungyeol asked.

“Yes, but they were not picking up,” you sighed. Everyone furrowed their eyebrows.

“When is the departure?” CAP asked.

“This week,” you replied.

Everyone gasped.

“When will it be this week?” Niel step forward. You nibbled your bottom lip.

“Saturday,” everyone was shocked. Their eyes were bugged out of their sockets.

“WHAT?! On the day of our graduation?! That’s two days from now,” Woohyun shouted in wrath.

“But what if it’s really for you noona?” Ricky said. L.joe smacked his head.

“You’re not helping at all, just shut your mouth,” L.joe hissed.

“Sorry noona,” Ricky bowed and went to Changjo’s side instead.

You smiled and shook your head.

“Stanford is a great opportunity, don’t you think guys?” everyone widened their eyes at you. Did they hear the right thing?

*Great ‘opportunity’?* L thought to himself. *I wonder what’s on her mind…* L wondered. L examined you and your actions.

“Are you serious?!” Woohyun shouted in rage.

L.Joe reached for Ricky, but Ricky got to avoid his grasped and went to CAP this time.

“HYUNG!” Ricky cried out.

“Yah yah, it’s not the right time for fighting,” CAP scolded.

“Does Hoya hyung know about this?” Sungjong suddenly asked. You shot up by the name and lift your face up.

“No,” you firmly said.

“I’m going to tell him soon,” you ended.

 “Yojeongie, we will find a way how to solve it. There must be a mistake,” Sunggyu patted your shoulders and assured you. Everyone nodded.

“Thank you guys,” you meekly smiled.

“Okay!” Chunji stood up. “Let’s do this! Let’s find out what’s wrong with this,” Chunji continued.

Everyone joined in.

A smile came to your lips; you don’t know how to thank all of them since they are all there beside you. They will do anything to make you feel better.

*_______*______*

You were sitting at the porch, thinking if that letter is just an accident or an opportunity for you.

“Miss Shin, you should apply for Stanford University. It’s a great opportunity for you to be on that university with your good potentials,” Mr. Kim the principal suggested.

“I have no interest of attending such school, sir. Beside we don’t have that enough money to pay the fees for that school,” you honestly spoke.

“But you can take an examination for a scholarship Miss Shin,” you shook your head.

“I don’t think that will do sir. Thank you for your suggestion. I should go now, I have class,” you bowed.

The principal nodded and smiled.

“If ever you change your mind Miss Shin,” you bowed once more and left.

*Did the school trick me? Or should I go so that I won’t be seeing him again?* you let out an exasperated sigh.

L was walking around, when he spotted you at the porch. He walked towards you, and sat beside you.

“Noona?” you turned your way to him.

A smile automatically came to your lips.

“What if I just go?” you softly muttered.

L shook his head.

“No, noona, that’s not even yours so why should you go?”

“What if it’s really meant for me? What if the school picked that school for me because of my ability?” you let out a sigh.

“The school should ask you about it first, not like this. They’re just going to sent you an admission letter to sent you out to a school that you don’t even like,”

*But the school did ask me first but I refused,* you sulked.

“The hyungs will find a way noona,” L put his arms around you and comforted you for a while.

You stared out of the pace, thinking.

___*___*___

It’s Friday, thinking about tomorrow’s event will change your life completely. You told your parents about the admission letter that you received. They give you a full support and they decided if that’s what makes you happy.

You arrived at the school gate to attend the last graduation ceremony practice. It won’t be that too long.

On the other hand your friends were busy going in and out to the principal’s office and to the faculty.

They were not going to attend the last practice today just for your sake, to check if it’s really yours. But you didn’t know the reason why they are not attending today.

At the hall, you were sitting quietly in your chair when suddenly someone came and notice you right away. His stomached churned at the sight of you, he haven’t seen you in a while.

He sat at the row of seats where you were seated. You noticed someone sat in the corner of your eyes; you recognized him right away and froze to your seat. You two were apart by the four seats between the two of you.

You were staring to your front hoping that there’s nothing going to happen between the two of you.

Hoya simply moves to the next seat to come closer to you. He took a glimpse of you then he moved to another seat.

You noticed that he was moving beside you, you furrowed your eyebrows and sit still in your position.

Hoya finally moved to another one, one more left he would be by your side. He took a glimpse of you once more and slowly move to the last seat.

When suddenly,

“Please stand up and proceed to your places, we will be practicing receiving the diploma now,” you stood up fast and went fast to the front.

Hoya sighed and he also stood up and ran behind you.

*I think this will not be easy,* Hoya scratched his head.

__*__*__

“Excuse me, can you check it again? It’s Shin Yojeong she applied at Seoul University,” Chunji pleaded.

“I’m sorry but it says here she applied for Stanford University, not Seoul University,” the girl irritatingly said.

“Are you really sure?” Chunji checked.

The girl sighed, tired of checking your file for the umpteenth time.

“Yes, I’m really sure. Why don’t you check it to yourself?” 

The girl hand her laptop to Chunji, he checked it. When he typed your name again, his face brightened.

“Here,” he cheerfully hand the laptop back to the girl. “See?” Chunji smiled proudly.

*___*___*___*

The practice has ended, you went straight home. You have to pack for tomorrow’s departure, you quickened your pace so that Hoya won’t gonna follow you.

*What is he doing back there anyway? Why won’t he just approached me in a normal manner. Why scooted over to other chair and to the other? Aish.*you frustratingly ruffled your hair.

You turned to a corner but you abruptly stopped. Your phone rings.

Yojeong! I have good news for you! So continue packing! –Chunji

Your face fell at the last sentence.

“What does he mean by that? Good news but he wants me to continue packing?” you scratched your head.

You gasped and you put your hand in your mouth, ”I think that good news means he will go with me.” you widened your eyes but you shove your ridiculous thought and went straight home.

“As if he will do that,” you chuckled.

You turned to the last corner where your house at. You walked between the blocks in twenty steps without stepping on the lines, but you abruptly stopped when you saw someone in front of you.

You grip on the strap of your bag and continue walking passed by him.

“Yojeong,” he called. You stopped. You have to admit the way he called you make your heart fluttered and your face softened.

You slowly turned around to meet his eyes.

“Neh?” that’s all you could manage to say.

“Hi,” he said. Waving his right hand in rapid wave, a curled of smile came on to your face and waved back as well.

The two of you exchange smiles.

“Uhm…” Hoya rubbed the back of his neck.

You patiently wait for him.

“How are you doing lately?” he blurted out. You were surprised by his sudden question but you didn’t hesitate to answer back.

“I’m doing fine, you?” you returned the question to him which make him happy. He just thought that you’re just going to ignore him forever but he’s glad that you didn’t.

“I’m good,” *when you’re here in front of me, yes I’m good.* he smiled.

You nodded and smiled back, “That’s good. You seem look so happy?” you said.

“Uh, am I? Haha I think so,” he gave you a meek smile.

*I’m glad that you are, I wonder what will be your reaction if I went to states.* you were staring blankly at him. He noticed that so he waved his hand in front of your face.

You snapped out of your daze and focused your attention to him, “Are you okay?” he worriedly asked.

“Yes, I’m perfectly fine. Sorry, I’m just thinking of something that’s all,” you let out a sheepish chuckle.

“Uhm… I have to go, have things to do,” Hoya nodded.

“Okay. Nice talking to you… again.”

 A smile came into your lips, “Nice talking to you too, Howon.”

Hoya softened and a tingling feeling in his heart was slowly spreading throughout his body.

He can’t help but to smile to your way. He waved and went inside. You took a step backward while watching him going inside his house.

*Will you be able to smile like that when I’m gone?*

You went inside your house too, you leaned on the door after you shut it close, and your heart was beating crazy again.

*This feeling, I’ve missed this,* but your heart tightened to the thought that you’re going away from him. You clutched your uniform in your left side as you can feel your heart beating and tightened to the fact.

“This is what I wanted anyway, I have to stand for it,” you nodded, and went to your room to continue packing.

You hear a knock in your door, “Come in,” you said.

Your mom went in with a tray of cookies and milk in her hands.

“Hi sweetie, here’s your milk and cookies,” your mom put down the tray by your desk.

“Thank you mom,” you smiled at her while packing.

Mrs. Shin let out a soft sigh and sat by your bed.

“Sweetie, are you sure about this?” your mom looks worried.

“I think so mom,” you unsurely answered.

“I can’t believe that my baby is all grown up now and decide her own decisions now,” Mrs. Shin playfully frowned.

You saw her expression and smiled. You went by her side and sat down.

“Mom, I’ll be here in holidays. And please don’t cry, I hate seeing you cry. Okay?” you curled a strand of hair to her ear.

“Aigoo! Give me a hug my baby girl!” she open his arms wide and you willingly came to those arms and hugged her tight.

Yejun passed by your room when he saw you were hugging Mrs. Shin. He quietly sneaked in to your room and came from the back of Mrs. Shin. Yejun throw his long arms around to the two of you.

“What a dramatic scene so I want to join in,” Yejun muttered. You chuckled and ruffled his hair.

“Aigoo…”

You sure you’ll gonna miss your family so much, too bad your appa was not around. He’s in business trip but he is sure attend your graduation.

*I’m so happy grateful to have them as my family.* you smiled.

 

A/N: Annyeong~ and I'm back :) Sorry if I took so long to update, mian. *bows* I hope you guys like this chapter. >< The two of them finally talked :) weee... Hoya is happy but how about Yojeong? will she be happy when she depart and go the California? Will she really leave Hoya? Hmm... Let's all find out on the next chapter :) speaking of the next chapter, I already finished writing it. So I just need 10 comments to update it :) hihihihi~

 

Thank you so much to the people who subscribe :) I really appreaciate it. Keep on supporting this fic :) I love you all ^^

 

Your comments are my motivation so keep it up and motivate me :)

songhyunki~