Chapter 20: White Confession

I Realized that I Love Her

 

The entrance exam is today. Your body was rigid when you enter the school gates. You spotted your friends and ran towards them.

Yuuki gave you a hug, “Oh my gosh! I am SO nervous, I feel like crying during or after the exam OR before the exam!” she squeaked. Sunggyu squeezed his twin’s shoulder and spun her around.

“Yuuki-ah, breathe. Inhale. Exhale,” Yuuki did as what she told to do.

“Oppa, hold me. I’m scared,” you can see Yuuki turning pale. Sunggyu hugged her tight and rub her back.

“Relax, don’t worry. I’m here,” Sunggyu broke the hug. “I’ll stay by your side, okay?” Yuuki nodded and smiled. Sunggyu ruffled her hair that makes Yuuki squealed.

“Oppa! My hair,” she pouted. “Aigoo, sorry lil sis,” Sunggyu pinched her cheek.

 “Aww…” everyone cooed. “A sister and brother love,” Woohyun cooed.

“Don’t worry Yuuki, I’ll stay by your side too!” Dongwoo cheerfully announced and went to her side as he wrapped his arms around her.

“Yah!” Sunggyu protested.

“Don’t! Instead of giving her courage you might give her creeps and runaway while taking the exam,” Sunggyu shoved Dongwoo’s arms around Yuuki.

“Oh yeah?!” Dongwoo snarled as he stood up in front of Sunggyu.

“Yeah,” Sunggyu gave him a death glare.

“Okay,” Dongwoo whispered and avoid his glare, walked away quietly and hid behind your back. Everyone laughed at the hilarious scene.

“Hyung if you just saw your face just now, you’re like a puppy that got scold,” Sungjong was holding his tummy while laughing hard. Everyone laughed along.

Dongwoo gave Sungjong a glare and immediately Sungjong stopped from laughing.

*This is why I love them so much* you giggled.

Sunggyu glance to his watch, “it’s time, come on, let’s go!”

Everyone came inside but you were still standing outside, noticed that someone is still missing.

“Wait. Where is Hoya?” they stopped their tracks and slowly turned around to face you. Woohyun raised a brow at you, suspiciously.

“What are you all looking at me like that?” you pouted and went to them. Everyone cleared their throats and answered your question.

“He’s on his way,” you nodded. Everyone continued to walk; Yuuki wrapped her arms to yours.

“Come on?” Yuuki asked. You gave her a smile and nodded.

“Let’s go!” Yuuki chimed. You chuckled and walked down the hallway.

*____*____*

After two weeks, you got the result from the entrance exam. Your friends got all accepted to Seoul University except for you. You passed the exam but why you didn’t receive anything from the Seoul University like what your friends received.

Blank expression came to your face, you don’t understand what happened. You went home with deflated shoulders.

*___*___*

Hoya was in front of your house, holding a box that was wrapped in pink. Hesitating to knock or not.

He was about to knock but stopped as he took a deep breath and closes his eyes.

“What if she won’t like it? What if she’ll throw it because it’s from me? What if she ignores me, I don’t want that to happen,” Hoya let out a sigh.

“What if I’ll just call Yejun and hand it over to her? But…” he stopped.

“… she won’t know it was from me. Well, if she finds out that it comes from me she won’t open it and just throw it at me. Aish!” he frustratingly scratched his head.

He was about to walked away and hand the gift some other time when suddenly the door opened.

“Oh! Hyung!” Yejun ran to him.

“What brings you here, hyung?” Yejun’s eyes landed on the pink box, a smile grew on his face.

“Is that for noona?”  Hoya nodded, Yejun was about to reach for it but Hoya took it away. Yejun stopped and was surprised by his action. Yejun was the one who always took the gifts that Hoya wants to give to you, but he thinks not this time.

“Uhm… I want to give this by myself, Yejunnie,” a weak smile came on Hoya’s smile. Yejun understood and held back his hand.

“Haven’t talk to her yet?” Yejun interrogated. Hoya shook his head as he looked down to the pink box.

“This is your fault, hyung,” Hoya shot up and look straight into Yejun’s eyes. He knows that it his fault, it’s just that he didn’t know why he didn’t get to answer right away, or he is just shocked to what he just had heard from you.

“I know,” Hoya mumbled.

Yejun let out a sigh. He patted Hoya’s shoulder and gave him an encouraging smile. 

“You better fix this before anything else could possibly happen in the future,” Yejun walked back to the door and closed it shut.

Hoya lowered his head and walks out the gate.

*He’s right, I have to do something.*

*___________*____________*

Headed home while walking on the side walk, a white luxurious car slows down it’s pace and follows you. You stopped your tracks and turned your head when you saw a car was following you.

You’re not in a mood to guess who it was. You continued walking, but the car is still following you. You stopped, irritated. You took a deep breath and slowly approached the car.

*Wait, what if it’s a kidnapper or worst, a ?* you’re face became pale. But you took a deep breath and came towards the car. You were about to knock on the window but it suddenly opens.

A familiar face and a smile greeted your way.

“Hey,” he greeted. A meek smile came on your face by his sight.

“How are you doing?” he asked. You heaved a sigh.

“I thought you’re someone else that follows me around. It gives me creep,” you wrapped your arms to yourself.

Chunji rubbed the back of his neck and sheepishly chuckled, “Sorry about that.”

You shook your head and gave him another smile.

You stepped back as he came out of the car. He gives you a killer smile that made you fall deeper to him these past years, but not this time. It was like nothing to you anymore.

“Want to go somewhere?” Chunji asked with his eyes full of hope. You looked into his eyes and nodded.

Chunji ran to the other side of his car and opened the door for you. You came inside the car then he shut it closed.

Chunji drove the car to where he wants to take you. After 15 minutes of driving you two arrived at the Han River. Chunji opens the door for you and you stepped out. You breathed a fresh air, you came towards the railings and you leaned on it.

You can feel the cold breeze that brushes your cheeks as it passed to your silky, long hair.

Chunji came by your side and leaned his back to the railing. He’s watching you while you are looking from afar, enjoying the breeze.

Chunji cleared his throat and pushed his back from the railing as he changed his position, facing the river.

He propped up his arms on the railing, he rest his head to his hand and looked at you admiringly.

“Yojeong-ah,” Chunji whispers.

“Hmm…” You answered still looking at the beautiful lake.

Chunji took a deep breath.

“Have I mentioned that I really like this girl that I met and became friends with?” Chunji adoringly looked at you.

You also turned your head to him and answered his question.

“Yes, why?” you blinked at him.

He let a sly smile appear in his face.

“I must say, she’s very lucky,” you said. You faced him and a smile came on your face.

“She’s lucky to have a boy like you to like her that much,” he broke into a big smile.

“Really?” now a grin came to his face.

You nodded, “If you like her so much why you don’t confess to her?”

Chunji chuckled at your question. He faced on your way and rests his arm on the railing.

“So you want me to confess to her?” he point himself. You eagerly nodded.

“If you’re not ready you still have the chances if there’s no other guy that likes her,” you shrugged.

“Hmm… There are guys that like her, and she likes some of the guys. She got a chance to confess to him,” your eyes widened as you remember you confessed to Hoya.

“Yes, she confessed,” he answered your question on your mind.

“If you’re gonna asked what happened, I don’t know either. But I know she’s not in any relationship,” you nodded.

“You better confess to her now. You might get her feelings and be with her,” you suggested.

“I don’t think I will get her feelings, because I know that she really like this guy I don’t understand why this guy didn’t say anything about her feelings to him,” Chunji shrugged.

You nodded as you understood the whole thing, because you have that same feeling too.

“But you still have to. At least let her know that you have feelings for her. She might change her mind,” you smiled at him.

“So, you really want me to confess to her? At this instant?” you nodded.

“It’s better to be done,”

“But what if she didn’t say anything?” Chunji raised a brow.

“If she still likes the guy, at least she knows that someone is out there waiting for her,” you smiled. He smiled back.

“Hmmm…” he playfully tapped his finger to his lips.

“What if I tell you that you know this person?”

“What?” you looked at him. “I know this person, really? Is she our classmate?” Chunji smiled and shook his head.

“She’s more than that,” Chunji pushed himself off the railings and walked a bit.

You gave him a puzzled look. “What do you mean?” you stood up straight and looked at him.

“You know her very well,” he slyly smiled.

“How well?” you raised your brow.

“Very very well,” he emphasized the last ‘very’.

You were trying to think who this girl could be, since he mentioned that you know her very well an image of Yuuki came on your mind.

You gasped and widened your eyes. Chunji looked on your way, “What?”

“Is it Yuuki all along? But, she haven’t confess to any boy and-“ you stopped as if you realized something. Your eyes rounded at the thought.

*I already confessed to someone, and and… the boy that I confessed didn’t do anything. Was it me?*

A smile lit in his face.

Chunji walked towards you, he lifted your chin up and looked through your eyes lovingly.

“Yes, it’s you. It’s you all along Yojeong-ah,” he answered the question in your mind. He curled a strand of your hair behind your ear.

You’re speechless. You don’t know what to respond. Your heart skipped a beat.

He cupped your face and looked deeply through your eyes.

“But I respect your decision. I know that you’re feeling bad for me, but that’s okay. It’s your heart and I knew it all along,” he your soft cheek.

“You knew what all along?” you raised a brow, still stunned from his touch.

“That you’re heart belongs to someone else, but I just can’t understand why he is being a jerk. A gorgeous girl confessed to him and he didn’t do anything, it’s just that…” you lowered your head as you remember Hoya.

Chunji let out a soft sigh.

“I’m sorry about that. I know deep in him he also have the same feelings as you,” a smirk came on his face. You looked at him checking if his kidding, but he’s not.

You made a face, “How can you be so sure?”

“I can read guys movements when it comes to girls,” Chunji wiggled his brows. You chuckled at the sight.

“But Yojeong-ah, I just want to let you know that I’m always here for you,” he smoothed your hair.

“I’ll be there to catch you if you fall,” a grin spread out to his face. Somehow, that made you shiver.

A soft smile came in to your face.

“Thank you and I’m sorry,” you mumbled.

“You’re welcome and it’s okay. If that makes you happy, then that’s what makes me happy too. You are happy, I’m happy,” *Even though it hurts, I will take it. Just to see the beautiful smile on your face Yojeong, that would be enough.*

You can’t help but to smile and get teary at the same time.

Chunji pulled you and hugged you tight. You hugged back.

Your tears spilled down but a smile lit up.

On the other side, Chunji was trying to hold back the pain by hugging you tight.

*That lucky bastard, he doesn’t know how lucky he is to have this amazing girl in my arms right now. I wish time could stop just today, so that I could cherish this moment with her, just this time.*

“Yojeong-ah,” Chunji whispered.

“Can we stay like this for a moment?” you nodded. You don’t want to let go either, you felt warmth in his embrace and hugged him tight.

You felt he started crying, you know how it hurts for him so you hugged him tight and caressed his back slowly.

___*___*___

Chunji sent you home. He parked his car in front of your house. He opened the door for you and you stepped out.

“Thank you for taking me home,” you smiled. He put his hands behind his pockets.

“Nah, it’s nothing,” awkward silence occurs between the two of you.

“Uhmm… do you want to go in?” you broke the silence.

“Uh, errr… I think not today, I have to go somewhere with Taemin tonight,” you nodded.

Chunji swung his legs lightly and kicked a pebble.

“I should go now, because I know you’re safe and sound,” you smiled at him.

He walked towards his car and get in.

He opened the window from the other side of the car so that you can see him. You stooped down a little and waved at him.

“Have a safe trip,” Chunji nodded with a smile and sped off. You waited for the car to disappear from the street then you went inside.

The house was dark as usual. You pull out your keys and opened the door. You put down the keys at the coffee table beside the letters that were neatly placed on the table.

You stopped when you saw your name in one of the envelopes, and sat down at the couch and reached out for the envelope.

You opened the letter and carefully open it and slip off the paper out.

You nervously open it. Your eyes almost bugged out at the sight and you felt your heart dropped to your stomach like a rock.

You can’t believe what you have just read.

Congratulations! You got into Stanford University for a language courses…

You continue reading until you reached the bottom.

“Stanford? I didn’t apply for this school. I don’t want to be far to my family, no,” you muttered.

You stared at the letter again. You can’t breathe whenever you read the first sentence.

*I didn’t apply for this!* 

 

A/N: I am so sorry if I update too late, my school has ended and finally it's my vacationn now :) weee!! Tell me what do you think for this chapter :) hihihi~ I feel bad for him while writing this chapter wuu T^T. I wish that you all like it :) and also I wish i didn't disappoint you all >< sorry for a month  hiatus been busy for a month didn't get to continue writing this fic >< mian *bows*

 

Comments are love :) and thank you so much for subscribing :) I wish that you all continue supporting this fic :)

 

I love you all so much!! :) Thank you!!!