The Scavenger Hunt Pt. 1

Teenfinite Are My Boyfriends?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A man opened the door just as I had stepped near it. It was if he had been standing at the front entrance and had seen me come up.

Somehow, I had a feeling that the person standing in front of me was the illustrious “Grandpa Leader” I’ve heard so little about.

Obviously he was Korean and he had small eyes. Both of his ears were pierced once and he stood approximately at 5’9”, only 3 inches taller than me.

I feel like I’ve seen him somewhere before, but right now my mind is too exhausted from jet lag to remember.

“Well, aren’t you going to come in”, he inquired.

“Oh right! Of course”, I said, taking my first steps into the luxurious mansion, Graham on my heels with my suitcases.

“Thank you for bringing her here safely Graham”, the man whispered to his butler.

“Certainly sir. I shall be in my room if anyone needs anything.”

“So Morgan, I trust your flight went well?”

I was still lost in a daze looking at all the lavish furnishings in the entrance room.

“Excuse me Morgan”, the man now said in heavily accented English, maybe thinking I didn’t understand Korean.

I spun around, now looking face to face with the “Grandpa Leader”.

“I’m sorry”, I apologized in Korean. “I was just admiring your house. It’s really beautiful.”

“Why thank you! So, I guess you’re probably wondering why you’re here?”

“No not really. I figure that you’ll hold me here for a few days, torturing me before you finally kill me.”

He just stared at me like I was crazy.

“I’m only joking”, I replied finally, laughing.

He laughed too, but it was uneasy. “Oh, you’re funny. It must be that American humor, am I right?”

“Hmm call it humor, call it sarcasm; whichever you like.”

“Well, all jokes aside, this is the Teenfinite mansion! And I am Kim Sunggyu.”

Sunggyu, why did that name sound familiar?

“Aka the Grandpa Leader, right?”

Sunggyu nodded. “And I’ll tell you why you’re here, but first you must find the remaining 12 members that are hiding all over the mansion.”

“E—Excuse me? There are 12 other guys here?”

Sunggyu handed me a piece of paper. “The hint for the first member is on this. You have two hours. Have fun and good luck!”

And then he left. How does he expect me to find everyone in only two hours?

“Okay pace yourself Morgan. You have two hours, which means you have to find 6 guys in an hour. This shouldn’t be too hard, right?”

I glanced down at the note and looked over what it said.

“You’ll find me with my nose in a book. P.S I’m on the first floor.”

“Oh, well this hint is simple; the first person is in the library on the first floor”, I stated out loud.

But then I looked around me. “Guess I’ll just have to poke around. I just hope the rooms have names on them.”

So I started going around on the first floor. To my relief, the doors were labeled so I made a mental note of which rooms were on this floor so I could use this as a reference for later.

All of a sudden, I walked past a door that was ajar and I just happened to hear someone talking to himself.

I opened the door further and could see someone sitting in a chaise lounge chair, just their head was visible.

I coughed noticeably loud to try to get the person’s attention.

He turned his head around and looked at me. When he saw who it was, a bright smile lit up his face.

“Oh, you found me”, he exclaimed joyfully.

“Well, it wasn’t that hard”, I replied a little sarcastically.

I should really tone done the sarcasm since here in Korea it can be offensive.

The boy put his book down before his innocent eyes returned to meet my own. “I’m Yoo Changhyun, but you can call me Ricky”, he explained. “And you’re Morgan noona. Oh, you don’t mind if I call you ‘noona’ do you?”

“I’m older than you? How old are you? And no, I don’t mind.”

“Don’t sound surprised. Of course I’m younger than you. Can’t you tell?”

“You still didn’t answer my question though.”

“Oh right! I just turned 19 in February.”

I looked him up and down. “You don’t look 19 to me. You look more like 14.”

Ricky pouted. “Yah I told you I’m 19”, he whined, stamping his foot.

“I change my mind. You are more in the 10 year old range.”

Ricky glared at me. “If you keep insulting me, I’m not going to give you your next hint.”

“Fine, I’m done.”

He handed me a red envelope, identical to the one that was slipped under my door.

Then, he left. What a weird kid. I opened the next hint.

“You found Ricky! Congratulations now come and find me. I’ll be outside surrounded by sweet perfumes.”

“Wow, what a lame hint”, I said. “Outside—“surrounded by sweet perfumes”? What is that supposed to mean?”

I left the library and looked around to find a door that led outside. Fortunately for me, there just happened to be a patio door a few feet down from the library.

“Guess they want to make this easy for me”, I thought as I opened the double doors.

I was instantly met with a beautifully kept garden complete with a fountain waterfall tucked in between the flowers.

“Okay where are you mystery man”, I said out loud.

The next member has to be around here somewhere. Sweet perfumes must mean flowers and since this is a garden—

SMACK!

“Damn statue”, I cursed.

“Yah, I’m not a statue! You should be more careful where you’re walking.”

Was I really going to get into an argument with something I couldn’t even see?

“What are you doing?”

“I was admiring my purple flowers, but since you interrupted me, I guess I’m talking to you now.”

Hmm, so sarcasm is alive and well in Korea.

“O—Okay—wait, your purple flowers?”

“Did I stutter? I said my purple flowers. You got a problem with a man taking ownership of flowers?”

Damn, this guy is rude!

“Hey, you don’t have to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter