Don't Kiss & Tell

Teenfinite Are My Boyfriends?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

All night I couldn’t stop thinking about the kiss. I thought about it so much, in fact I couldn’t even fall asleep.

Groaning, I got out of bed and in the dark, made my way down to try to find the kitchen.

“Maybe some water will help me fall to sleep”, I thought as I searched for the door to the dining room which would lead me to the kitchen.

“Morgan, what are you doing up”, I heard a tired voice ask.

“I can’t sleep”, I confessed. “I was going to get something to drink, but I think I forgot where the kitchen is.”

“Follow me”, he said chuckling.

In my sleep deprived state of mind, it didn’t register with me who I was following, but I knew it had to be one of the members.

“It’s hard to remember where each room in this place is”, I heard him mumble when we got to the kitchen.

He switched the lights on and that’s when I finally found out which member it was; Sungyeol

You’d think by now I’d recognize their voices, but apparently not.

“I’ll make you a cup of warm milk. That should help you fall asleep.”

“Thanks Sungyeol”, I replied gratefully.

As he prepared my drink, I was debating if maybe I should confide in him. I knew I shouldn’t say anything; what with him almost kissing me the night of our date.

“Sungyeol, can I tell you something”, I asked him.

“Uh huh, what’s up”, he said with his back turned to me.

“Uh well, I don’t know the best way to put this, but tonight—

“What about tonight?”

I decided to just spit it out. “Myungsoo and I kissed”, I said quickly.

He turned around to face me; a look of pure surprise on his face.

“You and Myungsoo kissed?”

I nodded. “It was only part of the script he asked me to help him with, but I still feel weird about it. I know I probably shouldn’t be telling you this, but I felt like I had to tell someone.”

Sungyeol’s expression seemed to return to normal as he turned his back to me again. “Maybe that’s why you can’t sleep.”

He didn’t say anything else and I didn’t have anything to add so we stood in awkward silence until he handed me the cup and left.

I stood there sipping my drink, wondering if maybe I should’ve kept this information to myself.

 

~The next morning~

I’m guessing that the warm milk I drank helped put me to sleep because I woke up the next morning feeling refreshed and not at all tired.

“I wonder if I should go talk to Sungyeol again. His reaction seemed too calm.”

I was going to go downstairs and look for him, but yelling in the hallway stopped me from coming out of my bedroom.

“It was just a kiss. It’s not like I called dibs on her.”

“Well that seems pretty close enough to me!”

I heard Myungsoo scoff. “You’re just jealous, hyung. It’s not like this should come as a surprise to you. One of us would’ve kissed her eventually.”

Sungyeol laughed. “Me, jealous? No, I’m not. You used her and you know it!”

“In what way did I use her?”

“The script you used is from a drama that was cancelled due to high budget costs. You used her for your own gain.”

“I was practicing my acting skills, so it doesn’t matter if I used an irrelevant script.”

“You have hundreds of other scripts at your disposal. You could’ve easily picked a different one.”

Myungsoo was silent for a moment. Even though I was listening from behind my bedroom door, I could tell the atmosphere in the hallway was rigid.

“Did you really think that you’re the only one with feelings for her, hyung? We all have feelings for Morgan, whether we’ve gone on a date with her or not. And if you care about any of us at all, you won’t try to stand in our way if we want to let her know how we feel.”

And as far as I could tell, one or both of them left the hallway because it became quiet.

I opened my door slowly, peeking up and down the hall to see if anyone was standing in it.

“Wow, I can’t believe they were arguing. I hope I didn’t make things awkward for them now. Maybe I shouldn’t have told Sungyeol.”

“No, I’m glad you did”, a guy’s voice suddenly said.

I jumped in place. “You are?”

“I guess you heard everything, huh?”

“Well, yeah. You guys weren’t exactly quiet about it.”

Myungsoo hung his head. “I’m sorry, Morgan.” Then he looked at me. “But believe me when I said that I didn’t use you.”

“I believe you. I feel bad that Sungyeol is upset, though.”

“Don’t worry about it too much. He’ll get over it. Even if you wouldn’t have said anything to him, he would’ve found out eventually.”

“What about the others? Do they know too?”

He shrugged. “I honestly don’t know, but I don’t care if they do find out. I have just as much right to be a boyfriend to you as they do.”

I bit my lip. “I really don’t want you guys fighting over me.”

“I hope you didn’t think we wouldn’t. It’s kind of hard for 13 guys to not fight over only 1 girl.”

I sighed. “I know, but being that everyone is so close, I just didn’t want any hard feelings.”

Myungsoo smiled. “There won’t be. We knew what would happen in the end.”

“Funny, that’s almost exactly what Niel said to me last night.”

“Don’t stress over it, alright? Just enjoy your date today”, and with that said, he walked down the hall.

“I hope I’ll be able to”, I thought, following him downstairs.

“Good morning my princess”, Woohyun called to me.

“What will get you to stop calling me that?”

He laughed. “Nothing, because you look so cute when I annoy you.”

“Well then I must look adorable whenever you see me because you always annoy me”, I shot back, smirking.

“Noona, are you going to pick me today”, Ricky asked, ignoring Woohyun’s sad puppy expression.

“I don’t know, it’s all in the magic of the dating hat.”

“You’ve actually given it a name”, Sunggyu questioned, coming into the room.

“Yeah, I don’t see why not. I mean, it is a pretty special hat after all.” Then I added, “Have any of you seen Sungyeol?”

The guys in the room shook their heads.

“We thought he was still sleeping”, Woohyun said.

“No, he got up like an hour ago. I saw him in the hallway, but he looked kind of mad”, L. Joe answered from his seat on the couch.

“Did any of you talk to him yet today?”

“Why are you asking so many questions about Sungyeol”, Sunggyu inquired.

“Ooh, I bet noona really likes him”, Ricky said, winking.

“It’s not that I don’t like him any more than I do you guys, it’s just I need to talk to him.”

“Check his room. Maybe he went back to sleep”, Sunggyu suggested.

“After you pick out the next name”, Ricky demanded.

I chuckled. “Of course.”

Ricky smiled cutely and followed me over to where the hat was sitting.

I was less than enthusiastic about picking a new name out. I was really worried about Sungyeol. I didn’t think telling him that Myungsoo and I “kissed" would affect him so much.

I dug through the name cards and finally picked one out.

“Here”, I said giving it to Ricky. “Who’d I pick?”

Ricky opened the piece of paper and stared at it. “You chose Hoya hyung. Ugh, no one ever picks me.”

So I have a date with Hoya, huh? Well as long as he doesn’t prank me again, we should have a good time, although, my mind really isn’t in a “date” kind of mood right now.

“I’ll go inform Hoya that you picked him”, Sunggyu said, sensing my distant demeanor.

“I’m going to talk to Sungyeol”, I announced to anyone that was listening.

No one replied back, but it wouldn’t have mattered if they did; I was on a mission.

I figured the first place I should check should be his room. Most likely, that’s where he’d be.

And I was wrong. He wasn’t here and neither was Sungjong.

“I hope he didn’t go outside the mansion”, I thought to myself as I descended the stairs once again.

“Hey Changjo, have you seen Sungyeol this morning?”

“Sungyeol hyung? No, I haven’t seen him, sorry.”

“Oh okay. Thanks though”, I said, making my way through the opposite hallway that contained the library, music room, and the doors to the garden.

“Now if I was Sungyeol and I was upset, where would I go?”

Duh, the kitchen! He loves to cook and bake and whatnot. I should’ve checked there first.

Luckily for me this time, as I peeked through the small window in the dining room door that led to the kitchen, there he was, busy concocting something.

“I feel like a terrible person”, I whispered, my heart breaking from the sad sight of a sweet guy who was baking away his sorrows because of me.

I slowly opened the door, not wanting to disturb him, but at the same time I wanted him to notice I was in the room.

“Sungyeol—

He looked up at me, his eyes unmistakably sad. It didn’t look like he’d been crying, but his expression just held so much sadness. Even when he smiled when he saw it was me, I knew by now that it was forced. Sungyeol’s smiles were contagious and at this one, I didn’t even feel like attempting to crack a grin; I actually felt like crying.

“I’m just baking a cake, that’s all”, he said, focusing on the ingredients in front of him.

Trying to steer clear of the subject at hand as much as possible, I carried on with the conversation. “What kind of cake are you baking?”

“Death by chocolate”, he answered simply.

That’s exactly the kind of cake I tried to make for the guys about a week ago, but because of Dongwoo and Sungyeol’s childish fighting, it ended up on the floor.

“I just have to let it bake in the oven for about 30 minutes and then I’m done”, he continued on, half ignoring me. “Ooh that reminds me, I have to find something to put on the top of it.”

Sungyeol then went to the refrigerator and dug around for something. “Hmm, now what kind of toppings would be good on this? Some kind of fruit, perhaps”, he asked himself, moving some items around.

“Strawber

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter