The Ultimate Betrayal

Teenfinite Are My Boyfriends?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MORGAN POV

We just to the road that would lead us up to the resort. It was dark, I was tired, and I couldn’t wait for us to arrive safely and go to our rooms.

“I can’t believe they never tried to call us”, Woohyun complained, the exhaustion evident in his voice.

“It’s probably because they can’t get any service up here”, I exclaimed, looking at my phone.

The reception was so terrible that I just decided to shut my phone off completely.

“I hope it’s not too far yet”, he said, yawning.

“Yeah, me too. We both need to sleep.”

“No, that’s not why. It’s because we’re almost—

And suddenly the car made a groaning sound and stopped—in the middle of the road—and shut itself off.

“—Out of gas”, Woohyun finished. “Dammit! Come on, don’t do this to me now”, he said, trying to see if the car would turn back on.

“Are you kidding me right now”, he yelled when the car wouldn’t start back up, banging his hands against the steering wheel.

“Well, look on the bright side, there are worse things that could happen to us, right?”

He looked at me, irritated. “Oh and that would be?”

“Uh well, we could get eaten by a bear.”

Just then, we heard a wolf howl outside.

“Or a wolf”, I added, sitting back in my seat.

“I hate to be a pessimist right now, but I am so tired, I’m hungry, and I just want this day to end. If something good would happen right now, that would make me the happiest person in the world.”

“At least we’re together”, I said quietly, looking at him.

Woohyun chuckled sarcastically, but then smiled at me. “Yeah, that’s probably the only thing that has made me enjoy this trip so far.

“There isn’t anyone I’d rather suffer with than you, Woohyun”, I joked, patting his hand.

“Except Sunggyu hyung maybe”, he said, looking at me with sad eyes.

I sighed. “Maybe—sometimes I just wish he would have never confessed to me”, I admitted, glancing out my window.

“Do you think that would’ve made everything less complicated?”

“I don’t know, probably. That or it would’ve been easier if I didn’t develop feelings for the others”, I said, turning my head back towards him.

“Remember what you talked to me about a while ago? Regarding what Niel said to me?”

I recalled it; “That you should have spent more time trying to get me to like you than trying to push Sunggyu and I away from each other? Is that what you’re talking about?”

He nodded. “Well, I’ve been testing that theory out and I was wondering if it’s working or not.”

Even with the little bit of moonlight shining through the windshield, I saw Woohyun’s cheeks turn pink.

“I know you said you wanted to be friends, but I wasn’t giving up the hope that we could be more than that.”

I didn’t know what to say to him. Did I think we could ever become more than friends again, yeah I figured that was always a possibility, but I didn’t think it would happen so soon.

“I know you have a lot on your mind because of Sunggyu hyung, but I just wanted you to know how I feel, that’s all.”

“What if I told you—I feel the same way”, I blurted out suddenly.

Woohyun looked at me, surprised. “What? I mean—you do?”

Clearing my throat, I said, “Well, I never did stop liking you, Woohyun; not entirely. How you acted before just kind of masked those feelings, but once we became friends again, they returned. And you’ve been acting so nice to me lately, I figured I should really consider giving you another chance.”

“Why didn’t you say something before?”

I sighed. “With you being busy with the album promotions and with everything that was going on with Sunggyu, I just didn’t think it would be—

Before I could finish, I felt a pair of warm lips pressing softly against mine. I hesitated at first, almost wanting to pull away, until Woohyun kissed me harder, and finally I just gave in to my feelings and kissed him back.

I felt his hand cup under my ear only to end up tangled in my hair as he leaned in further. The kiss itself was incredible; never did I think Woohyun could kiss this well.

Eventually, I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer, making him smile just a bit.

When we finally pulled away from each other, it took me a few moments for my surroundings to come back into focus.

He kissed me again, but this time, it was only a brief peck and a brush of his thumb against my lips.

Once I regained my vision and my head cleared, I noticed a figure walking up the road. I squinted to make out who it could be. I wasn’t sure, but either way, maybe they could help us.

Without thinking, I got out of the car and started running towards them.

“Hey, wait up! Hello, can you help us”, I called loud enough so they could hear me. “Our car ran out of gas and we’re stuck here”, I said quieter as I got closer.

The person didn’t turn around and just kept walking.

Now that I was close enough, I could make out distinctive features I wasn’t able to see before. I broke out into a sprint, grabbing his arm to hopefully get his attention.

When I was finally able to grab ahold of him, he turned around and ripped my hand off.

His eyes, even in the dark, I could see were full of pain.

“Don’t touch me”, he barked, his voice hoarse.

“Sunggyu, what’s wrong”, I asked, blatantly concerned.

“And don’t talk to me—either of you”, he added, glancing behind me.

I followed his stare and saw Woohyun jogging to meet up with us.

“Why couldn’t you just tell me that you didn’t love me back instead of making me wait for 2 whole months”, he screamed, in tears.

He had seen us kissing in the car. A pang of guilt hit my chest.

“Sunggyu, I—

“And you, you’re my bandmate, practically my own brother. How could you do this to me”, he questioned angrily, jabbing Woohyun in the chest with his finger. “You know how I felt about her, but did any of that matter, no!”

“Hyung, will you just calm down”, Woohyun tried to reason.

Sunggyu pushed him backwards as hard as he could. “Don’t you dare tell me to calm down! Did the two of you plan all of this, huh?! Did you plan for the bus to leave you behind so you could run off and have your romantic rendezvous?”

I heard Woohyun chuckle. “Now you’re just making up stories, hyung.”

Before I had a chance to react, Sunggyu grabbed Woohyun’s shirt collar, getting right in his face.

“SUNGGYU STOP IT”, I yelled, pulling him away from Woohyun.

I had so much pent up frustration and stress that once I started hitting Sunggyu, I couldn’t stop. Now given, I wasn’t intentionally trying to hurt him; my “punches” probably inflicted the same amount of pain that a child’s fist would, but I just wanted him to stop. I wanted this all to stop.

I kept hitting his arms and chest, sobbing until I couldn’t see straight.

Sunggyu grabbed my wrists roughly and forced me to look at him. I thought he was going to yell at me, but he didn’t.

He just kept staring at me, searching my eyes for something.

Then he finally spoke, “Tell me right now. Tell me you don’t love me and I’ll get out of your life forever.”

Was he being serious? After a few moments, I realized he was, and was still waiting for an answer.

I shook my head furiously.

“No? You won’t tell me then”, he said irritably, throwing my wrists down.

I shook my head again. “No, I don’t want you out of my life forever.”

“Then why the hell would you kiss him?!”

“Because you’re not the only one I feel this way about”, I finally admitted.

Sunggyu sighed and was about to say something else, but kept his mouth closed in a firm line. He just walked back in the direction he’d originally been going in so Woohyun and I followed him.

 

When we finally got inside the resort, the other members immediately bombarded us with questions.

“Are you okay?”

“Why didn’t you call?”

“How did you get left behind?”

“Why does it look like you were crying?”

Sunggyu opted not to join us and went straight to his room.

I watched him in my peripheral vision until he closed the door behind him.

“We’re fine, just exhausted. Our car ran out of gas on the way up here so we had to walk the rest of the way”, Woohyun explained.

“Thank goodness you’re both alright”, Dongwoo exclaimed.

“Where’s Sunggyu hyung”, Sungjong asked.

“He went to his room”, I mumbled, ignoring their other questions.

I didn’t want to talk to anyone. All I wanted to do was go to sleep and pray that this was all just a bad dream.

SUNGGYU POV

Deep down, I knew what her answer would be even before she said it. If she felt the same way, she wouldn’t have hesitated in giving me an answer in the first place.

After changing into my pajamas for the night, I laid down in my bed, staring up at the ceiling.

Maybe I’m just wasting my time. I shouldn’t feel this way about a girl who can’t even tell me straight out if she feels the same way.

I hate to give up on her, but I’m at the point where I don’t care anymore.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. Thinking it was just Morgan, I my side and ignored it.

“Hyung, what’s wrong”, I faintly heard Niel ask as he came into the room. “They’re back and they’re safe. You should be happy.”

I sighed and sat up to face him. “You want to know why I don’t care that they’re here? Because I saw them in the car kissing, that’s why.”

Niel’s face went pale, then he asked, “Are you sure that’s what you saw?”

“I’ve never been more positive about anything in my entire life. Morgan even confirmed it. And it was pretty hard for her to hide how embarrassed she was that I caught them, even in the dark.”

“But—I thought she only wanted to be friends—

“Yeah, well she lied. And now Woohyun can have her. I’m done.”

“Hyung, you don’t mean that. You still love her.”

“Niel, I could barely cope with the fact that I had to share her with you. I don’t think I can handle having to compete with my own bandmate too, especially Woohyun.”

“So where does that leave me?”

I just shrugged. “I can’t make that decision for you. If you still have feelings for her, then by all means, go for it, but I just know that I can’t take being led on anymore.”

MORGAN POV

At breakfast the next morning, I couldn’t bear to look at Sunggyu. Both Woohyun and I were beyond mortified about what he had seen us doing last night, even if it was only just a kiss.

To Sunggyu, as lovesick as he had been for me, he could’ve just as well seen us flirting and it would have had the same effect.

I wasn’t lying when I said I had feelings for Woohyun and I also didn’t lie when I said I didn’t want Sunggyu out of my life.

Woohyun kept looking at his leader shamefully, his head lowered at his plate, only glancing up at Sunggyu wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter