Soul Mates

Teenfinite Are My Boyfriends?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We all left the basement after the “meeting” concluded.

I went straight to my room and sat on the bed, thinking.

“Basically, they gave me the most important part of the entire plan. No pressure or anything, Morgan”, I thought aloud.

I sighed and laid down, staring at the ceiling. It’s nice that they’re doing this for him, but why did they have to give me the biggest part of it? What if something goes wrong and I screw it up? I would feel awful.

I need to stop thinking so negatively. Maybe a good night’s sleep will help.

I decided to just go to bed and wake up with a clear mindset.

It was no use, though. I had nightmares about the plan failing and it being all my fault.

 

All the members crowded around me, irritated and angry looks on their faces.

“Morgan, we told you not to tell Sunggyu hyung! Now he knows everything and we can’t even surprise him for his birthday”, Sungyeol yelled at me.

I was on the brink of tears, but I held them back for the sake of looking weak in front of them. “I told you I didn’t tell him anything! He just found out on his own. I’m so sorry.”

 

I sat up directly on the bed, a layer of cold sweat covering my forehead.

“Thank god it was only a dream”, I thought, holding my chest.

But after that nightmare, I couldn’t sleep. I was too afraid it would reoccur. Tiredly, I swung my legs over the edge of the bed and stood up.

I looked at the clock on the night stand and realized it was only after 1 a.m. Some of the members should still be awake.

Dragging myself out of the room, I walked down the hallway until I reached the closest bedroom that I knew was occupied by someone.

I knocked quietly on the door, half hoping that someone inside would answer it, while the other half, hoping that if someone did, it wasn’t because I had woken them up.

A few seconds past before the door swung wide open.

“Morgan, I thought you had gone to bed”, Myungsoo asked.

“I did, but I keep having these bad dreams”, I confessed, biting my lip.

He motioned me in the room and allowed me to sit on his bed.

“We’re sorry for the mess”, he apologized, smiling embarrassedly.

I shook my head. “It’s no problem”, I replied, bringing my knees up and resting my chin on them. “I didn’t wake you two, did I?”

“No, we were still up”, Dongwoo reassured.

Myungsoo took a seat next to me, patting my shoulder. “So what kind of dreams have you been having?”

“I know how silly this will sound, but I dreamt that Sunggyu found out about his surprise party and you all blamed it on me.”

Dongwoo’s plump lips formed an ‘O’ shape. “What? We’d never do something like that.”

“I guess I’m just really worried that something will go wrong.”

“Hey, if you keep thinking that way, then it will”, Myungsoo said, chuckling. “Just relax and everything will go accordingly.”

Even with Myungsoo’s deep and silky smooth voice trying to calm me to my senses, I still wasn’t convinced.

I sighed. “I feel like since I have the biggest part—

This comment left both boys snickering.

“Morgan, all you have to do is keep hyung out of the house. I’d say that’s the easiest part”, Dongwoo said.

“I don’t know Sunggyu very well, but don’t you think he will figure something is up? I mean, I’m not exactly the best actress, you know.”

“Who says you have to act”, Myungsoo questioned. “Sunggyu hyung is smart, I’ll give him that. But do you really think he’s going to read too much into going on a date with you on his birthday?”

“He’ll probably just think that the date and you taking him to his favorite stores is your birthday present to him”, Dongwoo added.

“But how would I know what his favorite stores are? It’s not like I know him enough to know something like that.”

The pair looked at each other.

“Knowing hyung and his big ego, he’ll probably make up some tall tale about how you wanted to know everything about him and just kept begging us to tell you, that’s all”, Myungsoo explained. “If that’s the case, just play along with it.”

“But didn’t you just say I don’t have to act”, I asked, giggling.

Myungsoo rolled his eyes teasingly. “Okay, besides that, you don’t have to do any acting.”

“Everything is going to be fine. I’m sure hyung will keep your mind occupied and you’ll forget all about the surprise party”, Dongwoo continued.

“Trust us on this, Morgan. We wouldn’t give you such a “big” part if we knew you would go and screw it up. We know you’re more than capable”, Myungsoo finished. “And if you feel like he’s catching on to the plan, you can always just call us, alright?”

“I’ll do that. Thank you both for comforting me. I’m going back to bed. I’ll talk to you in the morning”, I said, standing up and walking to the bedroom door.

“Good night, Morgan”, they called to me as I shut their door and crept quietly down the hallway to my own room.

“At least I feel a little better. I just need to stop thinking about it and have a good time tomorrow”, I thought, crawling back under the covers and shutting my eyes.

With one last uncertain sigh, I fell to sleep again, this time no nightmares haunted me.

SUNGGYU POV

Today was my birthday. Was I looking forward to turning another year older, absolutely not! Especially when I have 6 annoying band mates who constantly remind me of how “old” I’m getting.

All day I knew I’d be hearing things like “You’re half way to 50, hyung! Congrats on getting old!” or “Grandpa Gyu really is turning into a grandpa!” along with many snickers and boasts of laughter from my immature juniors.

Shaking my head at these thoughts, I got out of bed and went downstairs. Things were oddly quiet. I’m usually not one of the first people out of bed, but it seems that way today.

“Is everyone still sleeping”, I wondered aloud, walking through the living room and into the adjoining hallway.

“Dongwoo! Sungjong-ah! Woohyun? Where the heck is everyone?”

“Hi hyung”, Niel called when he saw me.

“Niel, is anyone else awake yet?”

He shook his head. “No, I don’t think so. Then again, I just woke up myself and haven’t seen anyone yet.”

Then he walked away, leaving me standing there in the middle of the hall.

“It’s already 10 and no one else is up yet?”

Then a thought occurred to me. Maybe they’re secretly planning a surprise party and don’t want me to know about it.

“Are you looking for someone, Sunggyu?”

I turned around at the familiar voice to see Morgan slowly making her way towards me.

MORGAN POV

“Not anyone in particular. Have you seen any of my members this morning?”

I never noticed how cute he was when he looked confused.

“Yeah, they’re in the fitness room working out. I thought you knew already.”

He bit his lip, trying to contemplate the situation. “No, I only woke up just a few minutes ago.”

“Oh, well that’s where they are.”

“You didn’t pick a name out yet, did you?”

I had to remember to stick to the plan. It’s been going well so far, but that’s only because this is the first encounter I’ve had with Sunggyu all morning.

“No, not yet I haven’t. Should I go pick one now?”

“Yeah, maybe it’ll brighten up my day”, he said, sighing.

“What’s wrong with your day now”, I questioned, going back into the living room.

“It’s—ah, just never mind”, he answered, trailing along behind me.

I didn’t push him further, for I knew why he seemed so down in the dumps. He thinks everyone forgot his birthday. Poor Sunggyu, I would feel bad if I wasn’t in on the other members’ master plan.

As I reached the hat, a small smile crept onto my face thinking about how happy me picking his name is going to make him.

I reached into the hat and without hesitation I pulled a piece of paper out, opening it up slowly.

“Sunggyu”, I said simply.

“What?”

“I picked your name. That’s what it says”, I replied, showing him the paper.

He looked at it in disbelief. “Is this some kind of prank or something”, he asked frantically pulling out the other names in the hat.

I was about to stop him, remembering that Sungyeol said Sunggyu’s name was the only name going to be in there, but I held back when I saw that each of the pieces he threw out of the hat were completely different.

“Huh, I wonder how they managed to pull that off”, I thought.

“Wow, so you really did pick me”, he finished with a bright smile.

“Yep, so you better go get ready for our date!”

“You have to get ready too”, he shot back, sticking his tongue out at me jokingly.

I rolled my eyes. “Alright, I’ll go first. You better be ready to go by the time I get back down here”, I called to him as I ascended the stairs.

“I will, don’t worry”, he called back.

I rushed to my room, immediately pulling out my phone and texting Sungyeol.

“I thought all the names in the hat were supposed to say Sunggyu’s name on them?”

A few seconds past before he replied, “They were, but we realized how paranoid hyung gets and changed them. You still picked his name though, right?”

“Yeah, it was a lucky draw I guess. He already seems suspicious though.”

“Morgan, this is Myungsoo. Remember what Dongwoo hyung and I told you last night. Just have a good time today. Don’t worry about him finding out and enjoy yourself, okay?”

“You’re right. I have to get ready for the date. I’ll text you later.”

After putting my phone away, I went to my closet and picked out the outfit that I knew Sunggyu would appreciate the most; a long sleeved cheetah print dress that ended a little below my knees. It was a simple dress, one that would definitely capture Sunggyu’s animal print-loving attention.

At least, that’s what Infinite told me about their leader. He loved animal print, more specifically, leopard print, which I find ironic because I’m also quite fond of the pattern myself and own many things baring the design.

I put the dress on, admiring myself in the vanity mirror.

“Not bad, it’s been a while since I’ve worn this”, I thought, chuckling quietly.

I sat down in the chair next to me and put some makeup on.

Checking my appearance one last time, I left my room and went back downstairs.

It was nearing 11 o’clock and I wondered if that would give the guys enough time to set up for tonight.

“Morgan, your dress is just so amazing”, Sunggyu said, a happy sigh escaping his lips.

I suddenly felt self-conscious. “Thank you”, I replied, my cheeks turning red. Then I noticed his outfit, which consisted of a white V-neck shirt, ripped skinny jeans, and grey converse shoes.

Normally I would find this clothing combination atrocious, but on Sunggyu, it worked well together. The shirt complimented his broad chest and—wait. Why am I thinking about his chest?!

I shook my head of these dangerous thoughts.

“Are you okay”, he asked, touching my shoulder innocently.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Just a little too caught up in my world, I guess.”

Sunggyu chuckled. “Alright, then! Let’s go out on our date”, he ended with a sly wink.

Oh, Kim Sunggyu you will be the death of me, I swear.

I led the way to the car that was supposed to be sitting outside waiting for us.

A thought that never occurred to me was every date so far has been planned out by the guys, so unless Sunggyu planned for a date outside the mansion, this should raise a whole bunch of red flags for him. But indeed, he said nothing and showed no signs of suspicion.

Sunggyu held the car door open for me, gesturing me inside the backseat.

Smiling, I got inside the car, with him following in soon after.

“So what’s this big date you have in store for me”, I asked curiously.

“I’m not going to tell you.”

“Can’t you just give me a tiny hint though?”

He shook his head, laughing.

Pouting like a child, I sat back in my seat, wanting to know how this plan was actually going to work.

Sungyeol had said that I’m supposed to take Sunggyu to all his favorite stores and that Graham, who also was in on the plan, would pick us up at 9 to go back to the mansion.

“And Myungsoo said I didn’t have anything to stress about. Yeah right”, I mumbled, frustrated.

Most of the car ride into Seoul was quiet. I thought Sunggyu and I were pretty comfortable around each other, but maybe not.

What conversation we did have consisted of how nice the weather was today. He never once mentioned that today was his birthday. He probably wanted me to acknowledge it first, which I wasn’t going to do just yet.

“Thank you for driving us, Graham”, I said to him as he dropped us off.

“You’re welcome. Now just remember I’ll pick you up at 9”, he explained, winking secretly at me.

I nodded slightly at him.

“Thanks hyung”, Sunggyu called one last time before Graham drove the car away. “So what do you want to do first”, he then asked me, putting on his hat and sunglasses.

Just as he spoke, my phone vibrated. I pulled it out and noticed a text from Graham.

“Give me a moment, Sunggyu. I really need to answer this text. It’s important”, I excused myself to a nearby table outside a coffee shop.

He pouted, but stood where he was, placing his hands nonchalantly in his jeans pockets.

Graham’s text said, “Morgan, here is a short list of Master Sunggyu’s favorite places to shop and eat—

And then it read off a bunch of shops and restaurants.

I didn’t recognize any of the names, but if this is indeed a list of the stores that Sunggyu likes the most, he’ll surely know where to go.

I saved the list to my phone’s memos and walked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter