Saying Goodbye

Teenfinite Are My Boyfriends?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I didn’t want to bother him anymore tonight, but when I couldn’t fall asleep after over an hour, I decided that it was now or never.

Quietly, I walked to his room. Praying the door was unlocked, I turned the knob. Fortunately for me, it opened right away.

I snuck inside, closing the door behind me. It took my eyes a few moments to adjust to the darkness of the room, but once they refocused, I was able to see his figure lying sound asleep on his bed.

Tiptoeing, I made my way over to him until I was standing at his side. Would it really be fair to wake him just because I couldn’t fall asleep? Should I just go and let him continue to sleep?

But before I could turn around and leave, a hand caught my wrist.

“How long have you been standing there”, I heard him mumble, his voice raspy.

“A minute or two. I’m sorry I woke you”, I said, holding his hand gently.

He moved over and patted the mattress next to him.

I laid down, turning on my side to look at him.

“Something must be bothering you”, he said bluntly.

“What makes you assume that?”

He chuckled softly. “You usually don’t come into my room at 2 in the morning.”

I let out a deep sigh. “Sunggyu—I need to tell you something.”

Even in the pitch black of the room, I could still see his eyebrows furrow.

“I—I want to go back home”, I admitted slowly.

He swallowed hard. “Come again?”

“I’ve been thinking and I think it’s time I left. I miss my family and my friends and I’m sure they miss me too. I’ve been gone for almost 4 months. I think it’s time.”

“Is this because of the whole resort thing? Because I’m sorry I got so jealous. I really wasn’t going to make you leave.”

I shook my head. “It has nothing to do with that. Honestly, if we wouldn’t have made up, I probably would have been gone a long time ago anyway. You’re the main reason I’m still here.”

“Right and it would hardly be fair to make you stay, just for me—

I cupped his cheek. “I’m sorry, Sunggyu. I love you, I really do.”

He kissed the back of my fingers. “I know, and I love you too.”

“If it’s any consolation, I’m planning on returning after a few weeks at home. I don’t think I’ll be able to stay away too long. I’m going to miss you all too much.”

“You’ll miss me the most, right”, he asked, teasingly.

I laughed. “Yes, especially you.”

Sunggyu leaned over and kissed my forehead softly. “When are you planning on leaving?”

“I don’t know—maybe a couple days?”

“At least stay here long enough for us to celebrate your birthday.”

“How do you know my birthday is coming up?”

“What, you don’t think I wouldn’t know when my own girlfriend’s birthday is”, he answered with a chuckle. “That is—if you want to celebrate it with us.”

“Nothing would make me happier, Sunggyu”, I said, smiling brightly.

“We’ll throw you the best birthday/going away party ever!”

“You’re not supposed to tell me that”, I laughed. “It should be a surprise.”

He pecked my lips and hugged me tight.

I fell asleep in his arms, listening to his soft voice lull me into a peaceful slumber.

 

When I woke up the next morning, Sunggyu was already gone. Rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, I glanced over at the alarm clock on the bedside table; 10 o’clock.

“Wow, I can’t believe I slept in so late”, I thought, pushing the covers aside and getting out of bed.

Yawning, I walked downstairs into utter silence. Confused, I went to the kitchen, thinking maybe the boys were eating a late breakfast, but when I got to the dining room, nobody was there.

“Where the heck is everyone”, I said out loud.

“They didn’t want to wake you, Miss Morgan”, Graham replied, walking in from the hallway.

“Graham, is something wrong? Did something happen?”

“Teen Top had to go to practice and Infinite, I believe, went to their company building for a meeting.”

“Oh—”, I said, a little disappointed.

“Is it true, you are really going to leave, Miss Morgan?”

“Yeah—I think that it’s time”, I answered, sitting down at the dining room table.

“Well I hope that you enjoyed your stay here. I’m sure the boys will be sad to see you go.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter