Sickness & Tension

Teenfinite Are My Boyfriends?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week had gone by since I met Lovelyz and with Infinite’s comeback date coming up soon, the mansion had become quiet again.

Woohyun still wasn’t talking to me, but at this point, it was probably for the better. The hatred that Sunggyu and Niel seemed to have for each other appeared to have died down now that they rarely saw one another. Every once in a while though, I would catch Sunggyu glaring at Niel and vice versa, but I just tried to ignore it.

Everything seemed to be returning back to normal, until this particular day.

It was a rainy Saturday morning. Usually Infinite didn’t have any schedules because the weekends were their days to rest up, but because they were so close to their comeback, they had to go in for practice. All except Myungsoo.

He was currently filming for a drama and preparing for Infinite’s comeback and with this second job added to his already full plate, he wasn’t getting enough sleep and because of that, he came down with a bad cold.

“Myungsoo is staying home with you today. The managers want to give his body time to recover so he’s supposed to rest”, Sunggyu texted me that morning when they were on their way to their company building.

I messaged him back saying, “Don’t worry, nurse Morgan will take good care of him. He’ll be better in no time.”

He replied several minutes later with, “Just check in on him every few hours to make sure he’s still alive.”

It was around 8 in the morning, a bit too early for most normal people to be up, especially a sick person, but even if Myungsoo was still sleeping, I wanted to check on him anyway.

I opened his bedroom door as quietly as I could and peeked around it to look at where Myungsoo was lying on his bed, curled up with his back towards the wall.

As I walked into the room, I noticed a trash can full of tissues at his bedside, two boxes of them on the floor next to it.

His blanket was thrown on the floor as well so I picked it up and covered him with it. As I was doing this, he woke up.

“It’s too hot”, he mumbled, closing his eyes again.

I felt his forehead with the back of my hand. I’m no doctor, but I could tell he was running a fever.

“You need to bundle up”, I whispered, tucking the blanket around him.

“No, it’s too hot”, he repeated, kicking the cover off again.

I sighed. “Myungsoo, just keep the blanket on. You won’t get better if you don’t listen.”

He sat up and grabbed a tissue from the box, blew his nose, and threw it in the trash can. “Ugh, I feel so horrible”, he whined, curling back into a fetal position.

“You know what my mother always told me to do when I was sick”, I said, kneeling down on the floor in front of the bed. “She said that the best thing to do is get a hot shower, take some medicine, and crawl under a few heavy blankets and go to sleep. It’s the best method to help you feel better.”

“My body aches too much for me to even walk to the bathroom”, he groaned.

“Do you want me to take you to the hospital? Maybe you have the flu.”

He shook his head. “I’m just so tired.”

“Alright, I’ll leave so you can sleep”, I said getting up from the floor. “Do you need anything while I’m still here though?”

He didn’t answer me because he had already fallen back to sleep. I left, closing the door behind me.

SUNGGYU POV

“He might have the flu and he’s being very uncooperative”, Morgan was explaining to me over the phone.

Sick or not, Kim Myungsoo was very stubborn. “You just have to force him to listen to you. Eventually he will do what you ask.”

“But I don’t want to argue with him, he’s not feeling well.”

“I know, but trust me, if you assert yourself, he will cooperate. If he wants to recover before our comeback, he’d better listen to you.”

“Do you know when you’ll be home?”

“I’m not sure. There are only 6 of us so a lot of things are being put on hold. I’ll call to check up on things when we get another break, okay?”

“Sounds good, don’t work too hard.”

I smiled. “I’ll try not to. I lov—I’ll uh, talk to you later”, and hung up.

I can’t believe I almost told Morgan I loved her. Now was certainly not the best time to tell her how I really felt.

Sighing, I went back to practice with the rest of the members.

MORGAN POV

So be assertive, huh? I bit my lip, contemplating. Well if Sunggyu said that this would be the only way Myungsoo would listen to me, I guess it wouldn’t hurt to at least try it.

 Before I changed my mind, I walked upstairs to Myungsoo’s room again.

“Just go in there and tell him he needs to take medicine, that’s all you need to do.”

So I opened the door, and as I expected, Myungsoo was still sleeping.

And he looked so peaceful. I couldn’t bother him now, especially because he was technically doing what he was supposed to, which was to rest.

As I was just about to close the door, I heard him whisper my name, followed by a weak cough.

“I’m sorry I woke you”, I said, walking into the room.

With much struggle, he sat up. Even as ill as he was, he still managed to look handsome.

I felt his forehead again, hoping that he at least broke his fever. To my avail though, he was still burning up.

“Myungsoo, you need to take some medicine”, I strongly suggested.

“Would you get it for me? Sungyeol hyung left a few bottles in here just in case. They’re over there”, he said, pointing to the bookshelf.

Well that was easier than I expected. I got up and grabbed the bottles from the shelf, reading over what they were. I didn’t recognize any of them, of course, but Myungsoo took one of them from my hand and drank some of it.

“Ugh, why can’t they make medicine taste better”, he complained, making a disgusted face.

“Because you’re not supposed to enjoy being sick, silly”, I said, chuckling.

“I’m really sorry you have to take care of me, Morgan”, he apologized, settling back under his blankets.

“I don’t have to, I want to”, I explained, making him as comfortable as I could. “I don’t want you to uncover yourself until that fever is broken, understood?”

He nodded. “Thank you, Morgan.”

“If you need anything at all, just call me on my phone or text me”, I said, placing his own phone within reach.

He smiled weakly and closed his eyes. I brushed the hair out of his face before planting a small kiss on his forehead.

I hoped that he would be able to sleep well now.

 

It was around 7 in the evening by the time Infinite came back from practice that night. I expected all of them to be tired, but when they walked into the living room, I got the exact opposite.

“I don’t know why you have to make things so difficult. You never had any issues with our concepts before, but you hate this one all of a sudden”, I heard Sunggyu yelling at someone.

“It’s stupid, plain and simple! We’ve already acted like a bunch of lovesick puppies before. We’re not rookies anymore so I just think we should be given a better concept than this!”

I’m not even surprised that Woohyun is the one he’s yelling at.

“Hyung, you just have a problem with it because Morgan doesn’t like you”, Sungjong butted in.

“Yeah and the last thing he’d want is to act like he’s in love”, Sungyeol added.

“You two just shut your mouths”, Woohyun shouted angrily.

Sunggyu sighed. “Woohyun just stop making our jobs so damn hard. We want to get through this c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter