The Strange Letter

Teenfinite Are My Boyfriends?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was just another normal spring day. The robins were chirping, the beautiful flowers were blooming, and everything seemed completely ordinary.

My name is Morgan.

I am 19 years old with blue eyes and light auburn hair.

Right now, the time is 7:45 so I have to get up because my first class starts at 9:00.

I step in the shower, letting the blast of warm water wake me up from my sleep coma.

“Cause I’m on fire, but you keep on standing still—Yeah I’m burning do~ow~own, but you keep on standing still”, I sing, using the shower head as a microphone.

Ever since I found Kpop, my life has changed completely. I used to be a shy, fairly quiet, introvert who didn’t make friends easily. Now I’ve made friends all over the world, just because we share that one common interest.

Someday, I plan to leave ia and live in Seoul for a few years. I want to find a nice Korean guy to marry because let’s face it; Kpop has made my standards for men unreasonably high. We can all relate to that.

I have been studying Korean at my university for almost 2 years now and with 3 additional years of it behind me I’m fluent in the language, which will come in handy when and if I move to Korea.

But, it’s hard to get out of the backwater town I live in. I love living in quiet suburbia, but there’s really not much to do around here.

I grew up a tomboy. I never liked skirts or dresses when I was young. I felt more comfortable wearing jeans and sneakers rather than a skirt and heels.

After I finished my shower, I went to my closet and got dressed in a pair of jeans and a tank top.

As I was leaving my room, I saw someone outside the front of the house.

I thought nothing suspicious of it because it was probably just the newspaper guy dropping off this morning’s newspaper.

I walked to my front door and that’s when I spotted a red envelope that someone must’ve slid under the door.

I picked it up, flipping it from front to back.

“Hmm, this letter is addressed to me. There’s no return address, that’s rather odd. I wonder who sent it.”

I carefully opened the envelope to reveal the letter inside.

Strangely, it was in Korean. There was also some kind of ticket enclosed as well.

The letter read as follows,

 

Dear Morgan,

If you are reading this, then that means this letter has gotten to you safely. You might know me, you might not.

I cannot tell you who I am right now, but if you accept our invitation, my identity will be revealed when you arrive.

Inside, along with this letter, you will find a plane ticket. If you choose to accept, your flight will leave tonight at 6 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.

If you decide against our request, then I’m sorry you feel that way.

Sincerely Yours,

The Grandpa Leader

 

I had to read over the letter two extra times to make sure I translated all of it correctly.

Then I turned my attention to the ticket.

Just like whoever sent this letter stated, it was a ticket for a plane that left at 6 p.m. tonight.

The destination; Seoul, South Korea.

Are my eyes deceiving me? Does this plane ticket really say that it’s going to Seoul?

I can’t believe it! I’ll finally be able to leave this place and make my dream come true!

But wait. I can’t just leave without telling anyone where I’m going.

A trip to Seoul sure is tempting, but this “Grandpa Leader” guy seems a little fishy to me.

I mean, who just sends someone they’ve never met before a plane ticket?

What if I go and it turns out this guy is a murderer or something?

And why did he say, our invitation? That means there has to be more than one person involved.

I feel so compelled to accept their invitation and see what all of this is about.

A part of me is saying this is a trap and something bad will happen, while another part is saying that I need to take a risk and go for it.

“What the hell, I’ll accept! At least I’ll get to see Seoul, even if this is a hoax.”

At 5 p.m. I arrived at the airport. The first thing I had to do was get in line to have my passport stamped, my luggage checked, and all that other tedious airport stuff.

As you can tell, I’ve never been in an airport before. Heck, I’ve never been out of the state of ia, much less the country.

I handed the lady my ticket to look over so she could direct me to what terminal I needed to go to.

“Wow fancy”, she exclaimed.

“I beg your pardon”, I asked, confused.

“You have a first class seat ticket.”

“Oh, I do?”

She nodded.

“How much do these first class tickets cost?”

“First class for international flights runs a couple thousand dollars usual

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter