Just Another Girl

My Heart Belongs To You.

~ Chapter 7: Just Another Girl ~

 

 

Summer is finally over and the cold and damp wind of fall has finally come. This is my least favourite season, along with summer. Winter and Spring bring me nothing but happiness, summer and fall not so much. It's the fall season and I've been living with INFINITE for a month now, and nothing has changed, apart from the boys being much more comfortable with me.

I'm sitting in the living room right now, waiting for INFINITE to perform on Music Bank. It's been a while since they have been telling me to watch a music show and support them, so I finally gave in. I was waiting for INFINITE to perform, it seemed endless, the amount of idol groups they are lately, it just seemed ridiculous. I remember when I used to like idol groups, back when my favourite group DBSK was around and world revolved around Xiah Junsu. I can relate to the girls in crowd, the endless wishes of being able to meet your bias and the group... The love.

I wondered if INFINITE had fans like that, I mean they must have. After all, I am living in their home. They have shocked me in many ways, they are so down to earth and funny... It still felt like an alien feeling, I've been away and by myself for nearly 3 years now, being surrounded my so many people just didn't feel right to me.

And.... Myungsoo. Well, Myungsoo seems a little bit more relaxed when he is around his group members, the moment I'm here, he turns cold and harsh, like that night on the balcony meant nothing to him.... Pfft, not like I care.

And... Infinite... Whenever, I see them I am uncontrollably happy and jumpy, I was scared of this feeling. They made feel safe, but at the same time scared. I didn't know whether I liked it or hated it. But, no matter what, whenever I'm around them I don't show them what I feel. I keep myself to myself, and they promised me when everything goes back to normal they won't acknowledge me anymore... So I couldn't get to close.

So close, yet so far, I thought.

I looked back at the screen, trying to get away from my thoughts.

"Ahhh... INFINITE JUST COME ON ALREADY!" I half-screamed.

"Please, welcome to the stage ___ Music... Start!" The MC's announced. 

Just another boy group. I rolled my eyes, what was it this time? Cute concept, or y concept... We have seen it all, boring...

The music started and I was immediately drawn to them, something I've never seen before, the last time I was so clued to the screen was when TVXQ made their comeback with 'Catch Me.' They were dancing and rapping and singing, the same with every group of course, but I was drawn to them. I found myself smiling and completely absorbed by their performance, they were truly epic... Wow.

I clapped when the music ended, and gave them a standing ovation. ___? You have found yourself a new fan.

I was still not over the rush that they had given me, that I completely missed INFINITE's intro stage... Oops.

INFINITE came and blew me away, I never knew that a pack of cute and silly boys, could look so strong and powerful on stage. I took a mental few notes so that when the boys questioned me I didn't seem mean. Woohyun and Sunggyu seemed like the best singers, strong and powerful, Myungsoo, Sungyeol and Sungjong were vocalist, and looked the best on this stage. Sungjong seriousness could not be taken seriously, I found myself giggling whenever I saw him. Hoya and Dongwoo, were vocalist, rappers and the best dancers, they were a triple-threat. Somehow, I wasn't shocked. 

I liked the song and performance was great, but for some reason my eyes kept wondering back to Myungsoo. Suddenly, he winked and looked away embarrassed, and I smiled. What? I slapped myself a hundred times. What the hell is wrong with you Mina? Get it together, I drifted my attention to Hoya who was currently on stage rapping, he seemed so surreal, I cannot believe this was the guy that was all shy and quiet around me. Woohyun hit his high note and I was feeling like one of those girls in crowd, wanting to cheer and love them, they made me feel jumpy and happy...

That's when it hit me. 

Infinite... The feeling I was trying to figure out, was not what I thought it was; I was just overwhelmed by the idea of living with an idol group, I was overwhelmed by the whole thing and being thrown in this situation. I slowly laughed and then went into hysterics. I'm nervous around Infinite not because they are guys, but because they are idols and I'm-

I'm just another girl.

I looked back at the screen and found Myungsoo leading the dance, my eyes widened... I'm just another girl, I said to myself... Just another girl.

 

>>>>>

 

I made food for the boys a couple for hours ago, to congratulate them for their win. I waited and waited and eventually gave up, I was trying to be nice for once... They always have to ruin it.

I heard the front door open and the boys walked in looking very tired, I tried to make it look like I wasn't waiting for them. I pretended to not notice that they had arrived.

"Mina... You're still awake?!" I heard a voice say.

"Hmm." Was all I said, I didn't even bother to look at them.

"Were you waiting for us?" I heard Dongwoo's familiar, cute voice say.

I turned around and glared at him, then put my attention back to the T.V and pretended to laugh. I heard someone rushing in and turning off the T.V.

"You made food for us?" Woohyun said all happy.

I looked at him in a disgusted way... Why did he have to be so cu- No Mina. Shut up.

"I didn't make it for you, I made it for myself." I said looking away.

"All that... For yourself?" Sungjong said. "Whoa..."

"I have a big appetite..." I said eating up all my lies.

"Sure..." I heard Sunggyu say and someone snorted. I turned around and saw an expressionless Myungsoo leaning back on the wall.

"Let's eat." Woohyun said dragging me.

"I already ate."

However, my belly deceived me and started rumbling.

The boys smirked and chuckled. I hide my face in my hair, feeling my cheeks getting hot. Sungjong got up and rushed over to me, he dragged me to the seat next to him. We started eating in silence and they were complimenting me for the food, I bowed and started feeling awkward all over again.

"So... Mina! Did you vote for us?" Hoya said smiling at me.

"Well, I did vote..." Everyone cheered.

"But, not for you." I said simply.

They all stopped eating and stared at me, even Myungsoo. He looked upset or angry....?

"For who then?" Sungjong said looking betrayed.

"____" I said slowly and started smiling to myself.

"Oh oh oh look at her face she's happy!" Sungyeol says glaring at me.

"Woooow!" Sungjong and Sunggyu say together, but in a bitter way.

I took out my phone and showed them a picture of ___.

"They are really talented and handsome..." I whispered. "Especially.. Him!" I said pointing at one of them.

They all stared at me expressionless, I looked at them innocently and started humming a song from that group. 

They all got up and left the kitchen, apart from Sungjong and Woohyun who were staring at me and Myungsoo who was still eating, completely uninterested.

"Mina... Why didn't you vote for us?" Sungjong said holding my hand.

I looked at my hand and snatched it away from his and coughed.

I shrugged and started cleaning up.

"It's not a big deal guys. I just wanted to change for a bit... Plus, you guys were ahead anyway... One simply vote won't change anything." I said sighing, feeling a bit guilty. They had never been upset with.

"Traitor." I head someone say behind me.

I turned around and saw Myungsoo bringing me his plate, the other boys were gone.

"Stupid." He said.

"What?" I said annoyed.

"They're not upset because you didn't vote for them. But, because you voted for another group. It would of been better for you not to vote at all. They wanted your vote for a reason, you're their friend now. You're much stupider then I thought." Myungsoo said sighing.

I looked at Myungsoo and he looked at me and smirked. 

"It's too bad though. I hate stupid girls." Myungsoo.

"Excuse me?" I said defensive. "I am not stupid."

"And your kind is the worst." Myungsoo said glaring at me.

I felt nervous, yet angry, the proximity between us was so close. I couldn't come up with a better reply.

"Who cares what you like and don't like. I'm not here to please you." I turned my back to him and clenched my fist.

"Oh, I know that, because if you were here to please me you would be long gone." I heard his voice turn cold and hard at the end.

I try to calm down, but this boy got on my last damn nerve.

"You know what?!" I turned around but he was gone.

I sighed and began cleaning again, I couldn't believe how sensitive these people were. It's not like did something tragic, I turned off the lights of the kitchen and went over to the living room. The lights and TV were off, and I saw a bag on the table and inside was a basket. I opened it and a card dropped out. It read:

'MINA! You are now an Inspirit!!! CONGRATS! But, to become a true Insipirit we got to have a few essentials! And as you know we love all our fans, and you are now part of a big family! Welcome and we promise to take care of you, as long as you always stay loyal to us, we will stay loyal to you.' - All of Infinite (including Myungsoo)

I looked at the basket and saw Infinite light sticks and albums, t-shirts and other things. I hit myself over and over again, why have I been such a jerk? Oh, Mina what have you done?

I put all the things in the basket and went up to my room. I saw someone walking out of the toilet and saw a tired Hoya, walking towards his room.

He looked at me and looked away.

"You were so great and cool tonight Hoya. Congrats on your win." I said quietly, still feeling guilty.

He stopped walking and looked at me.

"Thanks Mina." 

I was about to apologise, but he entered his room. I looked at the door, hesitating on whether I should not knock or not. They have been away for more then 24 hours, they must be tired. 

I went to my room and put the basket on the desk table, that's when my phone started vibrating. I looked my phone and saw Yuna flash on the screen.

"Mina!!!" Yuna shouted across the phone.

"What the hell Yuna?! I've been trying to contact you for two whole days and you call now? YOU CALL NOW!" I shouted angry.

"I'm sorry Mina! I've been soooo busy! But, I'm okay now!" Yuna said sounding sorry.

"Ugh! I hate you. You made me worry sick! You couldn't just give me a call or leave me a text?" 

"I'm sorry! I forgot my charger at home and I had to look for one!" I rolled my eyes at her reply.

"Are you ok anyway? Infinite treating you right? I'M SO JEALOUS!" Yuna said.

"No. Nothing is right! Everything is wrong!" I said.

"Why? What happened?" Yuna's voice soften, she knew I wasn't the one to get upset so quickly.

"I'm a jerk." I said simply.

She laughed. "You just noticed?" I sighed.

I walked over to the balcony.

"The guys have been so nice and..."

Yuna cut me off. "You've been pushing them away."

"No! I just haven't been the nicest person."

"Yeah, right Mina. You just have to let them in... You never know maybe Mr.Right is closer then you think."

I rolled my eyes. "I don't believe in that crap. Plus, they only see me as another girl..."

"That's because your probably not even talking to them, obviously they will treat you like a stranger... You act like one."

"Myungsoo is the worst!" I practically screamed at her, my voice echoed through the air.

"What? No." Yuna said shocked.

"He is the most egotistical, self-absorbed, self-centered, biggest douche bag I have ever met. Just seeing him makes me feel angry and upset." 

Yuna gasped.

"I hate him." I said whole-heartdly.

 

MYUNGSOO'S POV (Third Person):

 

Myungsoo just heard everything that Mina had to say: he was the most egotistical, self-absorbed, self-centered, biggest douche bag I have ever met. He was stunned, but must of all: he was hurt. And he didn't know why, the sight of her caused him pain and brought back upsetting memories, memories he did not want to remember. But... this... this hurt more then ever. He expected this to come from his anti-fans, the one that disliked him. He never knew Mina disliked him that much, he cared for some reason and yet he didn't know why....

"I hate him." Mina said.

Myungsoo's eyes widen... Hate? She hated him. Myungsoo thought he heard wrong, but the words 'I hate him' kept ringing in his head.

He sat on the floor and was numb, numb from this uncontrollable emotion he had felt.

"She hates me..." Myungsoo said. "So that's how she feels." He chuckled.

Myungsoo ruffled his hair in anger.

"Clam down L." Myungsoo said to himself.

"She's just another girl... Just another girl..." he repeated to himself over and over again.