I'm Sorry (Part 2)

My Heart Belongs To You.

~ Chapter 6: Apology Part II ~

 

 

I found myself in front of my apartment, I was in disguise and there was still an enormous amount of people in front of my home. This is yesterday's news? Yeah right Sungjong.

I sighed and made my way to the back of my apartment and decided to enter the emergency exit door and up the staircase to my apartment on the fifth floor. I was a bit afraid that reporters would be in front of my door.

When I reached my door there was no one around, I was relieved. Maybe I could come back here, I thought, but not now, I should wait until everyone leaves and everything goes back to normal.

I took my keys out and entered my home. It was warm and bright, yet it felt so empty and quiet. Everything was the same as we left it, I put my keys down, took off my jacket and started cleaning. I went into the living room and saw a scarf that was left on the couch, I picked it up and it looked very familiar. The scarf was a dark grey with holes in it, I looked at it and saw a tag on it, it had initials that read: S.L. I remembered when INFINITE were here, Sungjong was wearing one exactly like it, I looked at the initials again and it made sense now; Sungjong Lee. Lee Sungjong. I smiled remembering him, the only regret I have leaving INFINITE's house, is the fact that I would probably never see that guy again. He was very homely and made me feel... Happy. Something I haven't felt since... I shrugged it off. I wrapped the scarf around my neck and made my way to the bathroom to have a shower.

 

I entered my room and got out new clothes. I wore light blue jeans and plain white t. I didn't like being too girly, nor too masculine. Casual and comfortable was the way I wore my clothes, probably one of the main reason boys rather go for Yuna, then me. I brushed my hair and kept it straight, I looked at myself in the mirror and thought about how much I've changed in the past two years...

My bright eyes suddenly turned cold and dull, my smile was replaced with a frown and my laughter was silenced and all that was left was numbness, after crying myself to sleep all night feeling sad and depressed, I completely shut off and moved to Seoul for a new life. Numbness was all I felt. And staying with INFINITE would only make me feel worse, I didn't need anyone to care for me, nor love me. Even, the love and care I receive from Yuna feels alien to me, for that I feel guilty all the time. But, I just... didn't want to hurt anymore. 

I lay down on my bed and saw the sun slowly setting, I looked at the sun and slowly after sleep came over me and I drifted into dream land.

 

>>>>>

 

I woke up due to the door bell ringing like mad, I looked at my phone and saw 27 missed calls and 15 new texts. My eyes shot up open and I looked at the time 22:37 pm. I groaned and got off my bed and fixed my hair and made my way to the door, I was hoping that no reporters or crazy fan was out there. I opened the door slowly and it revealed none other, then: Woohyun and Hoya. I looked at them dumfounded and simply said:

"What are you doing here?" In a cold harsh voice.

They were the last people I needed to see. The last.

"We came here to see you, we came back home a while ago and Sungjong was worried sick when he didn't see you at home and you weren't responding his calls." Woohyun said, he seemed out of breath.

"How did you get my phone number?" I said holding on to the door tightly.

"It doesn't matter. We thought that something happened to you, are you ok? Why did you come back here?" Hoya said, he also seemed concerned.

"The manager said that it would blow overnight and I thought coming back home would be for the best."

"Is this about Myungsoo-" I cut Woohyun off.

"No" I said harshly.

I just didn't feel like talking to anyone, that's all. 

"Is that all?" I said slowly shutting the door.

Woohyun put his foot in the way so I was unable to close it, I looked up at him; annoyed. Woohyun looked at me with concerned and upset eyes.

"What's wrong?" He said in low voice. I gulped and felt a bit nervous, the power this boy had over me. I shook it off quickly and looked away.

"Look, you guys don't need to pity me. That's what I hate the most, I got hurt, your fans hate me. None of that is your fault, you don't need to look down on me. I'm ok." I said opening the door again.

Hoya laughed and leaned back on the wall facing my door. "Were not looking down on you, were not even pitying you. We don't know you all that well, but we know you can handle yourself. And we know that it's not our fault, it's just not safe for you to be here. Plus, you can't just leave without saying goodbye."

I looked at them and looked away, I was about to turn on the lights. But, Woohyun grabbed my hand and stopped me before I could.

"Your lights have been off for days. You turn them on now, they will know that your in here. Then they will definitely not leave until they talk to you and then they will twist your words if you do and things will only get worse." Woohyun said sternly, I've always only spoken to him once, but he didn't seem like the type to get so serious.

"Come with us. And we promise you once we know that it's safe, we will personally bring you here and never bother you again. But, please for now, come with us and will promise to keep you safe."

I wasn't scared of the fans or the reporters, nor was I was scared of being physically hurt. I was just scared of INFINITE and just being with them for less then a day, they have already made me feel emotions that I didn't want to feel again. A house full of 7 handsome and cute guys, what do you expect from me? 

"You promise when this is over you won't acknowledge me again? Not just you, but the rest as well." I said quietly, with Woohyun's hand still attached to mine.

"We promise." Hoya said behind me, but he didn't seem sure of himself.

Woohyun looked at me, he seemed upset... or disappointed. Maybe I was just way over my head... Or was I?

"Grab things you need and let's get going. Sungjong is waiting for you." Woohyun said. I looked down at our hands together and blushed lightly. I pushed him off and ran to my room to pack clothes and other things that I needed.

I ran back to the boys and they grabbed my bags off of me.

"Thanks." I said to Hoya.

"No problem." He winked at me and smiled. I turned around feeling my cheeks getting hot.

This was going to be a very long...

 

>>>>>

 

I was in the car with Woohyun and Hoya, we were on our way to their house. Suddenly, we came to a stop and Woohyun came into a parking spot in a middle of a unfamiliar place. 

"What are we doing here?" Hoya and I said in unison. We looked at each other and smiled. I quickly turned around and sighed, that's all I seemed to do lately: sigh.

"We have to pick up a few things for the house and I'm hungry. Let's go." Woohyun said.

Hoya looked at me and shrugged, he was as confused as I was.

I got out and was faced by Woohyun. "Owhhhh" I said startled by him.

"Hi." I said timidly.

"Hi." He said chuckling. He grabbed the hood of my jacket and put it over my head, he unwrapped Sungjong scarf from my neck and wrapped it over my head and neck, to disguise me.

"Stay like this, someone could recognise you. But, I highly doubt it, no one comes around here lately." He smiled and ruffled my hair.

This guy is weird, I thought, why is he being so nice and so... Ugh Mina. SHUT UP.

Hoya coughed and looked at us weirdly. "Stop flirting. Let's go."

Woohyun coughed awkwardly and walked behind Hoya, I followed behind.

Flirting? Is that what he was doing? I rolled my eyes and followed them inside.

 

>>>>>

 

We were now in front of INFINITE's house, all the lights were on. I looked at my phone; 01:23am. Wow, it was already that late, where did the time go?

Woohyun entered, Hoya followed with me behind. We went through to the living room and found half asleep INFINITE and Sungjong pacing up and down. Myungsoo was sitting at the back; looking at the time.

"Hello." Woohyun said. "I have food."

Everyone's head shot and looked at us. I was struggling with my bags, that I was preoccupied and I suddenly felt someone wrap their arms around me. I looked at saw Sungjong, I was stunned. Was this boy really hugging me?

"Mina! You're ok!" He said looking at me and shaking me lightly. I nodded and frowned at him, I didn't know how to react to his niceness. 

"Oh! Is that my scarf you're wearing?" Sungjong said smiling to himself.

I looked at it and felt slightly embarrassed, I started taking it off.

"No. Keep it. It suits you." He said smiling.

"Thanks." I said quietly.

"I'm glad you're back, I would of been so sad if you decided to leave." Sungjong came closer to my ear.

"It's nice having a girl around. Sometimes being around too much guys I go crazy."

I chuckled and Sungjong carried on "They're not that bad really... If you get used to them." He looked at me and smiled.

So homely, I thought to myself. I smiled back and looked towards INFINITE.

"IF you don't mind, I'd like to stay here a bit longer. I promise not to get in your way. None of you." I looked towards Myungsoo and emphasised on the you.  

They all reassured me that it was alright and I could stay here as much as I liked.

 

I made my way upstairs with my bags and Woohyun helped me.

"Thanks for helping." I said while entering my room.

"No problem. Good night Mina." He smiled at me kindly.

He was about to walk out, but I grabbed his hand. 

"Thank you... For helping me." I said again.

He turned around shocked by what I just said. I wasn't just thanking him for helping with my bags, but for not letting me go so easily.

Slowly he smiled and let go of my hand. "Goodnight Mina." Like that he left the room.

I put my bags down and made my way to the balcony for some fresh air.

I looked out, the view of Seoul was even prettier in the night, then in the morning. The night was cold and tiring, but it was a relief and somehow, I didn't feel alone anymore.

Someone coughed beside me. I turned to my left and saw Myungsoo on his balcony looking out to the distance.

"So... Were you planning on leaving?"

I nodded.

"Why did you come back?" Myungsoo said, trying not to sound rude.

"Your kind members told me that I was better off here."

He nodded and continued.

"Look Mina. About this morning-"

"Don't worry L. You didn't know. Plus, sorry is not in your dictionary right."

I turned my body to face him and waited for a smart and mean reply. But, he stayed silent.

I sighed and turned around to go back inside.

"I'm sorry." I heard someone whisper.

I froze in place, trying to take in what that L guy said.

I turned around fast. "What did you say?"

"Me?" Myungsoo pointed to himself. "Nothing." He turned around.

I laughed. "Ok, if you say so."

Myungsoo didn't face me and I decided to go inside.

"Goodnight." I said. "Kim Myungsoo."

He turned around to face me and for the first time in my life those eyes, just seemed so... Beautiful.

Myungsoo walked inside, and I saw a smile creeping onto his face.

Maybe... Just maybe, he wasn't so bad.