Apologies (Part 1)

My Heart Belongs To You.

~ Chapter 6: Apology Part I ~

 

I watched as the sun began to slowly brighten up the dull sky. I had been up for almost an hour now, listening to the soft sounds of nature going about its way. The clock read 7:07 a.m. I had always been an early bird, ever since I could remember. I sighed aloud and leaned back in my chair. Just another ordinary day; nothing to look forward to. But wait... I looked around and remembered where I was; remembering yesterday and everything that has happened. Then I began to smell something. The decadent aroma of food coming from downstairs.

I got up and my way to the bathroom, I felt tired and strained. I looked at my face on the mirror and was horrified by it, my long, brown hair was very messy, my light brown eyes looked tired and lifeless and my skin was losing it's tan from the summer. I cleaned up and went back to my room. I looked at myself and realised that I was still wearing my outfit from yesterday, I ruffled my hair and regretted it instantly head started throbbing again and my bandage came undone, I groaned in pain. I went through my bag and grabbed a new bandage and fixed myself up.

I didn't know what to do now. My thoughts were disturbed by someone knocking on the door.

"Come in." I said, my voice shaking.

Behind the door revealed half asleep Sungjong, smiling brightly at me.

"Good morning Mina!" he said entering the room and closing the door behind him. "Did you sleep well?" 

I nodded and he smiled. "So... Can I please use the toilet? The other two are occupied and I need to hurry. The hyungs didn't wake me up." He sighed.

I chuckled and nodded.

Sungjong entered the toilet and closed the door behind him. I felt anxious and tired, I made my way to the balcony to get some fresh air. I looked outside and was shocked, the sight was so beautiful. I could see the view of Seoul from here, it was bright and slightly warm day. I smiled as the felt the wind on face, I closed my eyes finding peace for once.

I suddenly heard something move to my left. I snapped my head that way and it revealed a tired and sleep L in his pajamas, staring at me from his balcony.

He didn't say a word, he just stared at me emotionless. I felt as if he wanted to say sorry or want to talk to me, he drew his attention back to the view and frowned. I looked at him and sighed, why did he have to act like this? I sighed and looked away.

"Are you not going to say sorry?" I heard him say. I turned around stunned at what he just said and looked at him confused.

"Me?" I said uninterested.

"Yes, you. Who else?" He turned around to face me and folded his arm. "Go on then... Apologise." He said in a cold harsh voice.

I huffed and rolled my eyes, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "Why should I say sorry, shouldn't YOU be apologising."

"Why should I, you're the one who insulted me in my own house. You should be thanking me for letting you staying here."

I laughed. "The last time I checked, you were the one who started it . You called me a psycho stalker." 

I heard him snigger and a sly smirk crept up on his face. "You could be, I mean who knows?" 

I looked at him, feeling slightly hurt and upset by his harsh words. What a cruel, cruel person.

He looked at me and his smile went away, his eyes seem to soften and for the first time I finally got to see his eyes properly and he said "The word sorry is not in my dictionary." 

He looked at me and went back into his room.

My morning was now ruined, I sighed and made my way to my room.

 

>>>>>>>

 

I made my way downstairs with Sungjong pushing me from behind, I felt awkward and a bit weird. I didn't want to have breakfast with them or at all actually.

"Good morning!" Sungjong said brightly and entering the kitchen, everyone was busy eating or getting food to even reply back, they waved at him or mumbled 'good morning'.

Sungjong took my hand and made me sit next to him, he got up and got me food and then sat back down. I looked on my right and saw Hoya, he looked at me and smiled awkwardly.

The manager walked in a sat down on the table and everyone quiet down, I looked at him and he smiled at me. I smiled back and scratch the back of my neck.

"Mina, did you sleep well?" He asked and I nodded. "Since you will be staying here, why don't we break the awkwardness and tell us about yourself?"

I looked dumfounded. "Uh... Well... My name is Mina." Everyone laughed and looked at me weirdly.

"Well, we know that... Tell us something else. Like where are you from?" Sunggyu said.

"I'm from Busan. I moved to Seoul with a friend for University and urm yeah..."

"Oh! I'm from Busan too!" Hoya said excitedly.

"Is that where your parents live?" The manager said interested.

"Yeah, what do they have to say about a girl living in a house with bunch of boys. Must be proud huh?" Myungsoo said sarcastically.

I sighed and said. "Urm, I don't know why don't you ask them yourself. I mean good luck finding my dad. And for my mum, her burial is all the way in Busan. So knock yourself out." I gulped, while tears threatened in my eyes, I held them back as much as I could. I could never let that guy see me cry. Ever.

Everyone stayed silent for awhile before Sungjong spoke up.

"I'm sorry Mina, Myungsoo didn't mean to..." I laughed.

"It's ok Sungjong, it's in the past. I'm fine." I smiled at him and felt awkward all over again.

I could hear the manager telling Myungsoo to apologise to me and I spoke up. "He shouldn't have to if he doesn't want to really. I mean, sorry is not in your dictionary." I paused and looked at him. "Right L."

He looked at me and grind his teeth together, slightly irritated by my statement. 

We stayed looking at each other for what seemed like eternity, I could feel his gaze becoming colder and now I finally got the message, I was not wanted here. Not just by L, but by everyone else, even if they were too nice to admit it, but I knew it, they were just being friendly and didn't want me to feel sad or hurt. Now that they know about my situation they would want to do is make me feel better or feel sympathy towards me. I didn't want that, being babied made me feel worse, i made me feel like I could not go on with my life, like I was stuck in the past forever. I didn't want to feel trapped anymore.

I tore my gaze from Myungsoo and excused myself from the table and went to my room.

I didn't feel like staying here anymore.

I needed to leave, right now.