I Like You

My Heart Belongs To You.

~ Chapter 15: Joah ~

 

 

"Mina..." Myungsoo said quietly.

I turned around to face and waited for what he was going to say.

"You looked pretty today." He said sighing, looking angry and disappointed.

I nodded my head and sighed hopelessly, somehow I thought he was going to say something else.

"Thank you." I said and made my way inside the house.

Myungsoo rushed in front of me and opened the door, I bowed and walked inside. The house was dark and it seemed no one was inside, I made my way to the kitchen with Myungsoo right behind me. The light suddenly came on and revealed INFINITE, minus Hoya and Woohyun. I looked around and scrunched my eyebrows.

"WHY ARE YOU HERE SO LATE?" Sungjong shouted at me.

I was taken back and stunned. "We got in a little trouble."

"Mina..." Sungjong said running to me and hugging me.

"Are you ok?" He said softly caressing my hair.

"I'm fine Jongie... Calm down." I said laughing at Sungjong.

Sungyeol waved at me and I waved back. He seemed flustered and tired, I wonder why...

Sunggyu and Dongwoo were practically passing out on the kitchen table. I laughed and kicked Dongwoo in the leg.

"WHOA!" He said waking up, which along woke Sunggyu up.

"Hi." Sunggyu said, not impressed.

He had a look that read: Me and you have to talk.

"Come on let's go to sleep." Sungyeol said feeling the tension.

The INFINITE members apart from Myungsoo and Sungjong went to bed.

Sungjong put his arm around me and led me away from the kitchen.

"Mina, tomorrow is our day off. Let's hang out!" Sungjong said filled with excitement.

I smiled and giggled "Yeah I'd love to!"

Sungjong ruffled my hair and made his way upstairs.

I looked around spotted Myungsoo still standing there, awkwardly.

"Not sleeping?" I said.

He laughed awkwardly and walked slowly towards the stairs, he waved and went to his room.

I sighed and made my way to the living room; wondering where Hoya and Woohyun was.

I walked inside the living room and saw Woohyun sleeping on the couch with the T.V on. I went over there and turned off the T.V and sat on the floor facing his face.

"Hmmm. I always wonder how the incredible INFINITE slept, I guess this is how. I'm sorry Woohyun, I didn't mean to leave, well I had no choice really I got dragged. Sometimes I wonder if I made a mistake going out with today, my heart seems so unsure, but whenever I see you I'm whole again. Why can't you just be an ? That would be so much easier. But, thank you really. I had so much fun today, being my first date and all. I wonder if you'll ask me out again... Or not." I sighed.

"I sorta which I could say his to your face. I don't know if I like you, or if I don't, all I know is that you've always been there for me and I hope no matter what happens you will continue being there for me. Remember what I told you back at my house, the first time I left? You promised me that when all this was over, you would ignore me forever. Is that promise still there?" 

I didn't know why I was saying all of this, maybe because I felt sorry and terrible for enjoying been around Myungsoo so much. Why did he have to be so nice today?

I got up and made my way out, I felt a hand grab me and pull me towards them. Next thing I knew, I was wrapped around someone's arms and I was hugged tightly.

"I don't know if I can keep that promise anymore." Woohyun whispered.

I pretended not to hear that and headed to my room, I couldn't deal with anymore confusion today.

 

MYUNGSOO'S POV:

 

I was upstairs and remembered that I was still holding Mina's purse.

I walked back downstairs to give this to Mina and stopped in my tracks when I heard someone talking, I couldn't make out who it was or what they were saying, as I got closer I could tell that was Mina's voice.

I stopped and eavesdroped on her conversation, untentionally, I couldn't hear her completely, but could make out what she was saying. Suddenly, she felt silence and I could hear footsteps.

"I don't know if I can keep that promise anymore."

That was Woohyun.

I was standing in the doorway now, in shock, immobile. I didn't know why I just didn't run or leave, but I felt hurt and betrayed, the old feeling that I had felt before all came rushing back.

The sight of Woohyun and Mina toegther made me sick. It made me mad and angry, I didn't know what think or what to do... All I knew is that it hurt... Badly. Mina's purse dropped out of my hands, and made a loud sound when it hit the ground.

Suddenly, my mind came back to me and I left the painful sight infront of me. I ran up the stairs and to my room, I slammed the door shut and jumped into my bed.

I didn't know why I was so angry and upset, Mina had this spell on me that I couldn't break out from... But why? How?

I tossed and turned in my bed and finally gaving up on sleep. I changed my clothes and went out into the balcony, a part of me wanted to get away... yet another part wanted to see her... Badly.

 

MINA'S POV:

 

I was walking around the park with Sungjong; it was the last day of summer and it was very hot. There wasn't a lot of people in this park, there was a fountain and swimming pool, no one was around.

The was went by silently and Sungjong was being his natural self, I asked about gossip amongst idols and he seemed to know a lot.

"So... How about you any gossip?" Sungjong said teasing.

"If only, that would make my life easier." I said casually.

Sungjong kept making me laugh and smile, he was like a best friend, just like Yuna, like I could tell him the world and more. Somehow that seemed cheesy and totally Woohyun like...

No.

No. I'm not thinking about boys today, I'm just going to enjoy my day with Sungjong.

I felt water land on my face and saw Sungjong behind me, with an evil look on his face.

Before I could protest he threw more water and pushed me in the fountain. I had an idea in my head and stayed in the fountain with my eyes close.

Sungjong rushed over scared and shaking me "MINA! MINA!" he said panicking and rushing.

I opened one eye and threw water at him, I pushed him and ran around the fountain.

We were splashing each other with water and running around and chasing each other. I tripped over my foot and dropped in the fountain dragging Sungjong with me. I felt in pain and hurt, and was unaware of the position I was in.

I opened my eyes and saw Sungjong's face inches from mine, I open my eyes widden but somehow was too stunned to push him away from me. I started to blush... What the hell Mina? This isn't time to blush.

"I'm- so -sorry." I said embarrased.

Sungjong got up and helped me stand up, I didn't know what to do. I just laughed and scratched the back of my head.

"Don't do that." Sungjong said, his voice and expression changing.

"Isn't that where you got hurt?" Sungjong said inspecting my head. "You should really be careful."

I bowed slightly feeling sorry and thankful for Sungjong, and almost flustered.

Sungjong may be the maknae of the group, but he was the careful and less clueless of the group, he really knew how to treat girls.

We sat on the grass and faced the clear, blue sky.

"You know I still haven't had my first love." Sungjong said.

"I have, it , don't fall in love" I said.

"So much in common, huh?" Sungjong said.

I laughed at his sarcasm and started humming INFINITE'S Destiny.

"Mina..." He said quietly.

"Hmm Jongie?" I said absent-minded.

Suddenly, I felt droplets on my face. I opened my eyes and saw the sky darkening, I looked at Sungjong and we both started laughing, but before we knew it started pouring rain. We ran around childish and played in the rain, we danced and sand INFINITE songs and had a good time. Thunder and lighting striked and we knew we had to go home.

 

 

"We're home!" Sunjong shouted.

"It's already dark out, get changed and come downstairs to eat."

I nodded at Sunggyu's motherly instruction and made my way to my room.

I walked into my room and got out new clothes and towel, so I could have a shower. My balcony door was wide open and water was flying in, I rushed to close the door, but the wind was too strong.

I walked outside the balcony, amazed at how strong the rain and wind was, it was sharp it felt like it was cutting through my skin.

I was about to walk inside to my room, when I spotted Myungsoo on the opposite balcony standing there, in the cold wind and rain.

"MYUNGSOO!" I shouted worried. "Get inside you'll get sick."

He didn't responsed so I shouted louder. 

He didn't look at me, but responded coldly. "What's it to you?"

"What?" I said a little bit hurt.

"Why do you even care? Just leave me alone." Myungsoo said harshly.

I was confused and hurt. "Why are you acting a teenager again? Wasn't everything fine yesterday?"

"That's in the past. I won't be like that again." Myungsoo said.

"I thought you said you didn't hate me." I said confused.

"It's time to eat... come on!" I heard Woohyun nearing my room.

Myungsoo and I were soaking wet at this point.

"Myungsoo..." I said quietly.

"Why do you always do things I hate?" He said facing me now. 

"What do you mean?" I said confused.

"Mina... where are you?" Woohyun spoke again.

I hesitated on whether I should stay here or go to Woohyun.

"Don't go." Myungsoo spoke, his voice full of pain. "Please, don't go!"

"Why? WHY DOES IT MATTER?" I said angry, upset and confused.

"Because... because..

I like you." Myungsoo said softly.

"What?" I whispered.

Myungsoo spoke again.

"I like you."