Only Tears

My Heart Belongs To You.

~ Chapter 19: Only Tears ~

 

 

It's been a week since I had seen Myungsoo and a week since I had finally realised my feelings for him. 

I was ignoring him deliberately, but it was sort of easy since INFINITE were away so often. I just didn't know what to do or say to him if I were to come near him. Should I act normal? Be more open or closed? I didn't know; a part of me wanted to give in, but another part wanted me to just let go and get over him. After all, Woohyun was there first.

Woohyun...

We hadn't spoken in so long, it seemed like we had drifted apart since the arrival of Eunjung. She had been to this house none stop trying to get Myungsoo to talk to her. I just had enough of her really, I know this isn't my home, but she was getting on my nerves!

There are times when I wonder why I am still here, it's about time I go back home. Sure, when I go back I will still see some people lingering around my home even after months of being away. But, I was going to leave, I just didn't know when. 

I poured milk into my cereal and started eating, I looked at my phone and saw a text message. I unlocked and saw the message was from a private number. It read: 

Leave him alone, if you don't want to get hurt.

I frowned my eyebrows, what the hell? Who was this? Is this a prank from one of those from silly teenagers? I sighed and locked my phone, I shouldn't worry much. I went back to eating my breakfast.

 

 

>>>>>

 

 

Today was a quiet day, no one was around. The manager came once in awhile to pick something  and to check on me, and left. I looked at the clock and it read 7pm, I was hungry and wasn't in the mood to prepare food. I decided to go out and buy the boys some dinner to congratulate them on their Triple Crown.

I wore a black hoodie, dark blue jeans and sneakers and made my way out. I didn't want anyone to notice me, just in case. 

I walked around for a while and decided to get the boys some whatever I could find, I walked into a restaurant and bought the boys their favourite dishes. I saw the menu had Kimchi stew and decided to buy a bowl, and that is not because that is Myungsoo's favourite dish. I smiled to myself, and slapped myself mentally. Get it together silly girl, my head screamed at me. But just the thought of that guy turned me into a little girl and my heart beat faster.

I took the food, paid and made my way out the restaurant. I walked down the road and saw a bunch of  boys and girls wearing their uniform and some weren't listening to music, smoking and fooling around. I looked at them and walked past them, my eyes drifted back to the group and saw a familiar face... I stopped further away from them and saw Eunjung whispering and giggling with some guy, I walked near them to hear what they were saying.

"Eunjung, have you spoken to Myungsoo yet?" A girl with a cigarette in her hand spoke.

"Yes, but I'm not getting anywhere with them. Honestly, sometimes I wonder if he even realises that I'm his ex-girlfriend." Eungjung rolled her eyes.

"Is it because of that girl? Mina?" A girl sniggered mockingly at Eunjung.

"No. That b*tch keeps sticking to him and the rest of them like glue, she's always around them. I bet they are using her!" Eunjung laughed. "Why would Myungsoo want anything to do with her? Psht, she's dead to me I'm telling you."

A guy laughed. "Is she pretty?" He said interested.

"Pretty? No, she's doesn't even act like a girl. She's pretty average." Eunjung took out her phone and showed them something.

They were all taken back.

"THAT is not average. She's so... If INFINITE don't want her anymore, can I have her?" A guy laughed and high-fived another.

I rolled my eyes and was somewhat angry, how can they speak so disgustingly of someone? Pigs.

"We'll see, I will get her away from Myungsoo even if it means..." Eunjung stopped talking and looked my way, I looked at her and started walking in another direction taking a shortcut to INFINITE'S house.

"Ya!" Eunjung shouted. 

I heard footsteps behind me and I started walking faster, I could hear her telling her friends to stay put and she started to walk behind me.

"Mina!" Eungjung said in a sing-song voice. "Mina wait up, let's go together!"

I started to walk faster, completely ignoring her.

"Yah! Mina." She said approaching me.

I took a left and was a minute away from INFINITE'S house.

As I was about to reach the house, I was grabbed by my arm and turned around.

"I was calling you, why didn't you answer?" Eunjung said.

I chuckled. "Why should I?"

She glared at me and then her eyes soften, and smiled.

"Earlier, what you heard I was just joking. I was just angry, I am just jealous of your relationship with INFINITE."

I smirked at her and removed her hand from my arm.

"Bull." I whispered.

I looked at her and saw through her insincere and cruel self.

Her smile was wiped from her face and her eyes turned cold; just like Myungsoo's.

"Listen, I am done playing games. Stay away from Myungsoo, I mean it, I came back with every intention of being with him, and we both know who he would choose. We both know this isn't going to end well." 

"Infinite are only with you because they pity you, don't you think that as soon as everything goes back to normal, they will tell you to leave? Come let's get real, their THE Infinite and you're merely a girl. So do yourself a favour and leave."

"Is that a threat?" I asked.

"Call it what you want, but I am serious. Stay away from him." She said her voice turning stern.

I saw her friends behind her looking at me smiling and smirking.

I gulped and felt somewhat threatened.

I rolled my eyes and turned my back to her. How dare she think she can just come here and belittle me.

 

I walked to INFINITE'S house and walked inside, I felt stupid and hurt somewhat. What she said before... Was it true? If everything came down to it would he choose her over me? I shook my head, I don't care! But why did I feel so hurt.

If it all came down to it... Who would he choose?

Me or her?

I closed the door behind me and saw INFINITE all sitting in the kitchen and shouting at each other.

I walked into the kitchen and set the food on the table.

They became quiet and stood up. I scrunched my face and looked at them.

"Where were you?" Hoya asked.

I pointed at the door. "I just came in, I was obviously out."

They started bickering again.

I looked at the ground and my heart felt heavy. I looked back at them and realised how much I cared for them.

"EAT!" I shouted, they all sat down immediately and started eating.

I realised that I still had the kimchi stew in my hand and debated before I would give it to him.

I walked to his side and put my hand out.

"Here!" I said.

Myungsoo looked at me and grabbed my hand, I felt a shot of electricity run through me and retrieved back.

Myungsoo's eyes light up and I scratched the back of my head awkwardly. 

"That's my favourite!" He screamed smiling. "How did you know?"

I didn't say anything and stood there. He smirked at me and made me sit down next to him.

I sat down and looked awkwardly, and saw the boys gaping at us.

"Ooooh!" Dongwoo cheered.

"Are you two dating?" Sunggyu asked.

"No. They're not." Sungjong said before I could. I looked at his face and he seemed angry.

I shook my head and Myungsoo blushed. I glared at him and got up, and made my way upstairs.

 

WOOHYUN'S POV:

[Play this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3FHym1E9b0]

I looked at Myungsoo and Mina glancing at each other, and it was pretty obvious by now. They liked each other, but I couldn't let that happen, I liked her too much to let her go. How did I let this happen?

My heart felt heavy and hurt, why wasn't I good enough for her? I slammed my hand on the table frustrated. 

I walked upstairs and decided to get some sleep before this got to me.

As I was about to go upstairs I saw Myungsoo and Mina arguing again as usual, Myungsoo was teasing her and she insulted him in every away possible.

Then, he tucked her hair behind her ear and made her blush. She was taken back and pushed him away. He bent to her level and whispered something. I walked closer to them, but before I could Myungsoo walked away leaving Mina there.

That's when I realised there was nothing I could do for Mina anymore, I couldn't even boldly wish that she was mine. She's right next to me, but I was missing her already.

I walked to her, feeling angry and upset.

"Oh Woohyun!" She said smiling brightly, she walked towards me and stopped when she saw my angry face.

"Woohyun. What's wrong?" She asked with that soft voice of hers that drove me crazy.

"Mina... I have something to tell you." I said, I didn't know what over came over me.

"What I said before... About liking you or hinting it. I didn't mean it, I was just doing it because I knew it would make you happy and excited. I felt sorry and I was afraid that you would take it the wrong way. I'm sorry if it seemed like something it wasn't. I guess I took my friendliness too far." I said, but as soon as the words were out of my mouth I regretted it instantly.

"Oh." Mina said her face looked hurt and sad, like I had betrayed her.

"So you didn't like me after all." She chuckled and I saw her eyes were growing red. "Silly me. I misunderstood it all. Knowing you, I should've known you didn't mean it like that. You're too friendly and nice Woohyun." She punched my arm playfully and I could feel my heart breaking watching her expression. 

She smiled at me and walked quickly to her room.

I stood there emotionless, but before I knew it I was on the ground and the tears that were threaning to fall, did fall.

I wanted to hit myself repeatedly. I had just made the biggest mistake of my life. 

Mina... I didn't mean it. I take it back.

Please come back.