My Sister

Let You Go?

 

Two months to go for their wedding day, and that morning she just remembered that her best friend didn’t know anything about the wedding  yet, and although the groom is just her stepbrother, Tiffany felt sorry for not telling her about the wedding weeks ago. So she calls Jessica that Tuesday morning and try to speak as calm as she could, because she knows her buddy’s respond will be crazy.

Tiffany, baby!!! What’s up, what’s going on?” she said as soon as she picked up the phone.

Hey Jess, yeah I was going to tell you something. Something really shocking, that I bet you wouldn’t believe.” Tiffany bite her upper lip and looking at her nail polish. Jessica drops silent for a moment and Tiffany snaps her. “Hey are you still there?

Are you going to adopt a child?” she suddenly asked, and then Tiffany bursted out to laugh. “You’re laughing, so you’re not going to adopt a child. OH!!” she gasped hard even Tiffany is following her gasp too.

Why are you gasping oh gosh that shocks me.” said Tiffany, complaining to her friend’s sudden reaction, just when she about to tell the truth, Jessica cuts her off.

I know!! OMG TIFF? Are you pregnant??!!!” Jessica can’t help to show the full of joy tone in her voice and completely being over dramatic. Tiffany rolled her eyes and thump her feet, “No I am not pregnant, Jessica. Sheez, would you listen to me??! I’m getting married.” And Jessica’s screaming can heard all over the phone until Tiffany have to pull it away from her ear. Just the respond like she’s expected.

I will fly there as soon as possible, baby! We have to celebrate this! But wait, who’s the groom?

I will tell you if you promise to not screaming over my ears like that again.”

Okay.”

Your stepbrother.”

Wait................what? My stepbrother, Siwon oppa? What?” Jessica didn’t follow her at all. Sometimes the blankness of her best friend really puts Tiffany in her temper. But she’ll never be angry with Jessica. “I will marry your stepbrother, yeah, Siwon oppa this July.”

Jessica didn’t care anymore about Tiffany’s rule for her to not shouting out loud, and yet she screams even louder all over Tiffany’s phone. She puts her phone away and shook her head, her best friend is indeed unbelievable, right after she told everything to her, Jessica decided to buy the plane’s ticket and fly straight to Seoul.

***

 

 

Siwon walks through the Hwang’s house and rings their belldoor. He puts his hands into the pockets and wait until someone opens up the door for him. Taeyeon come and smiles brightly.

Is Tiffany available at this hour?” he jokes a bit.

Sorry to disappoint you mister! She’s out to pick Jessica up from the airport. Why don’t you wait inside? Yeah maybe they’ll party until the dawn’s up but I guess you can wait, she likes to change her mind.” Taeyeon wides the entrance and let Siwon in. She went to the kitchen to make cups of tea while Siwon sit on the couch and looked around the house. Mr. Hwang’s house is not bigger from his house and from all the stuffs at the living room until the second floor’s hallway, it’s covered by almost all Taeyeon’s achievements in school. Taeyeon is the gold kid in this family. She shows up with two cups of tea in her hands, Siwon just realized that she just woke up and literally look a bit messy, but the rabbit slippers she wore is amusingly cute.

So how long were you been in this relationship with my sister?” she asked.

Uhm actually I just knew her, she’s my stepsister’s bestest friend and she showed up in New York, two weeks ago.” Answered him. Taeyeon slightly nods and adds, “I was really surprised you know, when dad calls me and tell that Tiffany is going to get married, seriously. That kid? Married?” Taeyeon laugh ridiculously as if it’s the funniest thing happened, “She had a lot of ex boyfriends, hey this is kinda fun! Let me tell you much more about her, she likes to party hard and drink a lot of tequilla! You already know that, don’t you? And, like her best friend, she never feels comfortable around the people she didn’t know. She would act cold and didn’t care at all. I’m surprised to know that you two are the results of our parents’ plan and you ended up following their rules. This is surprising!

Taeyeon chirping loud and long and Siwon just stares and smiles at her waiting for when she would pause for a while to just take a single deep breath. She didn’t pause even just a second.

Moments later Taeyeon and Siwon are involved in a very exciting conversation and Siwon feels that thankful feeling towards Taeyeon, because thanks to her she found out more about Tiffany. And she knows that Taeyeon loves her sister very much but Tiffany just didn’t know, how Taeyeon is always taking a good care of her even when she’s in Canada. But still, she’s sometimes feeling sad because Tiffany always responded her coldly. It makes her feel that she’s an outsider, like she mentioned before that Tiffany is less comfortable around the people she didn’t know.

***

 

 

3.45 am

The doorbell rings, Siwon is staying over at the Hwang’s house that night. Because Taeyeon told her so, suddenly the noisy bell ringing at the almost dawn day, Taeyeon comes out from her room with a slumber mask hanging on top of her head following Siwon who already went downstairs, both feeling really sleepy and tired. Siwon opens the door’s lock and Taeyeon came up behind her, there Jessica and Tiffany showed up with Tiffany leaning all her body towards Jessica, really drunk.

Aigoooya! Tiffany. What are you doing dear coming home this late, Jessica? What are you two doing?” asked Taeyeon, the angry tone slightly shows in her voice.

Jessica wipes the vomit’s left over beside and mumbling something, as she’s half drunk, Siwon pull her over and carries her on the back while Taeyeon took care of Tiffany. Siwon drops Jessica on the couch and takes off her shoes, and Taeyeon on the other hand just staring at her sister throwing up at the front guest room. She took a deep breath and starts dragging her feet to the kitchen, bringing a mop.

Taeyeon-ssi, let me take care of Tiffany, Jessica is less drunk so she won’t throw up like she did.” Siwon said, pointing to Tiffany. Taeyeon  rubs her eyes and nods.

Come on Jessica, let’s change your clothes now.” she said, taking Jessica’s hand and she follows her upstairs immediately.

Siwon bend down in front of Tiffany, “Will you stop doing this, please?”

Tiffany controls her breath after she threw up for several times and calm herself down even though her steps are not properly well. She stood up and points her finger up to Siwon’s face. “Don’t.........try~ to....tell me—“ she paused for a hiccup and continues, “What~ to do.” A hiccup again, “I hate to be...........controlled.” then she cries  in her condition and falls to Siwon’s arm almost slipped down if Siwon didn’t catch her.

They keep...comparing us.” said Tiffany in his chest, he holds her tightly as she can’t stand straight in her position.

Who, who’s comparing you?”

Mommy and daddy.” She mumbles, the way she says ‘mommy and daddy’ touches Siwon’s heart and he felt sorry for both of this sisters. “Mommy and daddy~~ keep.......comparing. Me.”  hiccup, “and......Taeyeon eonni~” she’s crying randomly again and this time, she hugs Siwon. So tight like she’s hugging someone really special in her life and won’t let him go.

Nobody believes in me.......they....only. Believes. In Taeyeon.” Then she falls asleep.

Siwon took a deep breath and exhales it heavily as he put his chin on top of her head, her back.

 

 

 

 


Hi! so for a few chapters I will add more Taeyeon and about the 'comparing' that their parents did.
Hehe~ comments and subscribe guys~