The Mothers

Let You Go?

Tiffany woke up peacefully the next day in Siwon’s guest room, she’s surprised that it’s morning already. She jumps out from the bed and found the apartment is completely empty, Siwon is off to work, she glances at the clock and realize it’s 9am. There’s a post note on the refrigerator.

“Your breakfast is in the microwave.”

She walks to the microwave and hands out a plate of scrambled egg and bacons to the table, just when she’s about to put the scrambled egg into ,  her cellphone rings from the bedroom, stunged her on her spot and she rushes there to pick it up. “Hello?!” she stops, panting.

Tiffany is it really you?!” the familiar voice answers her immediately.

Taeyeon-ah?” she sounds surprised by herself too.

Tiffany!!! How are you?

 

 

Tiffany’s pov

I rushed across the room to pick my cellphone without noticing who calls me, not sure if I know the caller either because I didn’t save another numbers beside Jessica’s and Siwon’s. They’re the only one who know that I’m back. So as soon as I said hello, the caller answers me. I glared because I know exactly who calls.

Taeyeon-ah?

Tiffany!!! How are you?” she’s asking how am I doing? What..I thought our problems are not finish yet? How can she just suddenly calls me and ask ‘how are you?’ anyway, what should I answer her?

I’m.......I’m f...ff...fine.” that came out ugly.

I’m back in Canada. I really want to meet you and talk to you, but I have to continue what I’m doing here. I wish I was there! I can’t say how much I missed you.

My eyes are wondering around in confusion, what should I say next, should I bring our problems up again, should I ask her about mom and other things. I remember she chased me immediately and I want to ask what mom said about her plans. There’s so much things going on in my head right now I’m so bewildered.

I....I, I really wanted to talk to you too.” No!!! That’s not how am I supposed to answer her!

Next time, okay? We should talk via webcam, and I should find my free time.

Oh....ookay.” And the conversation ends when she say goodbye and hung up. That’s not exactly how I wanted to talk to her. I mean..............hahhhh. Forget it. She’s going to call me again soon, besides, I’m not ready to bring up the topic again. About how messed up our family are.

End of pov

 

As if the ringing phone doesn’t end yet, the home phone is ringing and Tiffany stunged a bit in her spot. Who could it be this time? Since it’s not her house, maybe someone related to Siwon is calling him because something’s came up. And Tiffany dare herself to pick it up.

Hello.” She starts.

Long silence and then a man’s voice greets her back, “Isn’t the voicemail supposed to record this? Who is this, if I may know?

Umm.....this is......Siwon’s friend. Who, coincidentally slept over at his house.” Tiffany confidently answered.

The man drops silent again, Tiffany guessing that he might talking to somebody else there and covering the phone so that she won’t hear the conversation. But she can still hear someone’s whispering there. “May I know who is this? I meanwhat’s your name?

She hesitates for a while and knock her fingernails onto the desk, “Tiff......Tiffany.” the man is about to questions her some more, but she finally put the phone down and ends the conversation. She senses something fishy about the phonecall.

 

 

###

Mr. Jung is in the office, reading his newspaper with a glass of hot coffee on the middle of his desk, the secretary knocks on his door as she waits for his command to tell her to come inside.

Come in!” he says behind his newspaper.

Sir, your wife—“

Yeobo!!” Mr.Jung’s wife barge inside and signs the secretary to pissed off from the room. She closed the door and sits in front of his working desk with an upset face. Mr. Jung turns the newspaper’s pages slowly and sips a bit from his glass of coffee. “Yeobo! This morning I called Siwon’s house and that girl is answering from there, she’s back already! I don’t want him to meet her again, this is so absurd. Now that the late Mr.Hwangyeobo! Did you even listen to me?!” she’s knocking her heels to the floor and put down her purse hardly on Mr. Jung’s desk.

Mr. Jung slowly closes his newspaper and blow his coffee before he sips it again. He look straight to his wife and gave out a long exhales. “Kang Misook. You’ll promise me to not barge in to my office like you just did before, because I don’t like it.” And he lean back to his chair.

Yeobo, did you hear what I said before? You remember Tiffany, right? She’s back and she’s in our son’s apartment! I don’t like her even a bit. Did you remember what she’s doing on her dad’s funeral? She ran away. And did you even remember when her parents tell her that she’s going to marry our son? Aigo, and she says no like she’s the prettiest girl in this world. I don’t want—“

Mr. Jung raised his hand to stop his wife from talking too much. “So? What are you going to do about her? If Siwon likes her, then let him be.” Misook’s face wrinkles up in disagreement, she’s blurting out again and this time hits her purse to the desk even harder.

Aigooo ya, yeobo, did you not understand what I’m saying? We should get Siwon another bride, she’s not good for him. Just imagine if Siwon gets to marry her for real, she can’t even have a child, just look at her!

She’s Jessica’s bestest friend, I’m sure she’ll be good.” Answers him calmly.

Now Misook is massaging her forehead slowly, “Did you forget what are they in high school? Did you forget what it was like to raised a daughter like Jessica when she’s still in high school? Sure. She changed now, but not completely, and then how’s that going to make a difference in Tiffany? And you sure to give our precious son to her?

Mr. Jung shook his head furiously and slams the desk, “Misook-ah! It’s not us who control our kids’ life. And what do you mean exactly by bringing up Jessica and Tiffany’s behaviors in the past? Just let them grow up by themselves, let them choose their own paths!” finally he blurts out, can’t take it anymore. Misook took her purse and stands up from the chair, stomped her way out from her husband’s office. Ignoring the secretary’s “Good morning, Mrs. Jung.”. Mr. Jung took a deep breath and opens up his newspaper again.

###

 

 

-What happened earlier that morning-

Changsu-ya, call Siwon’s house now and if he’s not there, just leave it for the voice mail so he can received it later.

Yes ma’am.

Changsu follows Mrs. Jung’s command by dialling Siwon’s home phone number, as the dialling tone keeps ringing and he expect the voice mail to record soon, someone apparently picks up the phone, rejecting the voice mail to receive his message. And a woman answers the phone, “Hello.

Changsu is startled by that female’s voice, his mind starts to wonder what could’ve been happened in Siwon’s house. But quickly he put the thoughts away, he knows Siwon for too long to suspect him with such thoughts, in confusion he asks, “Isn’t the voicemail supposed to record this? Who is this, if I may know?

Mrs. Jung whom busy watching tv since Changsu called to her son’s apartment is now interested in the phonecall, she was expected a voicemail is answering the call as well but in fact now Changsu looks like he’s talking to someone. “Changsu? Who is it?” she glance at the clock and says again, “Siwon is supposed to be in the office around this time.

May I know who is this? I meanwhat’s your name?” asks Changsu again as he went quiet, waiting for her to answer. He turns around and cover the phone, “Ma’am, she said her name is Tiffany.

Mrs. Jung’s face turns red and she turns off the tv immediately, grab her purse and snatch the telephone from Changsu’s hand, she growls in disappointment when she heard the phone call is ended. “Changsu-ya, turn on the car and take me to my husband’s office.

***

 

Misook arrived at Hwang’s residence after she walks out angrily from her husband’s office this morning. She really wants to make sure that the female who answered Changsu is really Tiffany. She pressed the doorbell several times and no signs of someone going to open the door for her. She called and finally Mrs. Hwang comes out and greets her.

Misook-ssi, it’s such a long time.” she said.

Soobin-ssi! I have something to ask you.” Misook pushes her gently inside and sits immediately on the couch. “Has Tiffany returned to Korea?” she’s asking straight to the point, made Soobin’s eyes glared open in disbelief.

I.....I have no idea! Who told you?

It was just this morning when I called to Siwon’s apartment, she’s there!

Soobin gets up abruptly from her position and rush to her room, leaving Misook alone in the living room closed with her hands, thought that she had said something wrong. “Soobin-ah! You didn’t know? I thought you’re already know, and—“

Soobin comes out again and brings a paper in her hand, “Can you accompany me to go there?

What??

***

 

Tiffany is lying down lazily on the couch in Siwon’s living room, changing the tv’s channels to whatever it is. She’s been doing nothing since Siwon left, the last was receiving a strange call from someone who’s asking for Siwon. She’s pretty much concerned about that caller, and wondering who could it be. The doorbell rings. She sits up on the couch and frowns, leaving whoever they are outside until they decided to press the doorbell again. And it rings again, two times. She walks up to the door and peeks outside, getting panic after she realized that the door is unlock. Now if she locks the door, it would be suspicious and the two women outside would knock hard instead of pressing the doorbell for a million times.

Hello? Whoever inside, open up please!” said Mrs. Jung from outside, Tiffany still watching them from inside and catch a sight of Mrs. Hwang’s hand reaching out for the door’s handle. She quickly locks it up.

Hey!!! You, inside, open up this door immediately!” Mrs. Jung yells.

Tiffany runs back in panic and accidentally hit the vase, drop it to the floor into pieces. She runs to the room and dials for Siwon’s phone number. Unfortunately no answer around this time, since he probably busy with his work. Still the voice mail offers her to drop a message and she yells in despair, “PICK UP! Your mom and my mom are here!!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


hola.

you don't mind if i put the elderly inside too, right? hehe~ so basically, Siwon's mom is that typical annoying mistress you've seen on korean dramas, ppl

she wants the best for her one and only son. while mrs.hwang? mmmm let's see, she wants to yell at Tiffany and clear things up. for the rest, you can keep waiting for  my updates ^^; hope you like this update, #TEEHEE.