Falling Apart pt 2

Let You Go?

 

Jessica changed her mind right when the taxi’s driver is about to make a left turn. She decided to go back straight to the family’s house because she figured it will be better to stay there until chuseok is over. She checks her cellphone and no new notifications. When she arrived at the front door, one of the maids opens up the door for her and friendly letting her in.

Jessica-agassi! It’s been a long time. Here let me carry your luggage.

Ah thanks ahjumma. Mom’s home yet?

Not yet, miss. She’s still out with her friend.

Jessica nods slightly as she watches the maid walks out from the living room straight to her room to put her heavy luggage. It’s been a long time indeed, she calmly thinks. She glances at the clock and found it’s already 3pm, knowing that either her dad or her stepbrother would come home this early. She sat down on the couch and stretch her legs forward, grab the tv remote and starts changing channels.

***

 

When the afternoon turns slowly to evening, Misook gets up from her chair and invites Soobin to join her as well. As she glance ignorantly to Tiffany who’s sitting miserably in front of them since 4 hours ago, she raised her eyebrows and gives out a smirk full of meanings.

Why don’t you come with us too.

Tiffany raised her head immediately when she hear that, it’s amazing how this woman can turn to something nice within just minutes. She frowns her forehead, although feeling a little bit confused, she followed them both as well in the end. Slowly when the driver drives to the main road, the rain begins to fall, and it falls even harder. The traffic jam is never ending and for the most super annoying moment Tiffany had been experienced that day, Misook commands the driver to step aside the street for awhile and stops near a sidewalk.

Tiffany, sensing some weirdness around here is immediately into the aura. She prepares for the worst.

Get down here.” Misook says coldheartedly. Soobin stares from her side, when Tiffany thought she was hearing “Misook-ah, I think you’re being too hard on her.” But she reckon it was just her imagination. Quickly without any complains, she jumped off the car being greeted not friendly by the heavy rain. The black hyundai sonata is slowly fading away into a group of crowded cars on the street. Tiffany hugs herself below the heavy rain that keeps hitting her with no mercy. She left her money and also her cellphone at her part time job’s place.

~~~

Donghae’s pov

It’s been 2 hours since her last shift for the part time job is over. She should’ve been home by now or an hour ago. Where’s Tiffany? I couldn’t reach her cellphone either. I look outside and it’s raining heavily, it looks like the whole Seoul got this heavy rain, it spreads all over the city. And wherever she is right now I’m just so concern that she couldn’t go home. I remembered she didn’t bring an umbrella along with her.

Hello, Ramen delivery here can I help you?

Hello, ma’am. I’m calling to ask about one of your employees, Hwang Tiffany is she there?” I anxiously biting my bottom lips and touching my hair randomly.

Oh...Fany-ah. Fany-ah..” she paused for a while, seems like looking around the place and I’m just getting more anxious as she didn’t answer right away and her voice signs a deplorement. “I’m sorry, sir, she already finished her shift 2 hours ago and I remembered she was visited by a guy and she left just like that.” It seems like my heart has stopped for a slight seconds when I heard what the ahjumma just said to me.

Okay....umm..th-tha-thank you ma’am.” This can’t be happening.

I grab my raincoat in a rush and starts running through the heavy rain that keeps falling. It’s so cold but it just can’t really disturb me right now since all I care about is just: where the hell is my sister.

End of pov

***

 

 

The loud thunder just strikes and Jessica shouts hysterically in her room, causing someone responds with “Jessica?!? Is that you?!

Jessica gasps and jumps out from her bed and ran downstairs in a jiffy, squealing excitedly when she saw who just came home. Siwon.

Oppaaaaaaa!” she laughs and burst out to Siwon’s arms. “Oppa I came the earliest and expect all of you to be here and then I have to be disappointed—”

I’m home!” a familiar heartwarming voice comes from the front room and Mrs. Choi walks right into the living room, “Jessica!!” she yells out happily and runs to hug her stepdaughter. “Aigo aigo aigo, when did you arrive? I’m sorry I couldn’t pick you up dear, I had some matters to deal with.” She winks her right eye and put her handbag down.

So what did you bring for us from New York?

Eomma, seriously. I just got home and expecting some family time and you just came right up to me and begging for souvenirs? Psh.

Okay okay I get it. I changed my clothes first, okay.” She was about to get up and walks away when she remembered she got home in a rush to tell her only son what just happened this afternoon. “Oh! Siwon-ah?! There’s something big that I wanted to tell you! Okay, stay here stay here, I’m gonna change first!” she gets up and running upstairs leaving Siwon and Jessica frowning their own foreheads upon their mom’s reactions.

Jessica glancing slightly to him and signing him to sit down.

What is it?” he said as he unties his necktie and crossed his legs on the couch.

When I came this afternoon. I went to Tiffany’s house.

Siwon freezed on his spot and slowly changes his sitting position. He shifts closer to her and listens carefully, “What are you doing there?

Well....nothing! She moved out!

Moved out? Whatwhat do you mean she moved out, she—”

That is exactly what I’ve been saying to the receptionist and I was like completely against him saying that Tiffany Hwang sold her apartment and moved out into a smaller unit. Can you believe this?! You should see her new neighborhood, it’s like—”

You went to her new house as well? What are you doing exactly for this whole day?

Jessica rolls her eyes sarcastically and pulls Siwon up from the couch and drag him to the kitchen.

Just don’t talk about this around mom. We both know how she dislikes the idea about you and Tiffany, okay? I saw Donghae there.

Donghae? You mean your ex boyfriend in high school’s era?

Yesjust don’t bring that upI worked with him now in New York, and he’s freaking confessed to me that Tiffany was actually his sister. And I was really dumbfounded that time, found nothing to say and I couldn’t ask anything, and I also didn’t get a chance to see Tiffany today but I wanna go back to her house tomorrow. Are you coming?

His sister? What? Why wouldah. Okay. You have to tell me about that later, and are you kidding of course I have to come tomorrow! I forgot to tell you that I proposed to her again—”

What?!?!” Jessica is about to scream when suddenly Mrs. Choi comes into the kitchen with her silk nightgown and frowning forehead on her face, signing a total disagreement, “Who’s proposing who?!” she yells out at the edge of the kitchen’s cabinet. Leaving Siwon and Jessica both dumfounded.

Choi Siwon you repeat what you just said, right now!” she snaps at him frighteningly. And that was the moment when he felt he was lost for words and now he has to make up something for a better situation. But it’s too late, Mrs. Choi snaps at him yet again with another arguments.

You are not proposing that Tiffany girl!!! Never, ever! You should be thankful towards me that I am sane enough to set you up with Taeyeon right now!

What?!?!” Siwon and Jessica shouts in synchronization.

What? Mom???” Siwon raised his hands up and ask for an explanation. “The hell with your setting ups mom, I don’t want to follow any of that anymore! Are you kidding me or something...... Taeyeon?! She’s her sister!

 “What sister, they weren’t even born from the same mother!” for so many times Siwon and Jessica are astonished by how much their mom knows about the truth. They’ve been trying to do anything to keep that secret away from their mom or else she will really up against her, even she’ll forbid Jessica from seeing Tiffany anymore. The kitchen’s tension is heating right now since Mrs. Choi is forcing up her own desire and keeps intimidating Siwon with the facts that she’s not the one for him.

So, about the 10 carat diamond ring is true?!” she blurts out again without even realizing no one between them has ever mentioned anything about a diamond ring.

She waswaitmom. How did you know about 10 carat diamond ring..?” Siwon stops right there and Mrs. Choi is lost for words.

Mom. Were you going out with your friend this afternoon?

Jessica is playing a spoon around in her hands and barely watching what’s going to happen next, she bends her head down and keeps listening. She raised her head up again as no one make any voices, sees her mom is walking out from the kitchen and Siwon walks out immediately to catch her up. She gets up from the chair and stood by the side of the kitchen’s entrance, watching them arguing.

You went out this afternoon, to do what mom? What matters specifically. Tell me.” He calms down and exhales his breath slowly when Mrs. Choi slowly opens up and answers.

That’s none of your business, Taeyeon and her mom will come here tomorrow around evening. So you better fix your attitude from now.” Siwon knows his mom too much, when she talks with a very soft voice but she’s indeed acting so annoying, it means she didn’t want to be opposed, not even by anyone. Usually he let her go but not this time.

You met her weren’t you?

Jessica walks out from the kitchen and gets straight to her bedroom, closed her door and eavesdropping from inside.

Fine. So I met her today. What are you going to do, Siwon-ah? You’re still going to be married with Taeyeon. Not her.

Where is she now?

I don’t know.

Mom?!!!!?

I don’t know!!! Okay? I don’t know!!

***

 

 

Tiffany’s pov

Oh gee look at me.

Wet, alone, standing like a fool under a tree like this. I never thought someone like me, will be humiliated like this. I never thought my life which was spoiled and luxurious at first, will end up like this, this. I called my driver or I drive my own car and now I even have to sell my own car to pay my credit cards’ debts. I didn’t get a penny of money from dad’s will and that’s just my life. I’m broke and lost. And I felt like such a loser at this time it comes at rate where I just can’t shed any tears. So I try to walk back to the ramen delivery place, I supposed it’s not too far from here.

Well, actually I have to walk at least 1.2 miles from here. Not a problem. I’m used to walk now.

Just then when I reached a quiet area, and glancing a little bit to one of the places and found out it’s a little bit too late to be out here at this time. And my sense is right, when I walk by a group of guys, they start teasing me and whistling upon my presence. This is not good. I quickened my pace and wish for a big deep hole to pull me down, right now.

Hey pretty lady where are you going~” one of them speaks to me and he sounds drunk. I’m practically in danger right now. Quick Tiffany you have to walk faster than this.

Hey don’t walk too fast.” I looked back and saw them approaching me, there are 3 of them and all have that despicable stares towards me and I am really terrified now. I sense their presence nearby and I runaway as fast as I can. Even though the crowd is still a bit too far from here I’m not going to give up just now. Apparently one of them is sober enough to run and ridiculously something make me tripped over my heels and I fell down real hard. The sober enough guy is now kneeling right in front of me with his 2 drunk buddies standing behind me. I am dead.

We told you to not run because you could’ve slipped, especially with those heels.” The guy in front of me says. I stood up immediately and try to find a way out. It was a dead trap to me and I just want to scream for help right now but my mouth just won’t open. And then the drunk guy snatch my hand and grip my chin real tight, I can smell the alcohol’s scent all over his body and that’s when I scream real loud, I kick his stomach out of nowhere and break through to runaway again. I made it to the crowd and breathe gratefully towards god who still have sympathy towards me. I was planning to go to the ramen delivery and disappointed when I see the ‘closed’ sign at the front door, so I just start walking home.

FANY-AH!!!” that shocks me very much. And I turn around to see who it is, can’t really express how thankful I am to see him there running to me, panting, and starts hugging me real tight.

Oppa.” I struggles in his arms and absorbs his scent as much as I could. “Donghae oppa.

I’m here. Okay. Everything’s okay, I was looking for you until the end of this street and I couldn’t find you anywhere! I went to your every single part time jobs’ places and they are all closed.

I burst out into tears and hug him tighter. “Oppa.

What, what happened? Are you alright?!” he try to check on me and I won’t let go of his hug. “What is it Fany-ah, why are you acting like this.

It’s alright. I’m just glad that I still have you.” I said, between the sobbing I’ve made. He my head real slow and I just want to stay like this, for a while, until I’m calm and comfortable enough to let him go.

***

 

 

When the rain is blowing in your face, and the whole world is on your case, I could offer you  a warm embrace. To make you feel my love.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



 

so first of all I want to tell you how much happy I am to write a chapter this long! It contains 2000 thousand of words (even more) and my average of writing is only up to 1600 sometimes. lol. I was too excited.

and I also wanted to thank the subscribers and the people who bother to read and drop by a comment in my fic!!! I really appreciate it! ♥ please don't be tired to drop by your comment because it means a lot to me teeheeeeeeee~

anyway. I'm changing the poster, is it good ^^~

this time I hope you also didn't forget to give me some comments and I'm waiting for new subscribers~~~ :D