Falling Apart pt 1

Let You Go?

 

the *** sign is for the end of someone's/some part. the ~~~ sign means it's still in one part

in case if you're confused hehehe

 

 

Taeyeon’s pov

I didn’t sleep for a whole night thinking about the job interview. I’m going to be a freakin’ lawyer!!! Not, until the job interview’s result is out. And the result’s date is today, at exactly 12 pm. It’s only 8 am now and I don’t know what to do. I kept my eyes open since last night.

Taeyeon-ah??!” that’s mom. I better crawl out from my bed.

Since dad’s gone, mom is losing it, especially with the whole thing Tiffany did, the runaway and hiding from us even when she’s already in Korea, mom is........I don’t know how to describe it. Sometimes, she forgot how to make a cup of tea. Oftenly I have to cook for dinner too, she forgot how to use the frying pan. I’m worried that she had those alzheimer sypmtoms. Which means sooner or later she will forget me.

Coming, mom!!

How do you use a kettle?” there she goes again.

Here, let me do it for you.

Days passing by she begin to forget some little things, fortunately the process is slow, unlike the other alzheimer’s sufferers. I haven’t took her to the doctor yet but I’m sure she’s having alzheimer. Right after I hand her a cup of tea, she glance at our family’s portrait, and points at Tiffany.

Who is that?

I’m confused, is she doing it on purpose or does she really forgot?

Mom, that’s Tiffany. Remember? Tiffany? My sister?” I pulled my chair closer to her and look into her eyes, I swear to god for a second I thought she would forget about me too. I'm terrified.

Tiffany?” she repeats herself.

Yes. Tiffany. Your second daughter.

I don’t remember I have a second daughter.” Her symptoms are now spreading to forgetting people. I just hope she didn’t forget me and dad. Well okay, so she forgot about Tiffany already, but it’s okay since she hated her so much.

Do you remember me?

Mom turns her eyes to me immediately after I said that. “Of course I remember you, you’re my daughter.

And.....and, do you remember your friends?

I do.

The first person eliminated from her mind is Tiffany.

End of pov

 

 

Soobin-ssi? Can you come out with me for a lunch, at about 2pm?” Misook is talking to her cellphone in the middle of the living room, her cat lovingly, as she watch the television. Wondering why she is so happy that morning. She paused for a while and continues after Soobin talked across the phone.

I have something to tell you.” she said, releasing another pauses and continues again, “Okay, I’ll see you there. Ok, byebye.” She throws the phone on to the table and raises her cat high in the air as she giggles excitedly.

***

 

 

Jessica walks out slowly from the arrival section at Incheon airport and keeps bending down her head when she knows no one will pick her up. Tomorrow is chuseok’s day, so she has to go home and celebrate it with her family. Just before she flew from NYC, she called Siwon first asking him if he can come and pick her up. The answer is no he can’t. Secondly, she called her dad and the same answer is given out as well. Lastly, she called her mom and she said she has to meet her friend.

She pulled the trolley full of her luggage, and coming out, seeking for a taxi.

The number you’re calling is inactive, please call again later, or leave a message.

Hey oppa, it’s me. I just wanted to tell you that I’m here already, just please tell mom and dad. I’m going to my apartment, if you guys want to see me, blah blah blah. Bye.” She closed her phone and breathed heavily while having a resentful expression on her face. Just then she remembered about Tiffany, her best friend that has been abandoned by her for many months now.

Sir turn around to Gangnam please!!

~~~

She moved out? What do you mean she moved out?” Jessica is grumbling at the apartment’s receptionist.

She sold this apartment and moved out to another place, miss. Really.” He looks hesitating.

May I know where she moved out to?

The receptionist stares to somewhere else and pretends that he didn’t hear what she just said.

Don’t be rude, you’re a receptionist here, you have to answer what the guest is asking to you.” said Jessica coldly. He nods timidly and looked up for Tiffany’s new address that she left behind a month ago. He writes it down for Jessica, and hands out a piece of ripped paper with an address written down on it.

Thank you.

~~~

Jessica is sitting confusedly on the passenger’s seat and keep exchanging stares to the paper and the street. When the taxi is arrived at the destination, she looks around and surprised at how drastic the neighborhood changed from Gangnam district to this one. She no longer sees the expensive cars and tall buildings, she can see people’s laundry sticking out at their front yards, she made a face upon that and step out from the taxi, seeing little kids running around freely.

Wait for me here, sir.” She said to the taxi’s driver and being replied with a nod.

She hands out the paper again and stares to a multilevel mini condo in front of her right now, actually she was hoping for some fancy high class apartment when she remembers Tiffany, but it seems many things have changed. She comes in and receiving many types of stares from the local occupants. Finally when she reached Tiffany’s door, she breath out a sign of relief. As she knocks it hard and waits for a respond, a woman interrupt and yells, “That lady went out somewhere, miss.

Jessica turns around and glares timidly to the woman with tatoos on her arms, she’s carrying a baby and smoking a cigarette at the same time, that terrifying figure is staring back at her right now, she smiles awkwardly, “Ohokay then.....guessI have towait outside.” She stutters. As she runs outside and squeals, “How can Tiffany lived in this dumpster?!” she lean her back on the taxi and comes inside.

We’re going now miss?

No, wait for another few minutes.

An hour passed, the car’s window is all opened and as she fanning herself with her notebook, suddenly Jessica hears a familiar voice within her hearing, the surprising part is that the voice she heard is not Tiffany’s. She stick out her head and saw Donghae is coming towards the building. Her eyes glared open and she comes out from the taxi.

YA!” she yells out in a very shrilling voice.

오마이갓!” he shouted as well as he try to catch his phone from falling. “Aigooo, what are you doing?! My phone almost fell down!” he protest and his chest.

What are you doing here?” she ignores his grumbling.

What are you doing here? I’m the one who supposed to ask. You arrived here already? For chuseok?

Answer my question.

You answer my question.

Donghae!!!!

What?!?” he raised his arms and put the cellphone to his pocket. “Ah~ you must be looking for Tiffany. You know she’s been asking me about you and how your phone number is unreachable for these last few days—“

I changed my number. Sorry.” Jessica interrupts, and frowns immediately when she caught something weird from his sentences, “Wait. You told her that you knew me?

Don’t worry I didn’t tell her about the part where we used to be dating.” Jessica’s right eye is twitching upon his statement.

Won’t you come and wait inside?

I have luggage.

Well let me help you later then.

My luggage is heavy. I have to go home now.” She answers coldly and turns her body immediately to the taxi.

I was wondering when will you stop being cold to me.” Was the last thing that she heard before she gets in to the car and speeding up to her apartment.

***

 

 

When Misook enters the restaurant with Soobin, she confidently flick her fingers and two waitresses immediately come for them and showing them the table. She put down her purse and orders a meal for both of them. Misook starts first as she wait for some words from her friend but none came out.

Well. I invited you here to discuss about our children.” She gets straight to the point. Seeing Soobin that looks lost since she came to her house to pick her up, she flicks her fingers yet again in front of her face and imposing a smile on her face.

I was talking about your other ‘child’. Taeyeon.

My other child?

Misook didn’t know yet that Soobin had the symptoms of alzheimer so she just frowns her forehead and moving on. “Yes. I’ve heard that she’s applying for lawyer, is that true?

Yes.” Soobin nods, a little bit puzzled upon her question, and continues, “She’s waiting for the job interview’s result this afternoon.

Fascinating.” She grins happily, “Tell me. Is it okay, that I want you to ‘give’ your daughter, as my daughter-in-law?” she unites both of her hands below her chin, waiting for an answer. Soobin is blinking dumbfoundedly, when she realized that she’s taking too long to answer a question and heard Misook secretly clucking, she answers hesitatingly.

You mean......you want Taeyeonnie to get married to Siwon?

Yes.” Misook answers confidently.

Suddenly a guy comes up to their table and speaks to Misook, “Ma’am the girl you’re looking for is here. It took me a long time to take her, I was forced to pull her in to the car.” He said, gasping for breath.

Bring her here.” Misook’s villainous voice is slightly heard. The guy nods obediently and rushes to the restaurant’s front door before she pulls Tiffany inside forcibly. She revolts in his grip until they finally made it to the table. Tiffany’s shocked face is uncovered when she saw both of them at the table. She was trying to escape but the guy is standing on her way, forcing her to keep sitting on her spot.

What do you want from me?!” she wards the guy’s hand and yells on Misook’s face.

Who are you? Why are you yelling at us? So rude!” Soobin confront her immediately, glaring at her with that familiar looks on her face, the one that has always scolded Tiffany from when she was a kid until the day that her father passed away. Tiffany is astonished upon hearing her saying stuff like that.

 

Tiffany’s pov

Who am I? Meaning: she didn’t know me, she didn’t remember me or she pretends she didn’t know me and/or remember me. But why did she have to do that, I mean it’s not like it’s going to change something. Siwon’s mom’s face is the most annoying face I’ve ever seen since the last time I met her back in our house. I knew since the first time she never, ever, agreed on our marriage. Please, like I wanted to marry him that time.

Guess she tries to forget you.” Mrs. Choi is throwing her underestimating stares to me.

I don’t mind.” I try to be cool right now. I don’t want to start anything. Even though I’m still questioning why did she do that. This is so drama-like.

So. I’ve just discussed with your ‘mom’ here.” She pressed on the ‘mom’ as if she’s mocking me, and I don’t even care, just keep going, . “We’re discussing about a wedding.” I raised my eyebrow and my lips just twitched. “Since your eonni is waiting for her job interview’s resultwhich I hope the best for herI was suggesting Soobin-ssi to set her off for a marriage.

And?” I asked her since she’s talking in riddles now. Just get to the point! Geez.

She’s going to married with Siwon. Yes. My son.

What?
Did I misheard what she just said?

 

I hope you to stay away from them, forget about Siwon, he’s not that into you anymore.

What? Just, what?!?! But—“

He told me this morning, that he was wrong, he was wrong from the beginning. When I heard the news that you ran away to Italy, it looks like he was really disappointed. He told me that he wants someone better than you.

He did not.” I hushed and slapping myself inside, trying to gather all my strength to fight her back. My mom just sit there quietly and silently paying attention to a teaspoon. What’s wrong with her?! Didn’t she have something to say upon this so called, shocking news?!?!

He did not! He did not do that!

Yes he did! What are you trying to prove? You’re recently separated from him, aren’t you?!” her voice is getting higher and I’m on the verge of breaking down.

He proposed to me two. months. ago.” Finally the tears are streaming down to my cheeks and I just can’t hold it in any longer, thankfully the restaurant is half empty.

He told me that he loves me.

He bought me a 10 carat diamond ring, fyi.” My voice is trembling, I hate it so much how I look so weak in front of her right now.

Oh yeah? Now where’s that diamond ring?” that question just stab directly to my chest and I just didn’t have anything to answer that one. I lost. I'm shaking on my spot and I don't have any idea what to answer her cornering question. She folds her arms and sneers in glory, as if she defeated me in a biggest competition. I bend deep down and prays for one big hole to pull me down, right now.

"Aha! So you try to prove: nothing!" she claimed. And I'm still there, standing stupidly, hearing her victory.

***

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



 

hello~~~~~

well let me remind you again, Misook is Siwon's mom. and then Soobin, the alzheimer's sufferer, is Taeyeon and Tiffany's mom.

so, mmmkay, Misook is ing hahahahahaha :"D she's so annoying, isn't she? always get in the way and interfered the youth's problems. 

and yes, there's a part 2 of this. 

 

hehehehe <3 comments awaited!