Grow Up Tiffany!

Let You Go?

 

Tiffany walks the real estate’s agent out from her apartment after negociating with him about the price of the apartment on 14th floor she’s been living in for 3 years. She pack all her things into a few big boxes, moving out is stuck in her mind after she realized that her life needs a change. All her crazy friends live not too far from her suite, if she wants a change then it’s time to turn this all upside down.

Hfff that’s the last box!” she said to the local workers of moving house company. The guy takes the last box and rushing to the elevator.

Tiffany walks in to her apartment again, watching it closely for the last time. The living room looks so bright now that she get rid of the pastel pink curtain, the colourful carpets are gone, the kitchen is empty, the paintings left square marks on the wall. She spin around in the living room and realized that she’s going to missed this apartment so much. Even though she realized that living in this place for a little bit longer is going to make her suffer, because she remembered how she beg on her knees to her dad, to buy this apartment.

 

3 years ago

Come on dad, I’m 18 now! And I’m turning 19 this year! Come on, pleaaaaase? Buy me the apartment that I showed to you yesterday, it’s on the special occasion, they might want to lower the price down. Please? Please please please?"

Mr. Hwang twitch his mouth signing that he’s not really into the idea but the fact that her daughter keeps asking him to buy it is incriminating him. He frowns his forehead deeply, remembering the price of the apartment, been stated by the apartment’s side it’s around 22.8 million won for one apartment only.

But, Tiffany, don’t you think Gangnam district is too expensive?” Mrs. Hwang cuts in.

Mom?!” Tiffany shots the ‘not-now!!’ stare to her mom.

Mr. Hwang raised his head and says, “Yes I think it would be so expensive, why don’t you try Seocho, or Yongsan? It’s quiet fancy too there, and the price is reasonable.

Dad you bought Taeyeon a 850.000 us dollar apartment in Canada.” She tried to argue, and of course, she wants her fancy apartment.

But it’s a different case—“

But I want that apartment!

 

 

Miss? Hello? Anything else you want to ship to the moving truck?” one of the worker come back to the apartment and interrupting her flashback moment, annoyed and grateful at the same time Tiffany shook her head and replies him with a friendly smile. The worker gave her the note of when will her stuffs gets into the new house and how much should she pay. Tiffany gazed to the bill and glares slowly as she looks at the total bill.

Oh my, I have to admit I have a lot of stuff.” she groan inwardly.

 

New York, 9am

Good morning wonderful city of New York, and hello weekend!!!” Jessica is awake by the noise and realized it’s the old widow beside her place who loves to turn on the radio very loud early in the morning. She thumps her feet to the floor and comb her hair slowly before she walks out and knock on her door.

Mrs. Williams?! Could you please turn the volume down a little bit?!!” she knocks hard and the sound of the radio lower down, a few moments later the old widow comes out with a pale green mask cream on her face and her hair being rolled all over.

Oh. I’m sorry, am I disturbing you, little miss blondie?” she puts on her most annoying face ever. Jessica cannot stand this neighbor when it comes to an early morning on weekend, she just really needs an 8 hours of sleep and Mrs. Williams just love to distract her.

I’m just saying, that you should turn your radio’s volume a little bit. There’s nothing harmful about it, besides, you’re not only disturbing me but also the entire resident who lives in this mini condo. Do you understand me?” said Jessica unpatiently. She walks back to her door, “Good morning Mrs. Williams, have a fancy weekend.” and slams it on her face.

Damn it, weird old widow.” Jessica complains while pulling up her blanket again, unfortunately it seems that she can’t lie down lazily in this beautiful weekend, her phone rings and she screams angrily until Mrs. Williams knocks on her wall and yells, “Now you’re doing it!!!!! Shut up!

Ughhhhhh!!!” Jessica growls to her phone.

***

 

Donghae smiles innocently in front of Jessica right now who’s totally pissed off because of him. It’s him who calls her back then, telling her that they should meet right away to discuss the article they’ve been working on. Jessica came with heavy and sleepy eyes on her face, the eyebags just won’t disappear. She sits calmly as she refuse to take off her sunglasses.

But we’re indoor now you have to take your sunglasses off.” said Donghae as he reach into his bag and brings out an envelope with photos inside.

Jessica didn’t reply to him and focusing only to the photos in her hands. Donghae is majoring the photography as every snapshot he took is just beautiful for the proves, she mutters and nodding at every photos she’s looking at. Donghae smiles proudly upon her reaction.

I’m going to Korea this week since the next month article is now in your hands.

Jessica looks up immediately and frowns her forehead, “You can’t do that, you’re working permanently in this magazine’s company now.” showed in her tone of voice that she really disagree. Donghae smiled mischievously and raised his camera.

Hmm. Who says I’m moving to Korea? I just wanted to go there. Haha.” he snickered and snivels.

Jessica responds it with a single nods and a muttering. Donghae put his arms on the table and stick his head closer to the front, where he can see her figure clearly now. Her head is still bowing down towards the photos, unconscious of his presence in front of her as she starts speaking again.

What are you going to do there? Meeting family? Ahchuseok is coming right.

Donghae rests his chin on his hand and answers calmly, “Maybe. I have a sister, I promised her to pay a visit to her as soon as possible. Who knows, what is she up to now.

Again, Jessica catch his bait by responding quickly and slightly complains, “But you didn’t have a sister.” She gasps, realize that she’s opening herself up, admitting that she knows him. Donghae tilt his head to the side and narrowing his eyes towards her. Her hands are moving towards her lips now and Donghae hears her mumbling and whispering “Babo! Babo-ya!” for a several times. He cough and drinks up his coffee.

I’m Jessica Jung, very nice to meet you.” He imitated her from the first time they met in the office, where the editor in chief stated that Jessica is his partner. “I mean, really?!” he sneered. Both of them drops silent until Jessica put the photos back in the envelope and raised her head up.

Well what else am I supposed to do?!” she fights back.

Donghae’s jaws dropped open as he try to think the words he wants to say. “Anything! Anything beside that! Don’t pretend you didn’t know me, you knew me!” he paused and breathe out a heavy sigh making his chest looks so heavy, “What to do with you, you’re hating me for chasing my own dream? I was hoping to see you in the airport, saying goodbye, supporting me, I was hoping that we still got a chance.” His tears are on its verge of falling down to his cheeks, while Jessica stares at him knowing that he cries easily. It’s his common behavior from the very first time she knew him.

Oppa, please. Not here. Come on, don’t cry.” Jessica looks around the cafe and smiles awkwardly to those who watches Donghae quietly sheding tears on his chair.

Oh you’re calling me oppa now?” he gets up from his chair and walks quickly outside. Jessica clucks and follows him.

Donghae-ya!” Jessica yells his name out and grab his shoulder. He turns around after he wipes off his unstoppable tears and calming down. “Pull yourself together!” she hits him on the chest, “So what am I supposed to do? Am I wrong that time to love and care about you so much until you decided to walk away from my life just like that, I’m not allowed to stop you? I can’t do that?! Can’t I?!” Thanks to her sunglasses her full of sadness face is invisible.

If it wasn’t Italy I might have been come to the airport and support you. Do you know how far it is from Korea to Italy? Do you know whatever I did to get into a magazine’s company is because of you? Because you are a photographer, related to this business whatsoever? You’re supposed to be the one who says sorry to me!” she snivels and giving pauses to every sentence that comes out since the tears are unbearable now, “Ah. What am I doing now. Look, this is so not me.

Donghae looked at her with rapt attention, eager to embrace her but just afraid of the reaction that will be given. Jessica wipes her tears along with the fading eyeliner with her shirt’s sleeve, as she snivels hard and try to breathe in some air, she put on her sunglasses again and sighs.

I don't know why we even meet again, I swear when you left me behind that day that we're not going to meet each other again. I will forget you and I have forgotten you when suddenly I have to go to the freakin' Milan to see you and work together for a fashion show's article. My life is so funny."

"I don't see why it's funny." Donghae stares intensely to her and continues to talk, "So, you don't want to see me again?" he walks slowly to the chair at the bus stop while Jessica watches him, not once thinking about sitting together with him on it. The time that she had spent on crying affects on her shrugging shoulders and she cannot do anything about that.

"I'll see you tomorrow at work." she walks away.

Donghae raised up from the chair and grab her arm, "I'm sorry." he waits for a further reaction she will give, "Jessica, I'm sorry. For everything. Everything I've done that hurted you for the past 3 years of your life." she flinch his grasp slowly but firms, and keeps walking straight ahead.

"What am I supposed to do with you?!?" Donghae yells out before Jessica starts disappearing in the crowd of New York city.

***

 

Is there any available jobs here, sir?” asked Tiffany to a local coffee shop near Insadong district, the ahjussi she just asked shook his head and throws a slight of pity stares to her. Tiffany bows and walks out from the coffee shop, mumbling, “I don’t need to be pitied, I need a job.” A few metres away, a ddokbeoki restaurant with a simple note on the window that says “Help needed.” made her stopping by and she walks inside happily.

Good morning! Umm, you sticks the note on the front window, may I apply for that job?

The owner hesitates for a while before she asks Tiffany can she cook a ddeokboki and she answered it confidently, “Of course I can! I can do dishes too!” after a few minutes of another questions such as why would she wanted to work there, and what time can she come for work, Tiffany is hired. One thousand won per half an hour. With the shift from 8 am to 7pm, she is totally available for that job. Walking out happily from the store, Tiffany stops at the sidewalk waiting for a public bus to come by.

That is her original plan when suddenly a prominent, silver and shining Hyundai car passing by in front of her, whose the owner stops not too far from where she stood. A couple seconds of admiring and continues with a surprised face when she recognized who is the owner.

Tiffany?! What are you doing here??!” the man yelling at her with his concerning yet angry tone.

Umm..umm.......Siwon-ah! Hi! Didn’t expect you to be—"

Answer me! I called Taeyeon just now and she told me there were no signs of you going home! Are you lying to me?!

I....I....” the first thing that came up to her mind is the engagement ring.

Where the hell did the engagement ring disappeared to. And after that she starts thinking about Siwon’s reaction if she tell him the truth.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



 

hufffh~ that was a long update alright. hmhmhm I rewrite the HaeSica part again after I'm sure that the original part is kinda silly and overreacting -_-

I want to put in Taeyeon and Sooyoung too but I just confused on where and when do they have to show up hmmmm, it's just I want Taeyeon to show up more often. hahaha...

anyway

hope you like my new update! ^-^